Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Batmans season has never got started and never will now. Going all out for the double and Batmans only chance is if Chelsea wrap the title up early. 

Getting 20 seconds here or there was taking the mickey but not coming on at all even for an FA Cup game. Only have one forward the manager trusts but he is never rested at the end of games. 

Its that bad Batman is actually taking someone's place on the bench now.

6 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

I think he will go out of loan. He has the potential to bang goals in for a number of prem clubs or other European clubs. Then I don't know what the problem is but a loan situation would at least keep his value up if he performs well.

To me it seems like he was a club buy and not a player Conte wanted, if that is the case, then it would be better to sell him this summer. I doubt it would be hard to regain our money for a young striker like him, even with the limited time he has spent on the pitch. 

11 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If it's a choice between keeping Costa in form, match fit and our leading scorer or giving Michy minutes just because I know what I'd choose. 

It's never been about a choice, it doesn't ever have to be.

Why couldn't Batman come on against Wolves?

Why couldn't Batman come on when Chelsea are 3-1 up against Swansea.

It doesnt even have to be for Costa, it's not even just the last two games but been the whole season.

Its pretty clear Conte doesn't rate him. It's questions about the future of a forward who was signed for 33m one summer then never plays.

4 minutes ago, comtrend said:

To me it seems like he was a club buy and not a player Conte wanted, if that is the case, then it would be better to sell him this summer. I doubt it would be hard to regain our money for a young striker like him, even with the limited time he has spent on the pitch. 

I am pretty sure that's the case too and deffiantly now his not even getting his worthwhile 20 seconds. I don't think any manager would sign a player they wanted for 33m and never give him any minutes.

Depends how much Chelsea need the money I guess. They could loan him out get a loan fee and his wages paid. If he plays well like Lukuka his value goes up and also worst case scenario is another manager might like him so there's always that option.

I think we would better off having a more versatile 2nd choice striker, someone that can also get minutes out wide. 

Its been a tough season for michy, especially with no champions league football, and costa playing really well. 

I like him as a player, I just dont think he is a good fit for the squad. 

54 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

It's never been about a choice, it doesn't ever have to be.

Why couldn't Batman come on against Wolves?

Why couldn't Batman come on when Chelsea are 3-1 up against Swansea.

It doesnt even have to be for Costa, it's not even just the last two games but been the whole season.

Its pretty clear Conte doesn't rate him. It's questions about the future of a forward who was signed for 33m one summer then never plays.

He didn't play against Wolves because Conte wanted his first choice players not to go 14 days without playing. 

He needed Costa fit and in form. Costa scored in that game after a mini drought giving him the confidence going into today's game. 

He didn't come on today because the subs were about compactness. Matic came on and we went 3-5-2 to pack out the middle of the field. The Zouma game on to stop Swansea fitting high balls to the right of our defence where Llorente was getting joy against Dave and Moses. 

Willian to keep the shape and have fresh legs in the high press areas. 

If Conte, having worked up close with Michy, doesn't think he has what it takes to play in his system then he is right to select those that he thinks can carry out his instructions and is right not to let Michy's price tag influence his decisions. 

20 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

He didn't play against Wolves because Conte wanted his first choice players not to go 14 days without playing. 

He needed Costa fit and in form. Costa scored in that game after a mini drought giving him the confidence going into today's game. 

He didn't come on today because the subs were about compactness. Matic came on and we went 3-5-2 to pack out the middle of the field. The Zouma game on to stop Swansea fitting high balls to the right of our defence where Llorente was getting joy against Dave and Moses. 

Willian to keep the shape and have fresh legs in the high press areas. 

If Conte, having worked up close with Michy, doesn't think he has what it takes to play in his system then he is right to select those that he thinks can carry out his instructions and is right not to let Michy's price tag influence his decisions. 

Your getting the discussion totally wrong. It's regarding a young player who was brought for 33m last summer and has barely played ALL season. This has been a constant theme all season so it's clear Conte doesn't rate him as a player or like others think he wasn't even a Conte buy which happens plenty of times in football.

It's about what the future holds for Batman. You really think if Conte signed someone for 33m he would not play him. 20 seconds as a Christmas present or not even coming on as a sub half the time.

It's not about you having to defend Costa or Conte. Batman could of easily come on against Wolves, Swansea or the majority of games before. He could of come on for more than his average time of 20 seconds as a sub when he has come on.

The point is it clearly shows Conte doesn't rate him so it's interesting to know whether Batmans future is still at Chelsea. I don't care Conte doesn't rate him as he does work with him.

My personal take is I suspect a a few players, both squad and current first team choices, are not really Conte's preferred player's.

I would not be at all surprised if some players get bumped on in the close season. Some of them big names.

I think its much more likely that Conte isnt happy with what he sees in training as far as exetuting the type of movements Conte wants, every time I see him play, he is literally all over the shop. I dont buy into this "Conte didnt want him". Theres no way we would force someone like that on our new manager. Its much more likely that we didnt get what we thought when we made the purchase.

I think its much more likely that Conte isnt happy with what he sees in training as far as exetuting the type of movements Conte wants, every time I see him play, he is literally all over the shop. I dont buy into this "Conte didnt want him". Theres no way we would force someone like that on our new manager. Its much more likely that we didnt get what we thought when we made the purchase.

Mitchy is a very young guy, obviously he want to spend his career here. He doesn't have the ego of Zlatan! What is he doing wrong in training? Do you believe Mitchy is that type of player Conte will tell him the right thing to do yet Mitchy will completely ignore him?
I don't believe any of that, Mitchy was signed by Emenalo due to his potential and the success we have had with some Belgian players. But when Conte came he wanted to sign his own type of striker and he might not get the money to do that if Costa and Mitchy are on top of there game. Costa has proved himself, Mitchy was doing fine in the beginning of the season when he usually come in about 15 minutes to the end of games. But he lost the confidence completely when Conte started giving him 5 minutes game time in two or three games. It writing was on the wall when he couldn't start as a striker when Costa wasn't available. I love Mitchy, I want him to stay but it will kill his career because Conte will bring a striker with champions league experience next season.

55 minutes ago, wallosh said:

Mitchy is a very young guy, obviously he want to spend his career here. He doesn't have the ego of Zlatan! What is he doing wrong in training? Do you believe Mitchy is that type of player Conte will tell him the right thing to do yet Mitchy will completely ignore him?
I don't believe any of that.

Then why is he all over the shop every time he gets a game? Or minutes? He doesnt make the proper runs, he has no idea how to press and his off the ball positioning is usually awful. It doesnt matter if its intentional or not

8 minutes ago, Xfaxtor said:

Then why is he all over the shop every time he gets a game? Or minutes? He doesnt make the proper runs, he has no idea how to press and his off the ball positioning is usually awful. It doesnt matter if its intentional or not

Not sure how you can tell all that after a few mins. 

16 hours ago, Richard P said:

Antonio obviously doesn't see enough in Training from him, though he never outs him in press conferences. Would be interesting if some one asked a direct question about him.

I think they did, in the presser just before or after we first played the false 9.  He said there were still some areas of his game he needed to improve on.  (Paraphrasing).

He is so gone in the summer. He can't afford to spend one more season on the bench and he isn't good enough to be a starter. Hopefully we'll manage to get back most of what we paid for him.