Matic

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently he's training alone away from the main squad. 

Looking more likely that he will leave, apparently Inter Milan are interested in signing him. 

Don't think that we would allow him to go to Man U, but if he does I'd take a straight swap deal (or swop, if I was an agent) with Martial.

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently he's training alone away from the main squad. 

Looking more likely that he will leave, apparently Inter Milan are interested in signing him. 

Inter have said (reportedly) that they know they couldn't match his current wages

I'm sure the club must be looking to buy another midfielder. With Chalobah gone and Matic apparently on the way out, we're left with Cesc, Kante and Bakayoko, who, as rumour has it, may need some time to fully recover from his end of the season surgery.

Edited by abramovich

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

I'm sure the club must be looking to buy another midfielder. With Chalobah gone and Matic apparently on the way out, we're left with Cesc, Kante and Bakayoko, who, as rumour has it, may need some time to fully recover from his end of the season surgery.

MVG? Pasalic?

If we keep him for another year when there's 40m offers floating about I will be completely baffled by the business accumane of the board. Matic is not worth anywhere near that amount of money and we should be snapping their hand off for that figure. 

He's a bang average footballer (I'm being generous) he had one monster season but outside of that he's not been good enough. 

Thanks for the contribution but it's time to go from me.

ideally I wouldn't want to sell him to united but if it stops them buying Fabinho then I'd give them him as Fabinho would improve them twice as much as Matic IMO.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

If we keep him for another year when there's 40m offers floating about I will be completely baffled by the business accumane of the board. Matic is not worth anywhere near that amount of money and we should be snapping their hand off for that figure. 

He's a bang average footballer (I'm being generous) he had one monster season but outside of that he's not been good enough. 

ideally I wouldn't want to sell him to united but if it stops them buying Fabinho then I'd give them him as Fabinho would improve them twice as much as Matic IMO.

Care to explain How we won 2 leagues in 3 years with a bang average footballer (with you being generous) being one  of the first names on our team sheets?

Also care to explain what we will be doing about our own midfield options.

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Care to explain How we won 2 leagues in 3 years with a bang average footballer (with you being generous) being one  of the first names on our team sheets?

Also care to explain what we will be doing about our own midfield options.

First name on the team sheet? You were stood over Conte/Jose's shoulder as they wrote the team down, or you were told this? 

I never understand the argument that because he played in title winning teams he is therefore at the required standard. Even the best teams have players who don't perform, and are little more than passengers.

Tbh I'm surprised Kante can walk this summer after carrying Matic for 10 months.

13 minutes ago, Blue Exile said:

First name on the team sheet? You were stood over Conte/Jose's shoulder as they wrote the team down, or you were told this? 

I never understand the argument that because he played in title winning teams he is therefore at the required standard. Even the best teams have players who don't perform, and are little more than passengers.

Tbh I'm surprised Kante can walk this summer after carrying Matic for 10 months.

You call Matic a "Passenger" and yet are having trouble understanding arguments??

Anyways, 2 of the best managers on the planet consider him to be good enough to be a consistent fixture in their TITLE winning teams. I would choose to agree with them rather than someone making exaggerated OTT comments (this argument should be easier to understand). 

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

You call Matic a "Passenger" and yet are having trouble understanding arguments??

Anyways, 2 of the best managers on the planet consider him to be good enough to be a consistent fixture in their TITLE winning teams. I would choose to agree with them rather than someone making exaggerated OTT comments (this argument should be easier to understand). 

One of those coaches is now eager to shift him on to pastures new, whilst the other was sacked for being the coach of the team with the worst defence of a premier league title in history (before Leicester eased our blushes). I presume you're happy to blame him for that season as much as your're happy to give him credit for the title winning seasons? 

He has a poor touch, plus for a man of his considerable size he is lacking physically - especially in the air. And lets not talk about his lack of pace...I've seen milk turn quicker.

He offered very little week in week out, it's quite easy to hide when you have a well drilled back 3 behind you and one of the best defensive midfielders in the world next to you. 

No coincidence that we were more fluid and a much better team with Fabregas in midfield rather than Matic.

with chalobah gone I wouldn't sell matic tbh. We seem to giving ourselves so much to do in the transfer market. 

If matic goes, it means we need another centre midfielder, we already need at minimum, a rwb, and striker to replace costa. 

The only way I would think about selling matic now, is if we had all the other departments taken care of, and we have a deal in place for his replacement. 

16 minutes ago, Blue Exile said:

One of those coaches is now eager to shift him on to pastures new, whilst the other was sacked for being the coach of the team with the worst defence of a premier league title in history (before Leicester eased our blushes). I presume you're happy to blame him for that season as much as your're happy to give him credit for the title winning seasons? 

