United or Spurs?

mickyg

I've been battling with this issue all weekend, I hate both teams, probably more so United, and never once before have I wished United to win a game.

I guess it comes down to whether you've given up on the title or not, if so then a United win is the best option, otherwise obviously we need Spurs to win.

A draw isn't really a great result, i'd rather one of them get thrashed and it sets off a poor run of form for one of them.

I'm not sure if i've given up on the title yet, 10 points and it's still January, it's definitely do-able, but to have both them and City slip up seems very, very unlikely. Dunno, I loathe the thought of conceding the title to bacon face, I can't f**king stand seeing him happy. Gonna have to go back and watch his face on the last day of last season when he heard City had pulled it back.

I've been battling with this issue all weekend, I hate both teams, probably more so United, and never once before have I wished United to win a game.

I guess it comes down to whether you've given up on the title or not, if so then a United win is the best option, otherwise obviously we need Spurs to win.

A draw isn't really a great result, i'd rather one of them get thrashed and it sets off a poor run of form for one of them.

I'm not sure if i've given up on the title yet, 10 points and it's still January, it's definitely do-able, but to have both them and City slip up seems very, very unlikely. Dunno, I loathe the thought of conceding the title to bacon face, I can't f**king stand seeing him happy. Gonna have to go back and watch his face on the last day of last season when he heard City had pulled it back.

I'm right with you about red nose!

Apart from the fact that it's against my religion to want Tottenham to do well under any circumstances whatsoever, realistically the title is long gone, and so for purely practical reasons we have to hope for a Tottenham defeat (sounds better that way) in order to further our ambitions of finishing in a Champions League spot.

Both teams lose, bales and rvps legs off after catching leprosy, avbs voice to go so deep and gruff it causes a rift in space and time that drags him back to the time of dinosaurs. Fergies nose to go so red rudolph gets jealous and stamps him to death.

Winning the title is unlikely, especially with how much RVP is saving Man Utd's ass. I think 2nd place would be an ideal spot. Man City aren't exactly conquerors at the minute and I can see them dropping a lot of points before the season is over. Saying that, I think Man U will also drop points. To be honest, I'm surprised Spurs are doing as well as they are, but I think that their nice run will be over soon. We just have to keep up winning and try not to lose many points and I think we can make at least 2nd place.  

We were never going to win the title this season, Top 4 was our priority so I would obviously want to keep Spurs as far away as possible. If that means a United win then so be it.

I don't think we have a chance to win the league and if it's between United and City I'd like United to win it. If they also can beat some of the teams who are chasing us, then all the better.

I'm cheering for United today.

United are well out of touch with us, Spurs are breathing down our necks for third. I'll have a United win and put some good distance between us, Spurs and the Gooners.

United for me keep the y*ds of our back

I guess if united wins today both Arsenal and Spurs would have lost points and we gained 3.. I'll have to hope Van Persie United trashes spurs.

Has to be a Manure win. We're out of the title race and 3rd/ 4th is what matters now.

Apart from the fact that it's against my religion to want Tottenham to do well under any circumstances whatsoever, realistically the title is long gone, and so for purely practical reasons we have to hope for a Tottenham defeat (sounds better that way) in order to further our ambitions of finishing in a Champions League spot.

No chance of a league title so a United win is preferable.

Yep, we can't win the title, but we can always laugh at Spurs, as long as they stay behind us.

I'm with these guys :biggrin:

I really want to watch this game but I still don't know who I want to win, you're all probably right saying the title is beyond us, but the thought of being happy at rednose and Van Persie celebrating makes me physically ill.

Archived