All the bad stuff that's thrown at this club, we still fight through it! We deserve much more good luck. Do you agree?

enigma

Hopefully, Jose coming back is the start of great things again. No matter how much sh** this club goes through, we still have the ability to win trophies and fight back from adversity. The great things and "luck" we've had is well and truly deserved, do you agree? 

Edit: Not to mention that we have been the most despised club in England (and possibly Europe) for the last few years doesn't help either. 

Edited by enigma

i Don't believe in luck.

People talk about us being lucky in the Champions league. Ummm no there was nothing lucky about it, the fact of the matter is barcelona and Bayern munich were not clinical in front of goal. They had chanced to score and missed, not our problem and all their fault. It not lucky that they missed its goddamn Poor finishing. The goals from ramires and drogba were far from easy chances and IMO proves that we won the Champions league because we were clinical in front of goal. Our opponents on the other hand were not. At the end of the day the name of the game is getting the ball in the back of the net.

Nevermind the fact they MISSED penaltys, again poor penalty taking, not luck

Bet you any money super frank wouldn't have bottled it either.

i Don't believe in luck.

People talk about us being lucky in the Champions league. Ummm no there was nothing lucky about it, the fact of the matter is barcelona and Bayern munich were not clinical in front of goal. They had chanced to score and missed, not our problem and all their fault. It not lucky that they missed its goddamn Poor finishing. The goals from ramires and drogba were far from easy chances and IMO proves that we won the Champions league because we were clinical in front of goal. Our opponents on the other hand were not. At the end of the day the name of the game is getting the ball in the back of the net.

Nevermind the fact they MISSED penaltys, again poor penalty taking, not luck

Bet you any money super frank wouldn't have bottled it either.

Totally agree - there's a phrase "there's no such thing as bad luck, only bad judgement" which can be changed in football to something like "there's no such thing as bad luck, only poor technique/ability (or whatever)".  Bad luck would only be a perfect shot hitting a pigeon flying by or something similar (or maybe an opponent's shot being deflected into the goal by a beach ball thrown on the pitch by one of your fans, eh Liverpool?  Naa that's karma!)

I disagree. I think we're treated no worse than most clubs by the media, and the club brings most of the bad stuff on itself.

Well i can't agree with that. Whenever we win anything the media always go for the negative points. Just look at what they said when we won the Europa league, all they wanted to go on about was John Terry lifting the trophy which wasn't even a big deal, and when we won the Champions League they went with the Chelsea were lucky story. Or how about when we won the league under Mourinho, we get called the most boring league winners ever. Do you ever see the media say that United's team this season is possibly the worst side to ever win a Premier League ? no, because in their eyes United can do no wrong and Chelsea can do no right.

Well i can't agree with that. Whenever we win anything the media always go for the negative points. Just look at what they said when we won the Europa league, all they wanted to go on about was John Terry lifting the trophy which wasn't even a big deal, and when we won the Champions League they went with the Chelsea were lucky story. Or how about when we won the league under Mourinho, we get called the most boring league winners ever. Do you ever see the media say that United's team this season is possibly the worst side to ever win a Premier League ? no, because in their eyes United can do no wrong and Chelsea can do no right.

Not to mention the fact they are one of the most boring teams to watch,there wingers suck.Play on the counter far too much.

Totally agree - there's a phrase "there's no such thing as bad luck, only bad judgement" which can be changed in football to something like "there's no such thing as bad luck, only poor technique/ability (or whatever)".  Bad luck would only be a perfect shot hitting a pigeon flying by or something similar (or maybe an opponent's shot being deflected into the goal by a beach ball thrown on the pitch by one of your fans, eh Liverpool?  Naa that's karma!)

If anyone wants to talk about bad luck they can watch how we dominated the 'great' barcelona side in 2009 to be robbed by the most corrupt/inept officiating ive ever seen. thats bad f**king luck!

Not helped by the fact all the pundits on tv seem to be ex Liverpool, Arsenal etc.  The only Chelsea is Pat Nevin - probably the most intelligent of any yet rarely seen.

Well if the rumours are true that Alan Hansen is leaving MOTD at the end of next season then i think they should bring in Pat Nevin. I'm not being biased or anything but i really do think he is the best football pundit. I remember when he used to do the UEFA cup on Channel 5, he was great. He's much better to listen to than boring old Alan Shearer that's for sure.

Respectfully, I disagree with the premise of this thread. A great deal of good luck has come Chelsea's way and, for all the recent turbulence, CFC are one of the best clubs in England and Europe.

I don't think that Chelsea are despised; I don't recognise that description.

What is clear is that, as a big club, there's going to be lots of media attention when anything happens. Also, the public profile of some CFC players, means that there's a broad public interest in what happens to them (i.e. you're as likely to read about Cole in 'Closer' as in the football pages). Therefore, if a story like the training ground 'shooting' incident comes to light, it is going to be big news. That comes with the territory of being a big club.

There are other clubs where fans could more justifiably feel that things are against them (look at the coverage that Arsenal got early last season).

