Welcome Emerson Palmieri!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

I know next to nothing about the guy, hopefully he turns out as good as some in the transfer rumours thread say he is.

Same here, Scott. But he looks keen enough. Finally some decent back-up for Alonso. Or even a replacement...

Similar to the posts above, I’ve not really heard much about him but from someone peoples opinion on here he has the potential to be world class.

Welcome to the club, hope he can be a success!

Edit: although is he not another player who is just recently back from a long injury lay off?

Edited by EdinburghBlue

30 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Know next to nothing about him. Hope he's better than current options otherwise it's  pointless 

Not sure he has to be better than current options for this to make sense in my opinion. The fee is pretty small in today's market.

We now have a backup LWB whereas we didn't for the first half of the season so increases the squad depth straight away. Kenedy/Sterling weren't trusted.

A lot of pundits saying he has massive potential too, so let's hope the scouting department have got it right like they did with Azpi/Salah/De Bruyne etc...

Time will tell! It could work out like Baba Rahman, but also could also be another Azpi. But let's all get behind him and give the lad a chance...

10 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

I feel it's a missed opportunity that we didn't make a cringey annoucment video.
I won't be happy till I've seen Emerson play a piano rendition of "I'm Blue Dabadeedabadie"

There's one on twitter 

His dribbling and ball control looks excellent for a LB - actually very excited about this signing. However, I'd rather have strengthened the right side though, since MA has been one of our best performers unlike Zappa and Moses.