Nicolas Jackson - striker

21 hours ago, abister1 said:

Oh yes it is, don't have to even go out of this place to see it. 

Most athletes/sports people thrive off the support and love of the fans, they don't need the love but the support is vital. 

The irony is fans want to openly show hatred and disdain for their own but want same player to deliver the goods. Some will argue the players need to win their support and love by delivering the goods first but I disagree. As a fan of a team, you have an unconditional duty to support the team. Sure don't like the player, you don't have to but the trend of pulling your own players down because he smiles funny, walks funny, looks funny, has a horrible personality which you can tell by simply observing how a player is on the pitch and the litany of reasons I've seen on here..... 

Some of these players don't stand a chance at ever becoming the players they can be with the kind of toxic fans that abound theses days. 

Great players make it regardless. Beckham spent a year getting death threats from the entire country and media posts about him and his family every day and still showed up week in week out and delivered when it mattered against Greece. Its sh*t the abuse players get but its always happened and likely always will. It goes hand in hand with a profession that millions of people invest thousands of £'s and heightened emotions in to. I don't think i've seen a player be signed and not be backed from day one at Chelsea, but there comes a time when your faith and support has to be repaid. If i was failing at work and costing my company i wouldn't expect my boss and colleagues to put an arm around me, i'd be sacked.

I don't understand the hate on Jackson. He is imo already a rotational level player for Chelsea. 

30m for 22 years old rotational player st with room of improvement is a bargain. Why can't he finish? If Jackson can finish, no chance you will get him for 30 m. 

The question you should be asking is what kind of SD have Jackson as our only st but if you look at the makeup of our squad, that is not a suprised 😂😂😂

My biggest concern with him is his attitude. I don’t have a problem with him as a footballer, it’s not his fault he ended up as our only striker.

He’s more than good enough to be our back up striker.

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

I don't understand the hate on Jackson. He is imo already a rotational level player for Chelsea. 

30m for 22 years old rotational player st with room of improvement is a bargain. Why can't he finish? If Jackson can finish, no chance you will get him for 30 m. 

The question you should be asking is what kind of SD have Jackson as our only st but if you look at the makeup of our squad, that is not a suprised 😂😂😂

Don't confuse hate with people just not rating him much as a footballer.

No true Chelsea supporter hates Jackson. We just don't really want to see him in the starting 11, even less so after Saturday.

Stop saying hate for f**ks sake, its not hate to point out his flaws. The desperation by a few to try and close down a discussion because they like him is as pathetic as his shooting.

Also his price has nothing to do with it, he is a professional footballer in the top leagues, the fact he didnt even manage to get a shot off in that situation on the weekend doesnt matter if he is first choice striker or from the academy, it was dreadful and he should rightfully get pulled for it.

Edited by dkw

4 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Think this is a poor comment considering I like your perspective on a lot that you post.

There is a massive leap from a group of committed and often frustrated fans that have signed up to a members forum, expressing opinions and often illustrating their frustrations amongst each other, and the filth and bile that cowards, often hiding behind anonymity,  post directly at, and often to the personal accounts of, players and celebrities that they are apparently fans of. Racism, homophobia,  sexism, extremism of any kind will never be eradicated from the minds if some people. Social media platforms should have the wherewithal to recognise this and, if these pointless, self serving outlets of drivel are to perpetuate there should be safeguards in place to prevent abuse such as this and to make the perpetrators clearly identifiable.

Post of the year! ::clap2::

Jackson has improved everything apart from his finishing. His hold up play, running in behind and link up play is actually good, but he will never be good enough to be a starter at a team that has ambitions to win trophies if he can't score goals. Next season we desperately need another striker but there's definitely a place for Jackson if he can improve his shooting, he's still young so definitely has time on his hands.

Jackson could be the new Kaloooouuuu!

Anything better than that and it's a bonus. He's got time on his side so let's see. I agree his attitude towards discipline stinks but that can change if Poch does his job.

5 hours ago, Nibs said:

No true Chelsea supporter hates Jackson. We just don't really want to see him in the starting 11, even less so after Saturday.

I can rephrase my post into saying not rating Jackson and my point still stand. Jackson is fine, not a starter level player, but he is good enough to be rotational option. 

So you don't want to play Jackson. Who do you want to play as vertical option? 

You know I watched the Beckham documentary not that long ago, and the early episodes made me realise how much sh*t those youngsters went through but they still got on with it, and they were paid a lot less than the ones today. I even remember that conference Lampard had when he was just a pup at West Ham, and the media were horrible to him and his uncle Harry had to defend him. Couldn't imagine any young player today having to cope with any of that stuff, never mind excelling under it. 

Yes, social media has elevated this stuff in certain levels, but I definitely think players had it far worse in the late 90's and 2000's. If "hate" what you call it is holding Jackson back, that's also on him, he needs to suck it up and accept criticism. Although, I doubt he actually cares and we're all just speculating here. Let your performances on the pitch do the talking, I support Nico to become a good player, and whilst I do agree some criticism of him is over the top at times I fully understand where people are coming from on here. I don't see any "hate", he's still young and has time to improve, I'm sure he's well aware of that. 

