Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

abramovich

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

For £8 million, if he stays at the same level he was for Newcastle, 14 goals in 26 apps he will be an absolute steal. Him or Bony backing up Costa is exactly what we need both will lead the line and score 15 goals a season in this team. Add to that Costas 25 ish goals this season and 5-10 from Didier it's a massive improvement on last year. Cannot wait. As long as we are able to replace Torres this is by far and away the best transfer window I think we've ever had... Scratch that I can't think of a better transfer window for any team ever.

Graeme Bailey reporting it as well, don't know how reliable he is but as shotgun said, if Remy can match his level for Newcastle, he would be a steal for under 10 million.

Chelsea look to have rekindled their interest in Loic Remy as they aim to replace Fernando Torres. No surprise and QPR were expecting it.

Graeme Bailey reporting it as well, don't know how reliable he is but as shotgun said, if Remy can match his level for Newcastle, he would be a steal for under 10 million.

3015336d12e3c333a4926fcbe24e2a67_normal.Graeme Bailey @GraemeBaileyFollow

Chelsea look to have rekindled their interest in Loic Remy as they aim to replace Fernando Torres. No surprise and QPR were expecting it.

Please be true, I reckon he'd come aswell

I think some of the rhetoric on this thread is far too much but we are all have our opinions.....

I am glad he has gone but we shouldn't forget he had some good moments too and played his part in 3 major trophies

I think it testiment to him and the club in modern times to stick to their guns and give it their best shot.

Good luck Nando and thanks for your contribution to The Might Blues

Whatever is part of this mess, I do not even want to know or wish to know.

This man did so much harm, it is not even funny. Coaches were fired, players left, mainly because of him.

I bid him well, but...

Must be nice to be so sure of yourself. Torres's Chelsea career failed to live up to expectations. Nobody can deny that.

I was going to write something a little more sensible, not in defence of Torres, but an attempt to bring a touch of reality to a situation that has caused so much friction on this site. But f**k it, 541 pages in and I can't be bothered.

It's all been said, again and again and again, ad nauseum. People such as yourself need a scapegoat. This isn't a dig at you - it's a normal human tendency to look for someone to blame. If you want to believe that Torres is either solely or primarily responsible for everything that's gone wrong at he club since we signed him, then that's your prerogative.

Like I said, it's not a dig, it's nothing personal, merely an observation. Mikel is another one who served his time in the scapegoat stakes. With Mikel looking less likely to be a regular starter, I can't help wondering who'll be the next whipping boy - and if anyone is thinking of turning this round, telling me I'm a Mikel apologist or a Torres apologist, or any other kind of apologist, then do me a favour, save your breath, save your time and everyone else's.

But maybe,, at some time in the not too distant future, someone (or even several someone's) might just stop and ask themselves why they feel such extreme hostility towards any particular Chelsea player, and - a bit of a long shot here, but you never know - they might eventually come to realise that this hostility is more a reflection of some quality (or lack thereof) within themselves than of the failure to live up to expectations on the part of some overpaid, overhyped, underperforming footballer or other.

Just going to point something out here. I don't think Sturridge (if thats who some are referring to) left because of Torres. We couldn't guarentee him a starting place week in, week out. Liverpool could and he only had 6 months left on his contract so he would of left for free if he hadn't of been sold.

You know what? Some people really aren't going to like this and I may get a bit of stick but just stop for a minute and imagine the pressure this guy has been under for nearly 4 years. He came with a £50 million price tag from one of our arch rivals and didn't get off to the best start. From that point the media, etc were all on his back and every game that went by was an added layer of pressure. 

Of course. His Chelsea career hasn't lived up to expectations but some of this is being blown out of proportion.