Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

11 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I don't really get the debate in this thread. If Batshuayi was kicking up a fuss and saying he wanted to leave because he's not playing i could understand but the lad is knuckling down in training and defending his manager on social media. Stick with him til the end of the season at the very least, the lads only just turned 23 and has bags of potential. Laughable seeing people say sell and replace him with Tammy, then they'll be saying the exact same thing next season when Tammy isn't being played. 

I take what I read on here with a big pinch of salt.

It's the FIFA generation sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

Feel so bad for him. I mean, when he starts he scores, he doesn't have any behavior problems in the team, he is always traveling with the team and warming up the bench. 

Costa against Liverpool had a very poor night, I think Conte could give him at least 15-20 minutes to play, who knows maybe he could change the game for us. But giving him 20-30 seconds to play, what for?

I'm not here to criticize Conte, have zero problems against him, but I don't understand the Batshuayi substitution, how those seconds can really do something to the game or help Batshuayi?

If Conte doesn't trust him and doesn't plan to play with him, then we should sell him because he's really talented striker. At the moment, it's impossible to replace the best striker in the league, but there were games he could play and Conte decided to play with false 9 which actually worked very well for us. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/15/2017 at 22:06, Ernie_blue said:

Anyone really think De Bruyne was sh*t after his year in Germany?

I don't think anyone thought he was sh*t after his stint in Germany, but he was pretty piss-poor while he was with us. Maybe had one good half, was dire against the mighty Swindon Town, and wasn't willing to stay and improve to win his place.  He had a good deal of improvement in Germany, and is doing quite well at City, but he still goes missing a lot in some of the big matches.

No-one can give me any clear reason, based on his performances for us, why he would have walked into our first team as a regular starter.  If they can, I'll be happy to apologise.

On 2/14/2017 at 15:15, yorkleyblue said:

I don't think anyone thought he was sh*t after his stint in Germany, but he was pretty piss-poor while he was with us. Maybe had one good half, was dire against the mighty Swindon Town, and wasn't willing to stay and improve to win his place.  He had a good deal of improvement in Germany, and is doing quite well at City, but he still goes missing a lot in some of the big matches.

No-one can give me any clear reason, based on his performances for us, why he would have walked into our first team as a regular starter.  If they can, I'll be happy to apologise.

He was instantly the best crosser of the ball we had and he had the best vision. He showed those during his bad form with us. We already knew if we paid attention to him prior to his sh*t games, that he was also clearly 10x the playmaker Oscar was, and twice the playmaker Hazard was, and so he should have been kept, deployed in the middle, and simply told to play the Ozil role, yet to greater effect than Ozil actually plays it. With Hazard on the left and any striker in the world up top, given genuine patience, he would've stayed and become our joined-best player.

Edited by Katyusha

On 14/02/2017 at 15:15, yorkleyblue said:

He did put in some mediocre performances in a Chelsea shirt but n never really got a real run of games. We bought of for his potential and unlike other youngsters we've bought, he actually had enough quality to play a part in the first team, even if it wasn't as a starter. 

2 hours ago, Katyusha said:

He was instantly the best crosser of the ball we had and he had the best vision. He showed those during his bad form with us. We already knew if we paid attention to him prior to his sh*t games, that he was also clearly 10x the playmaker Oscar was, and twice the playmaker Hazard was, and so he should have been kept, deployed in the middle, and simply told to play the Ozil role, yet to greater effect than Ozil actually plays it. With Hazard on the left and any striker in the world up top, given genuine patience, he would've stayed and become our joined-best player.

Was KDB really given a chance at Chelsea?  I remember his debut where he was good then half his apperances was substitute appearances. Not really enough to judge a player.

As much as I defend Mourinho, one of his faults was taking a dislike to players very easily. Once Mourinho don't like you your generally f****D. 

16 hours ago, Katyusha said:

Oh, where do I start?

"He was instantly the best crosser of the ball we had and he had the best vision." - Total bollocks and revisionist nonsense of the highest order. Give me one, just one, documented example of this when he was playing for us.

"he was also clearly 10x the playmaker Oscar was, and twice the playmaker Hazard was," - Now you are just embarrassing yourself.  A different sort of player to Oscar, but, in his time with us he didn't even show anything to say he was a better playmaker than Mikel, let alone should replace Oscar in his best seasons with us.  10x, FFS.  And then you slip over in your own drool when you get onto Hazard.  Even NOW KDB should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Hazard, he is nowhere near that level and probably never will be.  "Twice the playmaker Hazard was"? - do you even READ your own  posts?

" he should have been kept, deployed in the middle, and simply told to play the Ozil role" - So, an underperforming, flat-track bully, who goes missing in the big games, just like Ozil, should replace Hazard?  

You know what?  I think that no-one could be as stupid as to actually believe that trite bullsh*t you have posted, so I am sure that you are just on a wind-up.  Actually, ARE you @just on a wind-up?  If it is, good one, mate!  You fooled me!