Lastly, do we (i.e. whether Spuds or CFC) want to go down the Scouse 'victim' path? I'd hate that, personally.

Edited by Thfc

"Luck"  generally evens out over the course of a few years and tournaments.

Edit: Not to mention that we have been the most despised club in England (and possibly Europe) for the last few years doesn't help either. 

It's more directed to Roman, the way he hires and fires managers and not because its Chelsea, acts like sacking Ancelotti in the tunnel after the last game of the season was truly disgraceful. People hate Man Utd not because its Man Utd but due to the large number of their rabid, classless and idiot fans.

And success brings a lot of polarizing opinion in case of every club.

"Luck"  generally evens out over the course of a few years and tournaments.

It's more directed to Roman, the way he hires and fires managers and not because its Chelsea, acts like sacking Ancelotti in the tunnel after the last game of the season was truly disgraceful. People hate Man Utd not because its Man Utd but due to the large number of their rabid, classless and idiot fans.

And success brings a lot of polarizing opinion in case of every club.

you dont think people despise our club? i think the majority of football fans in this country dislike us at the very least. criticism of chelsea compared to any other club is way over the top. JT in particular is targeted, as has david luiz this season. and the fans are painted as racist and fickle, and we have been criticised week in week out for disliking a manager who made it very clear what he thought of us as supporters. 

Agreed, Nevin is great.

Not helped by the fact all the pundits on tv seem to be ex Liverpool, Arsenal etc.  The only Chelsea is Pat Nevin - probably the most intelligent of any yet rarely seen.

The only ex Chelsea that mainstream media take interest in are twats like Burley who have an axe to grind for whatever reason.

They love to paint a picture that says "look, Chelsea are such a joke even their ex players are anti-them".

Edited by startedwithglenn

you dont think people despise our club? i think the majority of football fans in this country dislike us at the very least. criticism of chelsea compared to any other club is way over the top. JT in particular is targeted, as has david luiz this season. and the fans are painted as racist and fickle, and we have been criticised week in week out for disliking a manager who made it very clear what he thought of us as supporters. 

Media loves controversies and portray the club in a bad way. Next season I expect the spotlight to move to Moyes and Man Utd.

I disagree. I think we're treated no worse than most clubs by the media, and the club brings most of the bad stuff on itself.

You know my feelings on this - the self pitying that goes on from a section of out fanbase regarding media treatment is utterly ludicrous and most of all, tedious.

We are the luckiest supporters in the world and we should never forget it.

We are disliked by a majority of fans because all of a sudden we will no longer be also rans

when Mr R. A. became owner, to them we where upstarts, then along comes a certain J M who

does not suffer fools gladly, which turned the media against us as well, (as they are so very 

foolish & lazy) also he does not do ok, second best or failure, it is the top or else, which increased

the opposition fans dislike & envy of us 100%, wishing that it was their team that had struck

lucky, so let us have all the stick they can give us fair or not.

If 2002/03 never happened, we would only get about a few paragraphs written about us per season,

more if we happen to be fortunate to reach a cup final, pre or post 2002? I know which I prefer as it

is like water of a ducks back,  I am enjoying this & 'aving a larf.

Random thoughts on posts to date:

Some posters seem to think "dislike" and "despise" mean the same thing. 

Some of our fans are despicable (in common with some of the fans of all other clubs)

If you will persist in reading sh*tty papers, expect to feel soiled by the experience.

If you don't want journalists to criticize your club, better start supporting Accrington Stanley. ( WHO ???)

In the last two years we have won two European trophies, signed Juan Mata and Eden Hazard, and by the looks of things will be kicking off next year with arguably the greatest manager we've ever had at the helm. I daresay we've had a fair amount of good luck already.

The dislike for us is tangable..Certainly visible....Ive seen many an opposing fan walk past each other in the streets without giving each other a second glance......As soon as a chelsea shirt is on show , or scarf in back of car , my experience seems to be that someone feels they have to make some sort of comment....In a vehicle behind they feel the need to gesticulate or pull up one inch from your own car and shout out of their windows....West ham fans that will never see their team win anything....Arse fans that are frustrated with their latter years being baron....spuds. well say no more...Manx , that feel they rule the world....Being a chelsea fan is a wonderful but testing thing

Random thoughts on posts to date:

Some posters seem to think "dislike" and "despise" mean the same thing. 

Some of our fans are despicable (in common with some of the fans of all other clubs)

If you will persist in reading sh*tty papers, expect to feel soiled by the experience.

If you don't want journalists to criticize your club, better start supporting Accrington Stanley. ( WHO ???)

EXACTLY!

The dislike for us is tangable..Certainly visible....Ive seen many an opposing fan walk past each other in the streets without giving each other a second glance......As soon as a chelsea shirt is on show , or scarf in back of car , my experience seems to be that someone feels they have to make some sort of comment....In a vehicle behind they feel the need to gesticulate or pull up one inch from your own car and shout out of their windows....West ham fans that will never see their team win anything....Arse fans that are frustrated with their latter years being baron....spuds. well say no more...Manx , that feel they rule the world....Being a chelsea fan is a wonderful but testing thing

Spot on.