• Mertrand
    • Ba
    • Mata
    • Hazard
    • Torres
    • Terry
    • Ferreira

Hazard easily, but don't tell Nibs.

He was outstanding today, and that's before we talk about the goal.

Lampard and Ramires had good games but the star of the show was Hazard.

He was behind all our good moves, he was continually fouled, the opposition full-back couldn't live with him, some delightful touches and skill, and strength.

Not quite back to the player that took the Prem by storm in the early days, but this was very encouraging.

Lampard easily for me.  Showed the drive to win that throw in during the first half, which I doubt anyone else would of, which directly led to the goal half a minute later.

I'm not sure which Hazard I was watching, but I thought he was pretty poor during the first half, and wasn't getting lucky with misplaced passes being the catalyst for Stoke counter attacks.  Cracking goal though.

Hazard for me too.  I said it in match chat, but a lot of people talk about him diving?  He is a gritty wee player that actually tries to stay on his feet, but is constantly fouled.  

I also stated that he will develop into a great player.  He's still young, in a new league, and the club he moved to is in a circus sh*t storm right now.  He'll develop into a great player, and I think we may have a hard time keeping him in the future.

Talking about keeping a player....we simply HAVE to give Frank a new contract, even if it is a rolling 1 year deal.  He is my favourite ever Chelsea player and I would be gutted to see him finish his career in any other strip than a Chelsea one.

Scott

torn between hazard and lampard.

the thing that impressed me most bout hazard today, was the fact he got kicked all over the park, but he just pulled his socks up and kept going, didnt receive any treatment.

I think hes starting to really find his feet in england tbh. some of his play the last month or so has been world class.

mata really looks like he use a rest, wasnt bad but is looking tired.

but il go hazard for that screamer and the fact lamps missed a couple of chances.

some of lampards passes today were as good as any ive ever seen from any player in the world, including pirlo, xavi or iniesta.

please give that man another year, hes still got loads in the tank.

Thought Luiz had a great game, personally (and I know I'm in the minority here) I still see him as a centre back.

But Hazard sneaks it over him , and Frank.

We are a different team when we play with a centre forward.

I thought luiz and ivanovic were both very good today. ashley cole too.

lamps was also good but I have to give it to hazard. what a player he is.

his final pass was below his usual standard today, but what was impressive was the way he took the game to stoke. despite getting kicked all over the shop he kept coming back- it's what ronaldo had and what robben and reyes didn't. he showed great courage and it is another indicator of what a special player he is / will be.

I'm not doing the whole praising the players stuff yet, i will just say we played well today and leave it at that. Until we see some damn consistency at least.

If the players can turn around that second leg against Swansea i will praise them, but for now a well done is all they get. We have been let down too many times this season, they have a lot to make up for.

Lampard had a very good game today, but I'm gonna have to give it to Hazard.

As people have said he was kicked all day long, but he just got up and got on with.

A lot of people say how his form has dropped from the early days, but he's only been playing football in this country for 5 months, I'm personally very happy with his overall contribution in this short time. A top player!

Tempted to say Ivan as well. After those two mistakes against Swansea he could of easily stayed anonymous, but he bossed the defence all game. Great player. Luiz was really good today. Mata was a bit off today, but hey, how often do we say that?  

Archived