He has a poor touch, plus for a man of his considerable size he is lacking physically - especially in the air. And lets not talk about his lack of pace...I've seen milk turn quicker.

He offered very little week in week out, it's quite easy to hide when you have a well drilled back 3 behind you and one of the best defensive midfielders in the world next to you. 

No coincidence that we were more fluid and a much better team with Fabregas in midfield rather than Matic.

So have you had a talk with Conte/Emenalo if he is the one who wants to sell him rather than matic leaving?

I am giving him the credit he is DUE. I am not the one saying that Matic is a below average footballer. Simply saying the FACTS. Matic has been a common fixture in 2 of our title winning seasons is the last 3 years. 

I find this argument quite exciting. GC is good just because of the cover he gets from the 2 DMs and a 3 man defence. Luiz is good just because of him having the security of 2 DMs and 2 "safe" CBs. Now, Matic is simply a passenger who hides behind 3 CBs and Kante. Hmmm. Maybe its just that they are all good players and better than the sum of their parts.

I know Matic's fault. If you want to list down Costa's : Poor first touch, sh*t in the air, poor dribbling. But like Matic he has his uses. 

And yet, Matic was Conte's first choice for the majority of the season. Strange!!! Not co-incidental, just strange.

31 minutes ago, didierforever said:

So have you had a talk with Conte/Emenalo if he is the one who wants to sell him rather than matic leaving?

I am giving him the credit he is DUE. I am not the one saying that Matic is a below average footballer. Simply saying the FACTS. Matic has been a common fixture in 2 of our title winning seasons is the last 3 years. 

I find this argument quite exciting. GC is good just because of the cover he gets from the 2 DMs and a 3 man defence. Luiz is good just because of him having the security of 2 DMs and 2 "safe" CBs. Now, Matic is simply a passenger who hides behind 3 CBs and Kante. Hmmm. Maybe its just that they are all good players and better than the sum of their parts.

I know Matic's fault. If you want to list down Costa's : Poor first touch, sh*t in the air, poor dribbling. But like Matic he has his uses. 

And yet, Matic was Conte's first choice for the majority of the season. Strange!!! Not co-incidental, just strange.

You aren't talking facts though just assumptions that fit with your opinion...just like the rest of us in fairness.

The club can refuse to sell or at the very least try to reason with the guy if they want him, taking into consideration he is being lined up to leave the minute Baka has signed I'd say it's safe to assume that hasn't happened? Again not knowing the facts (like you) it's impossible to say.

The fact I am sure of though is my eyes work, and he's been as bad as I said he was for probably 18 months.

Also, 'first name on the team sheet' is nothing but a cliché - rather misplaced in this case too. Courtois, Azpi, Hazard, Kante would be the first on the team sheet...but then it's just an assumption...not knowing the FACTS.

Edited by Blue Exile

On the face of it this is as bad a move as the club have made since letting ballack go. We are replacing an exceptional defensive mid with some one we hope will provide us with an upgrade, a player who has a suspect knee and no expirence of our league, on top of this we have CL football this year and have sold clouaba and let RLC go out on loan.

If it's true his location is united it makes it even worse. Matic will be perfect for them allowing 

it would be allow pogba to move further up the pitch and really getting the best from him. 

Better buisness would be to be to keep matic and make an assessment In Jan window after having seen how the season is going 

33 minutes ago, Blue Exile said:

You aren't talking facts though just assumptions that fit with your opinion...just like the rest of us in fairness.

The club can refuse to sell or at the very least try to reason with the guy if they want him, taking into consideration he is being lined up to leave the minute Baka has signed I'd say it's safe to assume that hasn't happened? Again not knowing the facts (like you) it's impossible to say.

The fact I am sure of though is my eyes work, and he's been as bad as I said he was for probably 18 months.

Also, 'first name on the team sheet' is nothing but a cliché - rather misplaced in this case too. Courtois, Azpi, Hazard, Kante would be the first on the team sheet...but then it's just an assumption...not knowing the FACTS.

The same assumption that I made to say that he was one of the first names on the team sheet?

also, I am using facts. Matic will be one of our most played players if you combine both the title winning seasons which would lead one to assume that he is definitely an above average player, which is a way OTT statement.

the club did not stop lukaku/kdb/number of other players from leaving (latest would be chalobah) and that can be due to various reasons.

if he was as bad as you have been saying, then he would not have been playing. Simple.

You spoke my mind. I will sell him to any team for 35m. With that money, we will easily get an upgrade and a younger player.

No freaking way we should sell him to United, we shouldn't be solving problems for our main rivals. I'm happy to let him go to Juventus or Inter, however we do need a replacement.

Do you seriously think he will be an automatic starter at Man United? I will easily swap him for Herrera. Carrick might no longer have the strength but he is still far more intelligent than Matic.