Mohamed Salah to Chelsea

Bobbywoodhogan

I agree, it was a pretty good save, plus I'm sure there were some nerves seeing it was within 5 mins of when he first stepped on for chelsea. I gotta say, considering he was on the pitch for 8 mins he posed a huge threat. Very impressed, getting in great positions and clearly has the speed to breeze past defences. Also good to see him tracking back to get the ball himself, a good example being when i believe it was sisokho got booked fouling him.

I know its early to say, but from what i saw of him at basel and from his brief showing last night i can see maybe Jose giving him a go as striker. I think he could be ideal in that role. May or may not work, prob have to prove himself as a sub first.

Should have scored but amazing pace to get there to begin with.

I don't think he'll start often, I think he's been bought as a game finisher when we've finally broken down the opposition and gotten a goal and they start throwing bodies forward. Once the space opens up behind the tired defenders pushing up the field he'll speed through them and put it to bed.

He can shift cant he. When you look at the pace we have now its breathtaking, and a complete shift away from a few years ago when we had as much pace as an over 70s bowling team.

lots of names being thrown around as strikers. schurrle, hazard and now salah. who next, luiz? (hmmm..might not be such a bad idea) . but by all accounts I've heard about salah, his finishing is his weakest attribute.

Oh i dont know, it didnt seem that bad when he was stroking it past big Pete last year! if it's his weakest attribute then it seems he has a very strong all-round game

I think some people are being qutie harsh giving he has only played 8 minutes for us so far. It was his first game for us also. He was busting a gut to make a good impression. Once he settles down im sure he will be a very good player for us.

First game nerves for Salah I think at the weekend, it's a massive step up to go from playing in Switzerland to the Premier League and he is only 21 let's not forget.

His pace looks like it's going to cause teams some problems and it's nice to have a naturally left footed winger that gives us a different option. 

He might even get a start against WBA. 

Can't remember who said it first, but I can also see him being used primarily as a super sub especially with Willian cementing his position on the right.  His outrageous pace coming on against tired defences could be effective.  He got at Newcastle so easily in only a few minutes.

Can't remember who said it first, but I can also see him being used primarily as a super sub especially with Willian cementing his position on the right.  His outrageous pace coming on against tired defences could be effective.  He got at Newcastle so easily in only a few minutes.

It should be said that plenty of newcastle players gave up 10-15 minutes before the end. It was truly garbage time

• 3 weeks later...

it seems that we haven't used Salah for a while. He was not even in substitute bench during the win against Fulham.

I am thinking maybe Jose will use him for open games, unlike games where our opponent parks the bus.

^Heard the option was either him or Griezmann (who I rate highly) this winter, absolutely no chance Griezmann would come here to warm our bench. Can't get my head around our thinking though; we have prevented him from going to Liverpool where he would have featured well to come & sit on our bench, while we need someone to freshen things up on the pitch.

It looks to me like we wanted salah this summer but as soon as Liverpool went in for him the last transfer windows we had to move early for him.

There is lots going on in football we dont know about. Jose may want him to bulk up a bit or maybe the doctors know of a weakness he has and he has to train to improve. We just dont know. I read an interview with Andre this morning and he said that Jose told him that he needed to work out at the gym more. He hadnt played for a while because Jose wanted him to work on a few things which he did and now expects a bit more game time.

^Heard the option was either him or Griezmann (who I rate highly) this winter, absolutely no chance Griezmann would come here to warm our bench. Can't get my head around our thinking though; we have prevented him from going to Liverpool where he would have featured well to come & sit on our bench, while we need someone to freshen things up on the pitch.

Yeah that's true which is why I wanted him in the summer. Hazard and Griezmann on the wings man that would be so good. Probably the best pairing under 25 in the world. So good that it wont happen now ;\ 

I'm still hoping that we will buy another player from that club tho!