Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

ain't worried no more. conte wouldn't sign new contract if board didn't promised him to bring players that he wants. day after he signed new contract we are likely to sign morata. danilo deal is off and we still need right back to compete with moses, aurier would be great 

Well I may be old and a little impatient these days especially when it comes to transfer windows; depending who or what you read we seemingly are either dragging our heels, failing to get deals done or penny pinching, which seems rather strange given the clubs history of transfer dealings.  Still, like all fans we have no idea who the targets are or were, pure speculation on the part of the media when it came to Lukaku perhaps, although all reports suggest that we were expected to sign him.  During 'silly season' as I call it clubs like ours are linked with everything and everyone but it does seem more so that this time around all our apparent targets are being sought by both United and City...the latest being Danilo.  Who knows what Conte has up his sleeve this season; perhaps he doesn't want an out and out striker per se, but intends going with pure counter attacking speed.    

Anyway I suggest we all remain calm, sit back and see what unfolds.  I don't think the people behind the scenes running the club are stupid and also don't recognize that we look a bit thin on talent.   Although it's nice to get transfers done earlier, we still have a few weeks left to see how things actually end up at the start of the season. 

9 minutes ago, amART said:

ain't worried no more. conte wouldn't sign new contract if board didn't promised him to bring players that he wants. day after he signed new contract we are likely to sign morata. danilo deal is off and we still need right back to compete with moses, aurier would be great 

I'd have a look at Pisczek from dortmund, i know he's older but that means there'd be room for Aina to move into the role in the future if he proves good enough, probably a pipe dream at best though. We need a RWB, that much is certain

4 minutes ago, RMCM said:

I'd have a look at Pisczek from dortmund, i know he's older but that means there'd be room for Aina to move into the role in the future if he proves good enough, probably a pipe dream at best though. We need a RWB, that much is certain

Pereira.

Not sure what's happening with the Danilo deal. Some reports are saying City have beat Chelsea to signing him other reports are saying we're close to getting him

It really makes no sense City getting him after they've just splashed out 50 million on Walker who plays in the exact same position

I'm not sure that City board know how to do any scouting. All they do is literally follow Pep's beck and call and splash cash at the nearest headline.

That backline now has the cost of an entire squad:

In Euros:

Moraes - 40m

Stones - 55.6m

Otamendi - 44.6

Mangala - 30.5m

Walker - 51m

Bravo - 18m

Sum total of: 239.7m Euros or approx £211.89m

And they're about to add (according to rumours)

Danilo - €30m?

And they still need to buy 2 LBs. 

1 hour ago, Deino said:

I'm not sure that City board know how to do any scouting. All they do is literally follow Pep's beck and call and splash cash at the nearest headline.

That backline now has the cost of an entire squad:

In Euros:

Moraes - 40m

Stones - 55.6m

Otamendi - 44.6

Mangala - 30.5m

Walker - 51m

Bravo - 18m

Sum total of: 239.7m Euros or approx £211.89m

And they're about to add (according to rumours)

Danilo - €30m?

And they still need to buy 2 LBs. 

3 hours ago, Sparkz said:

Not sure what's happening with the Danilo deal. Some reports are saying City have beat Chelsea to signing him other reports are saying we're close to getting him

It really makes no sense City getting him after they've just splashed out 50 million on Walker who plays in the exact same position

Inverted LB my friends, inverted LB

7 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I can load up the Football Manager Real Time Editor and find a decent RB, if it helps?

Done.

Henrichs only just turned 20 can play both RB and LB not the paciest but is reasonable tall and seems to be well rounded.

According to FM I reckon with some positioning training he would be good cover for both RWB and LWB and would turn into a very good player in 2 years or so.

Everton want 50m for Barkley. Along with United and Spurs we are the interested party. 

I'd hate to see Pochettino get his hands on him even if it is for that much. Something tells me they won't be interested at that price though lol. 

He's a risk but if he comes good he could be a phenomenal player for whoever has him. 

A target man AND a technical striker ? What does that mean concerning our formation ? 

Courtois

Rudiger   Luiz    Cahill

Moses     Bakayoko  Kante       Alonso

Hazard

Morata/Michy   ????

6 minutes ago, Geert The Flyer said:

A target man AND a technical striker ? What does that mean concerning our formation ? 

Courtois

Rudiger   Luiz    Cahill

Hazard

Morata/Michy   ????

You would drop azpilicueta>!!>??

5 minutes ago, Geert The Flyer said:

You can't drop Cahill, so it would be Dave or Rudiger. Keep in mind Andreas probably will join the first team.

You definitely can drop Cahill. If Terry can be dropped as Captain then Cahil certainly can. Azpi and Luiz are far superior to Gary in this formation.

Courtois

Dave.           Luiz.            Rudiger

Moses.     Bakayoko.      Kante.      Alonso

Willian.         Hazard

Morata

Looks pretty solid to me with the exception of Moses. In a perfect world I'd like to see him replaced with Danilo (looking less likely) or Aurier.

To really take it too the next level I'd replace Alonso and Willian as well but I have an attachment to them so maybe a slight bias there. In a perfect world I'd replace them with Sandro or R. Rodriguez and Sanchez.

2 hours ago, Geert The Flyer said:

Courtois

Rudiger   Luiz    Cahill

Hazard

Morata/Michy   ????

You forgot to include our best defender