Following Our Nearest And Dearest Rivals 2023/24

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Am I the only one who doesn’t rate/like peter drury as a commentator? Just tries too hard/all very contrived when a team scores. Like he wants to be part of a viral clip or something every time. Just changes lines whoever scores. I find it all very cringe and have done for a very long time.

I miss the guys from the past, who were there to assist the telling of the story, not wanting to be front and centre of the story.

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

There's those experienced defenders once again helping Utd not concede. Oh no, wait...

There's that youth and experience hindering Arsenal again from winning games. Oh no, wait...

If only experience was all that mattered eh. 

The experience excuse can only go so far. 

23 minutes ago, enigma said:

There's those experienced defenders once again helping Utd not concede. Oh no, wait...

There's that youth and experience hindering Arsenal again from winning games. Oh no, wait...

If only experience was all that mattered eh. 

Yeah, because that is exactly what we meant when we said we lack experience 🙄

You're not even close to being correct either. Who won the game for Arsenal? All experienced players with over 250 senior appearances. They only started 2 players with under 150 appearances, and 2 more came off the bench. 10 of the Arsenal players that played today have over 200 appearances.

Now let's look at us.

Yesterday we started 5 players under 150 appearances, 3 of them have under 100 appearances. Who did we bring off the bench to save us? all 4 players that have under 150 appearances, 2 of them under 100 appearances. We had a total of 4 players play that had 200 appearances at senior level.

Our squad are babies compared to Arsenal. They are massively more experienced compared to our squad.

It's laughable that you and a few others on here think that was some kinda of gotcha.

Edited by Scott Harris

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Yeah, because that is exactly what we meant when we said we lack experience 🙄

You're not even close to being correct either. Who won the game for Arsenal? All experienced players with over 250 senior appearances. They only started 2 players with under 150 appearances, and 2 more came off the bench. 10 of the Arsenal players that played today have over 200 appearances.

Now let's look at us.

Yesterday we started 5 players under 150 appearances, 3 of them have under 100 appearances. Who did we bring off the bench to save us? all 4 players that have under 150 appearances, 2 of them under 100 appearances. We had a total of 3 players play that had 200 appearances at senior level.

Our squad are babies compared to Arsenal. They are massively more experienced compared to our squad.

It's laughable that you and a few others on here think that was some kinda of gotcha.

Martinelli, Saka, and Odegaard weren't given charity minutes to develop tbf. 

Our players will continue to be inexperienced if they don't play. 

1 minute ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Martinelli, Saka, and Odegaard weren't given charity minutes to develop tbf. 

Our players will continue to be inexperienced if they don't play. 

But they had a ton of experience around them to help them grow into the players they are today. We are putting pressure on players, some of them barely out of the academy, to achieve some form of European football. They will struggle to win most games at this level.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

But they had a ton of experience around them to help them grow into the players they are today. We are putting pressure on players, some of them barely out of the academy, to achieve some form of European football. They will struggle to win most games at this level.

The quality of experience wasn't that great though when these young players are being helped by Luiz, Wilian, Bellerin, Lacazette, etc.

Game time and guidance probably most important imo. I'd argue our players are better off learning from players currently in their prime (Sterling, Chilwell, James, Nkunku, Disasi) vs over the hill players. 

Lots of comparisons with arsenal going on here…you guys did notice it took them several years to get back here right? Arteta finished eighth twice in a row, then fifth before last season’s title challenge.

yes we’ve spent a sh*tload but think fans need to accept we’re not going to be back to being chelsea of old in five minutes.

2 hours ago, The Brit said:

Lots of comparisons with arsenal going on here…you guys did notice it took them several years to get back here right? Arteta finished eighth twice in a row, then fifth before last season’s title challenge.

yes we’ve spent a sh*tload but think fans need to accept we’re not going to be back to being chelsea of old in five minutes.

I accepted that long ago, as did most fans. I'm not even thinking about winning or competing for any titles any time soon. 

A lot of fans have gotten it into their head that a lot of us a concerned because we can't compete for titles, but it's nothing like that. The thing I'm concerned about is being one of the worst performing teams in the league since the year began. Another one is that we will need to pay around £1b to clubs over the next 8 or so years. 1 season out of Europe could be so damaging in the long run, but we look closer to dragging ourselves into a relegation fight than competing for European spots again.

The owners have risked everything for this, and if it doesn't work, we're f**ked.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I accepted that long ago, as did most fans. I'm not even thinking about winning or competing for any titles any time soon. 

A lot of fans have gotten it into their head that a lot of us a concerned because we can't compete for titles, but it's nothing like that. The thing I'm concerned about is being one of the worst performing teams in the league since the year began. Another one is that we will need to pay around £1b to clubs over the next 8 or so years. 1 season out of Europe could be so damaging in the long run, but we look closer to dragging ourselves into a relegation fight than competing for European spots again.

The owners have risked everything for this, and if it doesn't work, we're f**ked.

Indeed. I came in to the season just wanting to enjoy watching us again. Did not expect a title challange, a cup win or top 5.

But even the enjoyment of a Chelsea game is too much to ask. Forest was the worst of Potter and Lamps games last year.