Rio Ferdinand

Lofty.

Just want to stick up for Woy on this one(and putting aside my personal thoughts about the obnoxious c*nt Rio). I think that Rio was playing gash when he was dropped and now genuine up turn in form

If Rio don't want it then f*** him plenty other defenders out there.

And surprise surprise, stan collymore feels terry is to blame for it all. Strangely he hasnt mentioned ferdinand being done by the fa for using a racist insult yet.

What a surprise, another United player getting "injured" and being unable to play international football. This couldn't have anything to do with having 2 games in 3 days (one being against us) after the break could it?

And surprise surprise, stan collymore feels terry is to blame for it all. Strangely he hasnt mentioned ferdinand being done by the fa for using a racist insult yet.

This is why i didn't continue listening to TalkSport earlier on, i knew that when everyone got on Ferdinands back that dick Collymore would stick up for him. I don't care what anyone says if he was white he wouldn't be sticking up for him.

This is why i didn't continue listening to TalkSport earlier on, i knew that when everyone got on Ferdinands back that dick Collymore would stick. up for him. I don't care what anyone says if he was white he wouldn't be sticking up for him.

I agree Scott

A thread called "Rio Ferdinand: What a c**t" is on it's 7th page and I haven't contributed at all!

Really need to get out of the general forum more often.

That chavvy c**t will do anything for a bit of attention, but always ends up looking like the victim (to the press). c**t.

Good piece by Martin Samuel:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2295449/Rio-Ferdinand-pulls-England-squad--Martin-Samuel.html

Roy Hodgson named his England squad at 3pm on Thursday. Even if Ferdinand had no inkling he might be included, which seems unlikely given that there had been talk of little else in the build-up to the announcement, he could at that point have contacted the Football Association and revealed his personal and physical conflict.

Instead, Ferdinand let it slide. Through Friday, when Hodgson left a lengthy message for him without getting a reply. Then on Saturday, when Sir Alex Ferguson falsely announced that Ferdinand would be joining up with England, again without mention of complications caused by his intricate, pre-planned programme. 

It was not until Sunday night, in fact, that Ferdinand saw fit to inform Hodgson he would not, after all, be available for the matches against San Marino and Montenegro. His intricate, pre-planned programme would not allow it.

Ferdinand says he wants to be considered by England in the future but what will his intricate,  pre-planned programme make of the friendly against the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday, May 29,  followed by a 12-hour flight to Rio de Janeiro and another game on the Sunday? 

The final four qualifiers after the visit to Montenegro are also played as two sets of back-to-back fixtures, including a last pairing with Montenegro and Poland at home. Suppose six points are required.How can Hodgson select a player who may or may not hold up to the test, who may wish to perm one from two or withdraw at short notice citing the mysteries of modern medical science?

Perhaps, when it is next time to pick an England squad, Ferdinand may discover Hodgson has an intricate, pre-planned programme of his own. And, this time, nobody will ask further questions or blame the England manager in the slightest.

Just read (Daily Mail) that, after pulling out of the England squad to care for a bad back, Ferdinand is flying (a 15 hour round trip) to Qatar to be a pundit on Al-Jazeera for tomorrow's match. Bad back??

This after he said he couldn't play so as not to "...jeopardise his treatment..." is really taking the p***.

Just read (Daily Mail) that, after pulling out of the England squad to care for a bad back, Ferdinand is flying (a 15 hour round trip) to Qatar to be a pundit on Al-Jazeera for tomorrow's match. Bad back??

This after he said he couldn't play so as not to "...jeopardise his treatment..." is really taking the p***.

Oh God, what a dilemma!! Do we believe the Daily Mail or do we believe Ferdinand?  

Oh God, what a dilemma!! Do we believe the Daily Mail or do we believe Ferdinand?

It's a real poser... :-)

Good quote from the Mail:

"The Ferdinand camp say...he'll have the sun on his back while he rests up..." !

Edited by Thfc

Rio has defended the decision to be a pundit, taken from the BBC:

No different from what I did in the last 10 day international break...thank you guys," Ferdinand wrote on Twitter. 

Ferdinand, who has 81 caps, has attracted criticism for his decision to fly to Doha to be part of Al Jazeera's broadcast of the game.

"Haters are gonna hate...also assume everything...although it must be the gospel truth based on assumptions," Ferdinand added.
"I've flown out for some pre-planned downtime...with a bit of punditry thrown in for a game I would have watched anyway."

Has anyone seen Rf 'pundit'?

I haven't. I'm guessing he's not very insightful, or even interesting...

Well he came across a right pillock in that Beedle's About style prank "show" he did with his football buddies so I don't imagine his punditry is any better.

It's actually quite rare for any pundits, to me, to give any insightful coverage, especially when they are only on the air for such a short period of time.

That said, the poor ones certainly outweigh the decent ones and seeing as Al Jazeera are the broadcaster in question I think that tells you everything you would need to know about the insight-fullness of The Lip.