Chelsea v West Ham (PL) 17/03/13 KO:16:00 GMT

Couldn't see a match thread for this weekend game, so here it is.

Coming off the back of two good performances we need to maintain our form to ensure a top 4 finish and to keep the pressure on Spurs.

I will be interested to see Benetiz team selection for this one following a very strong line up midweek. 

Will he stick with Torres following his winning goal or do you expect to see Ba bought into the side?

Will Frank Lampard get his 200th Chelsea goal against his former club?

I would still go with Ba, Torres can't score one goal and just expect to be in the first team again.

I don't expect Mata to be rested and i feel that would be the right move, he is unlikely to play for Spain much anyway so resting him would be pointless.

I think Ivanovic will come back in for Azpilicueta and Cahill will come in for JT, personally i wouldn't do this because i think both Cahill and Ivanovic's form is really poor.

Lampard will come back in for either Ramires or Mikel and score his 200th goal.

This is the team i would prefer him to put out :

Cech

Azpilicueta

Cole

Ivanovic

Terry

Luiz

Ramires

Lampard

Hazard

Mata

Ba

Oscar has played all of the last 3 games so i would bench him for this one.

On the other side of the coin Scott,Nando will still need continuity.....To drop his straight after finally scoring would put him back to square one ( imo ).....I think he should start Torres and then get on BA in the second half to issue the coup de gras......This will be a tough match as west ham can play.....I expect no less than 3 points in a nailbiting scenario on the pitch and .......

Really hope Torres starts - that was the best he's played by months (I'd go as far as to say it's the only time he hasn't been awful in the past few months) and as others have said, a bit of continuity would do him some good. It's not like Ba has set the world alight since joining us either...

Half wishful thinking in respect to Luiz, half not in that there's no JT, but I believe we'll see....

Cech

Azpi Ivanovic Cahill Cole

Luiz Lampard

Moses Mata Hazard

Ba

Subs:

Mikel for Luiz

Benayoun for Mata

Marin (!) for Hazard

3-0 Chelsea!

Lamps pk

Ivanovic header

Ba back on the score sheet!

Need all 3.... time for a complete performance before the break...

There is every likelyhood Benitez will start with Torres because he doesn't know what he is doing. From the top six teams us and Le Arse have the worst points total from the previous 10 EPL matches.

Be interesting if he does start him. It will be a tougher game to win starting with 10 men. 

There is every likelyhood Benitez will start with Torres because he doesn't know what he is doing. From the top six teams us and Le Arse have the worst points total from the previous 10 EPL matches.

Be interesting if he does start him. It will be a tougher game to win starting with 10 men. 

Given the guy has a broken nose I don't think he'll start - surely not even fsw is that stupid - is he?

or maybe ba in for oscar who needs a game out. 

I don't get this about players needing games out. Ronaldo and Messi, arguably the best two players on the planet seldom ever miss a game (and yes they play as many games as English clubs do in total). For me it's like asking a marathon runner to stop running for 10 minutes - trying to get going at the same pace and focus after that break is nigh on impossible.

I'd like to see..

Cech

Dave, Cahill Terry, Cole

Lamps, Luiz
    Moses, Mata, Hazard
                 Ba       

Even though he was good in the week, Torres hasn't really done enough to start imo, Ba should start and if he doesn't perform bring Torres on.

I prefer Luiz in the holding mid, he can defend, and gives us momentum going forward.

We seem to be playing with some fluidity and balance now in the team & all of a sudden everyone wants Lamps back in the team. With all due respect but at whose expense; Ramires?

Lamps & Mikel won't work, and Ramires & Lamps lacks balance because Lamps will be making those late runs and Ramires likes to get forward also. Unless we are insinuating getting Luiz back in midfield, the only place I will be fitting Lamps in the team is as an alternative to Mata (& no chance).

We seem to be playing with some fluidity and balance now in the team & all of a sudden everyone wants Lamps back in the team. With all due respect but at whose expense; Ramires?

Lamps & Mikel won't work, and Ramires & Lamps lacks balance because Lamps will be making those late runs and Ramires likes to get forward also. Unless we are insinuating getting Luiz back in midfield, the only place I will be fitting Lamps in the team is as an alternative to Mata (& no chance).

I would drop Mikel, put Luiz in midfield alongside Ramires and put Lamps in place of Oscar who i think needs a game off.

I don't get this about players needing games out. Ronaldo and Messi, arguably the best two players on the planet seldom ever miss a game (and yes they play as many games as English clubs do in total). For me it's like asking a marathon runner to stop running for 10 minutes - trying to get going at the same pace and focus after that break is nigh on impossible.

You only have to look at examples like mata earlier in the season. He started poorly and got a 3 week break then came back on fire! Anyway I wasn't saying oscar needs a game out because he needs a rest I was saying it because his form has dipped in the past few games and replacing him with moses or an extra striker is what is needed in a game like this.

http://worldfootballacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/WFA_Study-on-recovery-days.pdf

Archived