Who will eventually fill super Franks boots?

c3blu2

Everyone is pleased that Super Frank has signed his new deal, its been a great few weeks for Frank what with the new deal, the goal scoring record and lifting the UEFA Cup to complete his set of having won every major trophy available to him in his brilliant Chelsea career.

I do believe this will be his last season, he has his wish to stay in England with us and try and make the world cup squad and then he can pick wherever he wants to take his pension with all our heart felt best wishes. But then comes the real problem.....who can fill those considerable boots of his?

The thing with Frank is and its what makes his goal scoring record even more impressive is that he is a the complete midfielder, he's not an out and out attacking midfielder. He's not a luxury player, he's a box to box midfielder who as well as being a goal threat from both inside and outside the box is just as likely to be throwing himself into a tackle or block defending his own goal. You wont find Frank with his hands on his hips waiting for the team to win back possession so he can go on another attack like you would say Modric.

There are very few players in the game like him, he works hard for the team creates plenty for others and scores goals. There is talk of Modric coming with JM to eventually take over from Frank but i dont think there anywhere near the same player, Modric is good with the ball but offers little without it.

If it was me and there are rumors that he is available i would like us to try and get Fabragas. I think he could link up play nicely with the 3 amigos, he used to the short quick passing game from his days at Arsenal and Barcelona. He is used to the physical side of the game in the premier league midfield area. He can put himself about when needed and he can score goals. I know UTD are supposed to be sniffing round him as well so it would be a real coup for the club if they could scupper that deal, strengthen our team and stop them strengthening theirs.

Nobody will ever replace Frank, but finding someone who can come close to giving you the all round game he offers the team will be one of the clubs toughest challenges and at 26 i think Fabragas is the stand out candidate.

It's downright impossible for Frank to be replaced with somebody who can reach his heights, though KDB looks the most likely candidate at this stage to take over his role in midfield.

Edit: Fabregas? No thanks!

Edited by Amputechture

I would love Fabregas at Chelsea. There is not a better deep lying playmaker in world football IMO. He is being misused at Barca. FFS people would accept Rooney! 

When it comes to Lampard's heir apparent, I say look no further than JUAN MATA!!

Edited by ilovechelseafc

Lampard of 3 years ago ? Hard to fill his boots I think. 

Lampard of today ? Any average midfielder can fill his boots. 

18 goals this season at 34 years old, playing deeper than he used to so out of natural position, and injured for a large part of the season. 'Average'.

Edited by omnidroid70

18 goals this season at 34 years old, playing deeper than he used to so in theory out of position, and injured for a large part of the season. 'Average'.

What have you done for me lately?

Oh, scored 18 goals? Carry on then.

Lampard of 3 years ago ? Hard to fill his boots I think. 

Lampard of today ? Any average midfielder can fill his boots. 

30atnkp.jpg

Edited by Zeta Orionis

To be totally honest i dont watch enough Belgium or German football to have an opinion of KDB. I aint one to watch Youtube clips. Oscar is a great shout and i believe in 4-5 years he has the potential to be running games from the middle of the park i just dont think that he's ready just yet to be the centre point of a 65 game season chasing 4 trophies. Dont forget in 5yrs time he will be 26....Fabragas's age now. Like i said Modric for me is more of a luxury player and not a box-box midfielder like Frank.

If you mean will we ever have another midfielder that will score over 200 goals for us then no i dont think we will see that again in my life time. Of course its possible. Who would have thought Frank would do it when we bought him from West Ham.

Frank as a player and role model can not be replaced BUT i think the team will adapt when he does leave.