Most improved player this season

ws6blue

So, who has improved?

Not Oscar, or Eden, or juan, or Ryan etc etc......cesar has Been great but only 1 season...no one springs to mind - not Rambo?

Yes it has to ne David luiz......no doubt at all. Not only has he Improved at cntre back, but he can also be a really good holding midfielder, and he scores vital goals like last night

And, he won't take crapmfrom a player like degan did last night

He can head, and shoot and pass short and long, and to feet, and he is committed and passionate

Blooming brilliant - best since le boeuf in that role

Hard to argue

Definitely Luiz imo. He's improved in every aspect and has shown himself to be a good centre mid as well. He's turned into an awesome all round passer. Not only that but he's got proper leadership abilities. He's the best man to take over from Terry in that regard. 

Azpi's also got better as the season's gone on. Started solid, got better all round. 

Hazard's definitely improved and Mata was good already but found another gear.

Hazard or Lukaku next season. 

Although not the most improved overall, I would just like to Bertrand a shout out. Looked very dependable in Cole's recent absence and to me offers more than him going forward.

Yeah fair play to Ryan massive pressure on him to replace cole. It ain't easy for him.

Although not the most improved overall, I would just like to Bertrand a shout out. Looked very dependable in Cole's recent absence and to me offers more than him going forward.

I agree with everything there apart from the last comment, Ash is still miles ahead of Ryan in that regard, making those surging runs on the outside even if it's just to free up space for Hazard / Mata / Oscar is something that Cole does near enough every time, whereas Ryan does it too late or not at all. Obviously it's a case of just playing with the side and getting used to it all but I still feel Ash has got a lot more going forward. 

Overall most improved player? Agree with everyone that has said Luiz, less likely to make the rash decisions and has played very well both in defence and in midfield this year...plus an absolute hero who's ridiculous passionate, if he keeps his head (see the challenge against Basel in mid week) and continues to mature, I can't see anyone else being the Captain after JT.

Mata improved even more this season, he's at the level where he's one of the best players in the premiership.

Players that have got worse the winner is Ramires. Special shout out to Mikel who has done his best to get worse, unfortunately for him it wasn't possible.

Players who have improved since last season:

- Luiz

- Mata

- Bertrand

- Torres (But not by much)

- Sturridge  :mad:

Players who have got worse since last season:

- Ivanovic

- Terry

- Ramires

- Mikel (Gets worse every season)

Archived