50 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I can rephrase my post into saying not rating Jackson and my point still stand. Jackson is fine, not a starter level player, but he is good enough to be rotational option. 

we have another striker on the bench don't we? He can't be any worse

2 minutes ago, guddy69 said:

we have another striker on the bench don't we? He can't be any worse

And he would get experience (Washington) we have absolutely nothing to loose, let see if he can get past one defender or score a one on one..if he does that's a 100% improvement 🙂

I have so little faith in Jackson, I would play without a striker. That would mean playing Palmer, Chukwuemeka, Madueke & Mudryk, supported by Gallagher - all inter-linking and getting shots on goal. ALL look more likely to score than Jackson right now.

11 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Think this is a poor comment considering I like your perspective on a lot that you post.

There is a massive leap from a group of committed and often frustrated fans that have signed up to a members forum, expressing opinions and often illustrating their frustrations amongst each other, and the filth and bile that cowards, often hiding behind anonymity,  post directly at, and often to the personal accounts of, players and celebrities that they are apparently fans of. Racism, homophobia,  sexism, extremism of any kind will never be eradicated from the minds if some people. Social media platforms should have the wherewithal to recognise this and, if these pointless, self serving outlets of drivel are to perpetuate there should be safeguards in place to prevent abuse such as this and to make the perpetrators clearly identifiable.

Thanks for you candour. I would hope its not totally descended into the vile mainstream social media and there's still hope for it.

I don't make those comments lightly, it is a strong thing to say after all. I have been on this platform for years and have seen all sorts of characters and spats. I myself not holding any sort of moral high ground have been in a few. However over the last few months I have been genuinely alarmed at some of the comments and reactions I've seen.

I know it's coming a great deal from the frustration you speak about which has been a Boehly /Claerlake created problem. We the fans on here are reasonably well considered and mannered when you compare to some of the other rival forums out there, that I have experienced. 

The thing is we realise that the ownership of the club have tried to do good (I think this is the case) but they have come in shooting from the hips and ended up executing high risk strategies that could end up detrimenting the club in the worst possible way. 

This frustration has carried on to our performances and by extension players and managers. We are all allowed to vent especially in the match day forum when the emotions are running high but after that I would expect we go back to being well considered and not "attack" our own in the way I have seen quite frequently recently. 

Maybe I'm oblivious to it happening previously but I only say it not to have a moan or police people. At the end of the day everyone here is an adult with their own brain and responsible for their own actions. 

Part of me being on here is to engage in healthy discourse, listen to differing views, and agreeing to disagree where appropriate as relates to the team I love.

I don't particularly feel endeared to any of these current crop of players, have a leaning to Gusto, Caicedo and at a push Noni but no matter the way I feel about the rest I have no qualms trying to get the crowd to see them first as humans, second as our players and critique them on the basis of their football or on the pitch football related performances.

But hey, that's  just my opinion and could well be off the mark. I don't go to social media as I know you will see all sorts of idiots, haters of the club and such who say all sorts about our players and team. When I see similar on here, a safe space for Chelsea fans, I get confused and as I know it wasn't like this previously, I have found myself asking... where is this trend coming from? It is still confounding me. 

The most unnatural striker I've seen in front of goal. Not sure ive seen anyone develop into a world class striker from his level. I think his peak would be a loic Remy level of player, 3rd choice striker for a title challenging team. 

I'd prefer to see Lukaku leading the line 1st game of the season than Jackson. That is some statement. 

14 hours ago, dkw said:

Stop saying hate for f**ks sake, its not hate to point out his flaws.

14 hours ago, Nibs said:

No true Chelsea supporter hates Jackson. 

I pretty much hate him tbh, or at the very least find him a highly unlikeable player to support.

The unfounded arrogance

The fact he spends more time on his hair than he does shooting

The begging for naked photos from only fans girls

The hissy fits over penalties and failing to celebrate when someone else scored

the sob stories to try and garner sympathy/ empathy in the media about playing bare foot until he was a teenager

The petulance and constant yellow cards

The constant sneer on his face.

.... and biggest of all, the fact that he is rubbish.

Can't stand him. He is rubbish 

10 hours ago, Nibs said:

I have so little faith in Jackson, I would play without a striker. That would mean playing Palmer, Chukwuemeka, Madueke & Mudryk, supported by Gallagher - all inter-linking and getting shots on goal. ALL look more likely to score than Jackson right now.

Is Jackson good enough to be a starter for us? I rate Jackson very highly and even I say hell no, not even close. Rotation with a giroud as option or behind your main guy, absolutely but as main st, you got to be joking 

The problem with our situation is that we need Jackson to play because you want somebody to make run behind to stretch the defense to allow the like of palmer, carney space to receive underneath otherwise it is very difficult to conjure any offense. The only 3 player who are at least decent at running behind is Chilwell, Sterling, jackson. 😂😂😂