Brentford vs Chelsea (PL) Saturday 2nd March 2024 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Far as line up goes I think Gusto looking gassed against Leeds means we need to rest him as he is one of those players I fear could pick up and injury again if pushed too far.

Also given Mudryk looked fairly useful central and not at all out wide I'd like us to try the interchangeable thing with him up top.

Petrovic

Disasi

Chalobah

Colwill

Chilwell

Caicedo

Enzo

Palmer

Gallagher

Jackson

Mudryk

Players need to remember what happened in the first game against them. Brentford one of the most disappointing teams this season in terms of getting points, so we are.

Toney is a real danger.

Our last 5 games are actually fine (in all comps). Losing to Liverpool's U16 is the most hurting but we still managed to score goals and win games.

------------ Petrovic ------------

Gusto(fit?) -- Disasi -- Colwill -- Chilwell

--------- Caicedo ----- Enzo --------

-------------- Gallagher -------------

Palmer ---------------------- Jackson

------------ Mudryk -----------

* We still don't know which position is best for Mudryk to play, but maybe on counters and few touches under pressure might get something out of him.

COME ON CHELS!!!

I’m mostly worried about Enzo and Caicedo in the pivot. They both looked gassed, and we really can’t risk an injury to any of them. 
Therefore I’d pull Gallagher back to rotate with them, even with Gallagher being our biggest goal threat lately. 
Mudryk showed some potential in the 10, hopefully Casadei could get serious minutes there as well. 
My team: 

Petrovic

Gilchrist Chalobah Colwill Chilwell

Gallagher Caicedo

Palmer     Mudryk    Sterling

Jackson

Enzo, Gusto and Disasi getting much needed rest, hopefully Washington can work himself into roatitation as well

Anyone have any flipping idea about when Lavia and Chuks might be back?

Not sure what the line up will be. Hope Petrovic is back between the posts and after last night, I never want to see Disasi paried with Chalobah at CB's. They were dreadful and Ivan Toney would have been watching that rubbing his hands. 

15 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Far as line up goes I think Gusto looking gassed against Leeds means we need to rest him as he is one of those players I fear could pick up and injury again if pushed too far.

Oh rest them all.  They are "fatigued" and "tired" and they have all been "pushed too far" - bless them.

Sterling has to carry his wages around. That is a weight for him. 327K pounds a week. bless.

Brentford have been a bit of a bogey team for us in recent years, especially at the Bridge. They are also in a real relegation scrap. Toney and Wissa will need to be watched as usual. I think they are missing a couple of key defensive players with injury so that might help our chances. I suspect we will see a similar lineup to the one that started against Liverpool. Would be great if we can get a win and stay in touch with the battled for 6th/7th. I think our next game after this is Monday 11th so we will get a little bit of a break after this one.

On 29/02/2024 at 20:07, AndyDowsleftflank said:

I’m mostly worried about Enzo and Caicedo in the pivot. They both looked gassed, and we really can’t risk an injury to any of them. 
Therefore I’d pull Gallagher back to rotate with them, even with Gallagher being our biggest goal threat lately. 
Mudryk showed some potential in the 10, hopefully Casadei could get serious minutes there as well. 
My team: 

Petrovic

Gilchrist Chalobah Colwill Chilwell

Gallagher Caicedo

Palmer     Mudryk    Sterling

Jackson

Enzo, Gusto and Disasi getting much needed rest, hopefully Washington can work himself into roatitation as well

Anyone have any flipping idea about when Lavia and Chuks might be back?

I like your thinking. 

15 minutes ago, TheCeleryKing said:

Lots of fatigue and tiredness. Especially from the players. Todd and the board are knackered. The manager is obviously very fatigued and overwhelmed. The fans are doing their best.

The fans are also knackered :rant:

12 minutes ago, Valerie said:

The fans are also knackered :rant:

Knackered? Maybe. I always thought that the fans were made of sterner materials. Tougher. Stronger. Sturdier. Unbreakable and indomitable of spirit.

Do not worry about a thing. . . because every little thing is going to be alright.

14 minutes ago, TheCeleryKing said:

Knackered? Maybe. I always thought that the fans were made of sterner materials. Tougher. Stronger. Sturdier. Unbreakable and indomitable of spirit.

Do not worry about a thing. . . because every little thing is going to be alright.

But we are getting too old to cope with 2 days of rest between games. When do you want us to recover from the hungover from the pre-match and post-match drinking?