FA in talks with Roy Hodgson over England role

FA wants talks with Roy Hodgson over England role

West Brom have granted permission for the Football Association to speak to Roy Hodgson about the vacant England manager's position, the FA has confirmed.

Share this story

AHAHAHAHAHAHarry...oh wait-

Edited by Zeta Orionis

To be honest, Roy Hodgson might be the best manger for England. His best work is done with less-talented teams who accept the disciplined play he preaches.

Well, England is not a talented team. How many England players could get a job with Spain or Germany or even Brazil?

Perhaps a rigidly disciplined style of play might bring the kind of success that has eluded this perennially-overrated team?

I think Roy really wants the job. That is probably why they are discussing it. He is not a bad manager and I think he can do a decent job. He almost(one goal away) dragged my country Finland to Euro's few years back and that has been the best effort in our sad footballing history. We also conceded the least goals by any country..and probably scored the least as we didn't make it.

The job is one of the worst in terms of the press in football so you really have to know what you are doing if you take it. It has been downhill for almost every manager after they have left that job. Roy is old enough so he can risk his future if it doesn't work out.

He's not a bad mamager, he's done well with a variety of different clubs at different levels. Whereas Redknapp's biggest achievemtne was winning 1 FA cup and financially ruining about 2 clubs (make it 3 soon please!)

I actually dont think this is such a bad thing, theres a good chance this is the right man in the right place in a similar way Robbie is currently for us. Hodgson has plenty of international experience, plenty or European experience, and will piss the scousers off. Frankly I would prefer him to that tactically inept spud any day of the week.

Good luck to him.

The bar is set pretty low for England managers after Capello, McClaren and Sven, so really he can't do that much worse.

If he gets them organised, shafts Glen Johnson, and cans this silly idea that Rooney can't play up front alone then England can make a decent run into the semi finals I reckon.

Edited by Spiller86