Ian Wright...dreadful, biased commentator

mad_mac

Just sent this to Fox Sports about subjecting us to having to listen to Ian Wright commentate:

"Please never subject us to having to listen to Ian Wright commentate again.  His "street slang" and constant "speculation" about why Rio Ferdinand isn't featuring in the national team are nauseating, and merely fuel the fires among those typical of reading the publications such as the Sun.

Comparing Kagawa to Ji Sung Park, what was that based on?  The fact that they are both Asian; despite one being Korean and one Japanese?  Or is Ian Wright suggesting that all Asian's look alike and therefore play alike?  Call this speculation on my part if you wish, but it's no less valid than Wright's constant :ITK" speculation about Rio.

Finally, we know that Ian Wright played for Arsenal; however, do we have to hear about it?  And then for him to say that Chelsea were looking likely to fall out of the top 4 as they were a "club in turmoil" and he hopes "his Arsenal are there to pick up the pieces!"  That is shocking.  Arsenal aren't even playing today, and it's an FA Cup game, not a League game"

he has actually called Chelsea fans "embarrassing" on several occasions, and hopes that Chelsea win just to shut the embarrassing fans up.

He also said that "he's a CL winning manager, and the interim role really is a demeaning job!"

I guess he doesn't get it, does he.  

It's a shame really, Ian Wright used to be quite good fun, showed a bit of passion in his punditry.

He's a miserable sod these days.

Good fun?

What do you base that on?

Surely to be on the media you should have some degree of articulacy? He is just plain thick. He also hates Chelsea since SWP failed to make the grade with us.

Used to love Ian Wright when he was a player - his banter with Chelsea fans was top notch and good humored! 

I listened to him in the first half today and then to UK commentary in 2nd half - there was a massive difference but then there was also a massive difference in the match so hard to tell if it was just him! But all the points you made above are true and annoyed me too.

It's a shame really, Ian Wright used to be quite good fun, showed a bit of passion in his punditry.

He's a miserable sod these days.

& he thinks Howard from the Halifax specs are classy. 

Scott, well said. And I hope they sit up and take notice. The way he was going on, trying to "tell it like it is" but holding back at other times was pathetic. For how much respect he feels BEnitez deserves, apparrently Hodgson deserves none because he wouldnt shut up about him. Had no idea about the subtle racism of Park vs. Kagawa, but its so obvious they are not the same kind of player. 

I actually found many of his comments astute in the early going, and said so several times. But then he started. The Rio thing (he's old, slow, and full of himself, f**k you "Wrighty"), going after our fans, talking nonsense about Arsenal, asking why Torres wasnt being thrown out there since he had given Ferdinand a rough time in the past (5 f**king years ago) but those were the same points he hit over and over again. He couldnt let go of anything, total asshole.

It's not football related, but I remember seeing him on one of them shows where he went to live with a tribe in Africa. He kept talking about Africa being his homeland, how his ancestors lived etc, then he gets there and he constantly whined like a little bitch because things were not to his liking. He didn't want to eat certain things, go certain areas, he was acting like a total moron in front of the tribes people. I can't stand so called "celebs" who take part in programmes like this, then whine and moan because things aren't how they thought they would be. 

Ian Wright = D.I.C.K 

Good fun?

What do you base that on?

Surely to be on the media you should have some degree of articulacy? He is just plain thick. He also hates Chelsea since SWP failed to make the grade with us.

I was more thinking back to the player and, wait for it - talk show host of the 90's, he's a right miserable tosser these days, never

smiles.

he's a confused, desperately strange f**king arsehole and deserves to be shat on. His pre match comments before the Brentford replay were so f**king weird, saying that "today I'm a chelsea fan, I fancy chelsea to win". Here's a suggestion Ian: Go f**k yourself.

An erratic oddball with a tendency to talk f**king sh*te. Inevitably going to end up being diagnosed with depression, the f**ker looks like broken mess. And don't get me started on his "fashion" and his dogsh*t clothes shop. The c**t dresses like he's robbed TK Maxx during a f**king blackout.

Go and suck a sh*t through a dirty sock Ian you total c**t.

Todays bit in the Shun is a follow on joke about the pathetic excuse for a being calledWio, his call for wio to be in next England team seems alarmingly chummy, and his take on wios spat with Torres, "His shove on Torres, still shows he has fire in his belly", more like taking a Judas cheap shot, and a snivelling coward...

Todays bit in the Shun is a follow on joke about the pathetic excuse for a being calledWio, his call for wio to be in next England team seems alarmingly chummy, and his take on wios spat with Torres, "His shove on Torres, still shows he has fire in his belly", more like taking a Judas cheap shot, and a snivelling coward...

Joey Barton has plenty of fire in his belly but that doesn't mean he should be playing for England as well.

Ian Wright needs to just do everyone a favour and shut up. 

He's like a lot of ex-pro's from the 90's, he missed the post Bosman gravy train and turned into a miserable git, compare his co commentary to that of a Gary Neville, an ex pro that did play in the post Bosman era, and made an absolute packet, he's one happy bunny.

Archived