Victor Moses

Doesn't Mata
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I think people are being harsh on him really.

Bear in mind if he stays with us this year, he'll have Jose to mange him with Wilian and Schurrle to train with. This could get him to the level of decent squad player.

No they're not, he's just not good enough and I'll go out on a limb and say that actually he's total sh*t.

He played some under Rafa and some under Rodgers. I think he has the same mindset as Lukaku. I play the way I play. If the manager doesn't like it I find a manager who will.

He can't and wont defend which at Chelsea is a no go. Ask Mata or De Bruyne.

He played some under Rafa and some under Rodgers. I think he has the same mindset as Lukaku. I play the way I play. If the manager doesn't like it I find a manager who will.

What makes you think he won't defend? He is in no way at all similar to either of those players.

Moses is a hard worker he offers another heavy attacking option such as we had last season with Ba. He did well last night looked a bit out of shape but will grown into as the season goes on. Not hoping for but I case one of our strikers get injured he could definitely fill the gap.

He was okay under Rafa. I liked him back then. I just don't think he is done for Jose's type of football. Mata was pretty okay under different management but for some reason he was sold. I might be wrong but I don't think we'll keep him. If we keep him he will be used sparingly. Would be quite a story if he totally bloomed under Jose as he was loaned out last season...

Guest RFC_CFC

Not a bad squad option to have, could prove very useful if we get an injury crisis with our wingers.

I think we will mostly see him as a late sub or in lower end cup games.

Schurrle, Salah, Willain, Hazard and even Rambo deployed wide will all be ahead of him.

Don't see the harm in having him around at all.  I liked his first year with us, and thought he was a bit hard done by going to the Scousers last year.  Will allow us to keep guys fresher, and he is hardly a no-hoper of a player - just pales in comparison to some top, top talent in his position.

That said, as someone who valued Kalou's place in the squad, I probably won't have many supporters.

He's sh*t and stops a youth player from coming through, that's why.

I am all for youth, but that statement is untrue, I cannot see him getting to much game time & believe this season Jose will select a youth player

over him if he merits it, so he noway blocks a youth from getting playing time.

Jose has already said that more youth will train with the first team squad, so no reason why that cannot push there claim for a place on the team.

Don't see the harm in having him around at all.  I liked his first year with us, and thought he was a bit hard done by going to the Scousers last year.  Will allow us to keep guys fresher, and he is hardly a no-hoper of a player - just pales in comparison to some top, top talent in his position.

That said, as someone who valued Kalou's place in the squad, I probably won't have many supporters.

Honestly I think Moses is far better than Kalou.

I never understood the point of Kalou, he always reminded me of one of those defenders who try to play up front at 5 a side and look uncoordinated and sh*t.

Edited by Jonty

I never understood the point of Kalou, he always reminded me of one of those defenders who try to play up front at 5 a side and look uncoordinated and sh*t.

I don't really want to go over Kalou's strengths and weaknesses but the reason I bring him up is Moses can fill a role in the squad. He undoubtedly has the talent to be a backup for us, and finding a player with enough talent to walk into 80% of the teams in the league - but is willing to play a bit part role in a squad like Chelsea's is always worth keeping hold of.

Edited by Zola's Love Child

It was kind of a downer going from Robben to Kalou, but he had this tendency to pop up with vital goals when we needed him.  He grew on me over time.  Same with Malouda but he went on to have one great season.  In fact it's pretty amazing to think we broke the PL scoring record with Malouda and Kalou on the wings of all people.

Seems like Jose has basically come out and said he is not sure if Moses will stay with us this season or leave, noting the fact he counts as home grown. Sounds like je is looking to move on one more none HG player and, if he can do that, Victor will be allowed to leave. If however he cannot move on that player and ends up having to part with a wide player (Salah out on loan perhaps?) then he would keep Moses.

Least that is what it sounds like here:

“We have one problem to resolve," said Mourinho. "We have one extra foreign player in at the moment and Victor is not a foreign player.

“Victor’s best position is on the wings where we have many solutions. We have (Eden) Hazard, Willian, Salah and Schurrle but he (Moses) is English and at this moment we have one foreign player who has to leave.

“So until the end of the month, we have to make that decision and Victor is involved in this process. Maybe he stays or maybe he leaves. Because he is English, it is something we have to analyse as well.”

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9421269/premier-league-jose-mourinho-sees-chelsea-challenging-for-many-years 

One of Cech or Courtois going makes the most sense, right now we have 3 of the extremely valuable 17 foreign slots filled by our goalkeepers which frankly is excessive and wasteful.

Yes. And I just can't seem to ignore the rumours going around that we're going to tell Cech to leave in the last week of the transfer window. 

I don't mind Moses. 1 game in 10, he does something amazing. He actually take people on, and tries to get to the byline a lot to provide crosses, which I like.