34 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Oh, where do I start?

"He was instantly the best crosser of the ball we had and he had the best vision." - Total bollocks and revisionist nonsense of the highest order. Give me one, just one, documented example of this when he was playing for us.

"he was also clearly 10x the playmaker Oscar was, and twice the playmaker Hazard was," - Now you are just embarrassing yourself.  A different sort of player to Oscar, but, in his time with us he didn't even show anything to say he was a better playmaker than Mikel, let alone should replace Oscar in his best seasons with us.  10x, FFS.  And then you slip over in your own drool when you get onto Hazard.  Even NOW KDB should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Hazard, he is nowhere near that level and probably never will be.  "Twice the playmaker Hazard was"? - do you even READ your own  posts?

" he should have been kept, deployed in the middle, and simply told to play the Ozil role" - So, an underperforming, flat-track bully, who goes missing in the big games, just like Ozil, should replace Hazard?  

You know what?  I think that no-one could be as stupid as to actually believe that trite bullsh*t you have posted, so I am sure that you are just on a wind-up.  Actually, ARE you @just on a wind-up?  If it is, good one, mate!  You fooled me!

Tbf, he was class that pre-season before he twisted his knee. 

Just look at this pass at 1:40, Oscar couldn't even dream of that:

I may be mistaken but i don't think he was suggesting replacing Hazard with him, but more replacing Oscar/Mata

No, what he said was that the Chelsea version of KDB was twice the player that Hazard was and ten times the player that Oscar was in his best season with us, when we all thought Oscar was something greatly special.  Total bollocks.  And other than that pass, when did KDB ever show he deserved a first team place?

21 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

No, what he said was that the Chelsea version of KDB was twice the player that Hazard was and ten times the player that Oscar was in his best season with us, when we all thought Oscar was something greatly special.  Total bollocks.  And other than that pass, when did KDB ever show he deserved a first team place?

No, he said twice the playmaker, which in all honesty he isn't far wrong. Creatively KdB is and was great at picking a pass, something i can never really remember Oscar doing. Having said that Oscar always seemed to offer more in terms of a goal threat and Hazard is Hazard so was never going to be replaced. 

He couldn't really show he deserved a space in the 300 or so minutes he actually played in a Chelsea shirt. 

We'll have to disagree about the Hazard comparison, then.  At the time, I didn't think that KDB was as good a playmaker as Mikel, without the protection of our defence that Mikel provided.

See, my view is that in 300 or so minutes in a Chelsea shirt he showed nothing to indicate that he was a better first team choice than the existing team.  I thought he was quite poor most of the time with dubious decision-making and with very little heart and spirit.

As I said previously, I am more than happy to apologise if anyone can show me ANYTHING from KDB's time at Chelsea that proved he was better than any of the team at that time and justified a starting first team place.

Looking back from now (that's called hindsight) he looks a far better player but is still a lightweight who goes missing in the big games and chokes in crucial moments.  I still wouldn't have him in my Chelsea team over any of our current players.

Edited by yorkleyblue

40 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

We'll have to disagree about the Hazard comparison, then.  At the time, I didn't think that KDB was as good a playmaker as Mikel, without the protection of our defence that Mikel provided.

See, my view is that in 300 or so minutes in a Chelsea shirt he showed nothing to indicate that he was a better first team choice than the existing team.  I thought he was quite poor most of the time with dubious decision-making and with very little heart and spirit.

As I said previously, I am more than happy to apologise if anyone can show me ANYTHING from KDB's time at Chelsea that proved he was better than any of the team at that time and justified a starting first team place.

Looking back from now (that's called hindsight) he looks a far better player but is still a lightweight who goes missing in the big games and chokes in crucial moments.  I still wouldn't have him in my Chelsea team over any of our current players.

He would be more than handy to still have in the squad YB and I would have him ahead of Willian and Pedro if I'm honest.

There is NO question that KDB wasn't given a proper chance. We should never have realesed him and as much as folk can argue that it's easy to say that in hindsight, most of us were saying it at the time. Sure he was inconsistent and a bit flaky but what players aren't? Even Hazard goes missing in games (although I agree, KDB is not in Hazard's class and never likely to be).

But I'm over it now. Think we have a decent squad and with a couple of additions and the right youth players being brought through, things are looking good and we also have the right man at the helm who I am confident will not make the same mistakes as his predecessors.

On 2/16/2017 at 10:20, RIP Mourinho said:

Tbf, he was class that pre-season before he twisted his knee. 

Just look at this pass at 1:40, Oscar couldn't even dream of that:

I may be mistaken but i don't think he was suggesting replacing Hazard with him, but more replacing Oscar/Mata

To be fair, Oscar isn't much of a passer. Or runner. Or shooter. Or dribbler. 

Stop being so harsh ;)