Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

abramovich

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

So basically they get him for free and we will no doubt still pay a large part of his wages.

What a f**king calamity this signing has been from day one.

At least he's hopefully gone for good now and we won't see him recalled at any point.

Read this on Sky Sports

The Milan Channel - AC Milan's official television station - is reporting tonight that Fernando Torres will arrive in Italy on Saturday morning to undergo a medical with the Rossoneri. It's claimed that the 30-year-old has agreed to the transfer, and has waived a payout he was owed by Chelsea in order to push it through.

Thank God he's gone ... full stop ... he's been exceptionally well rewarded and to say the Club bent over backwards to accommodate him would be the understatement of the year ... for very little return ...

Edited by cfcblue

What a f**king calamity this signing has been from day one.

That pretty much sums it up and is all that needs to be said.

I'll wish him the best of luck in Milan (who need their heads checking) but it's good to have the dark cloud lifted. It stopped being a tragedy sometime ago and ended up being a farce.

Not if Van Ginkel goes on loan to Milan aswell

I don't see us buying a HG striker. Tells me we will buy a striker and still allow another HG player go.

yeah- if that was the case we'd have held on to Bamford. Van Ginkel turned down Milan I think but something has to happen over the weekend

This was all about cutting losses as best we could. We were never going to make any kind of profit here. Even if we're still paying a portion of his wages, it's better than paying all of them. A loan deal may actually mean Milan are paying a bigger share.

Oh well, farewell Nando and good luck at Milan. It's fair to say you will never be forgotten at the Bridge!

Wow - can't believe it is finally over.  I can't believe he played more games for us than Liverpool as well.  Unreal.

Thanks for your effort Nando - thanks for your European performances for us, and good luck with the future.

Now - where the heck do we go from here.  After a summer of great value signings, we've set ourselves up to be held at ransom now.