Burnley v Chelsea (PL) 18/08/14 KO 20:00 BST

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Well then, just over a week to go and our first League game will take us to one of the "new" boys in Burnley.

Think this is going to be a tough one, the likes of Schurrle, Willian, Ramires and Oscar will not be used in this game due to their World Cup involvement. It also remains to be seen in our 2 remaining friendlies if Hazard is fit enough.

In some ways I would have rather us started against a United or a City. Sides also disrupted in preseason by the World Cup. Hopefully the players we do have available are both physical, and especially mentally, ready for this game. Will see if we have improved as this has the same difficulty written over it as Crystal Palace away did last season imo.

So who will start this game my fellow blues? Hard to guess what Jose will do but I think we will end up with something like this:

Cech

Brana----Cahill----JT----Luis

----------Mikel------Matic

---Salah------Cesc-----Torres

------------Costa

Getting excited for the new season now. Shame this game was moved to Monday rather than Sunday as then I would have been able to see it...ah well.

Come on Chelsea, let us have a wonderful season! :)

Edited by axman2526

Having seen today's friendly I guess the information I had about the Brazil lads and Schurrle not being ready for this game may have been off lol.

Hopefully we can see something more like:

Cech

Brana----Cahill----JT----Luis

------Cesc-----Matic

---Willian-----Hazard-----Schurrle

-------------Costa

Extremely excited, feel like pre-season has dragged on forever since the World Cup, going to be wonderful getting to watch games on the TV again instead of some dodgy stream with Spanish commentary.

Based off pre-season and fitness i'd go with Axman's team above, it will be interesting to see which of Dave, Iva or Luis misses out though. I have a feeling Iva may get the nod for more away games while Dave gets more home games because he'll be needed more going forward.

The friendly against Sociedad will give us more indication as to the team, Salah may have a good chance of starting as he's the only AM that's had a full pre-season.

Can't see Jose starting too many of those that haven't done pre season

If he starts Courtois, that's a big statement to Cech right there

Next question is Ivan, he started most every game last season and was solid as a rock. Not great attacking wise but defensively made few mistakes.

Courtois

Dave Cahill Ivan Luis

Rambo fab matic

Oscar costa hazard

Courtois

Ivanovic cahill Terry azpiliqueta

Fabregas matic

Salah oscar hazard

Costa

Think salah will definitely start as he has had a full pre season. Out of the players who came back late, I think only oscar will start, as he has had the most minutes in these last 2 friendlies.

Should have enough ability whichever team play, to win this pretty comfortably.

-----------------Cech

--Ivanovic--Cahill--Terry--Azpi

-----------Matic--Fabregas

----Schurrle----Hazard----Salah

-----------------Costa

Final:

Burnley 1 - Chelsea 1

Goal(s):

Jutkiewicz (3)

Cahill (75)

MOTM:

Cesc Fabregas

Can't see Hazard starting anywhere but the left hand side.  I think Oscar will be played through the middle with Schurrle on the right hopefully. Fab and Mat in the DM positions, naturally. The rest of the team picks itself, apart from the keeper position of course...

After Dave's brilliant Season last year, I don't think he will be dropped, Luis will be made to be patient for his chance. Courtois will play, and Schurrle will be preferred over Oscar.

Courtois

Ivan

Cahill

JT

Dave

Matic

Fabregas

Schurrle

Hazard

Willian

Diego Costa

Subs:

Luis

Drogba

Oscar

Salah

Mikel

I'm sure pete will start,

here is my XI for what its worth...

------------------------------CECH-------------------------

AZPI-----------------JT--------------CAHILL------------LUIS

-----------------------MATIC------RAMIRES-------------------

SALAH----------------------FABREGAS------------------HAZARD

----------------------------------COSTA-----------------------------------

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that the season officially starts this weekend, however it's a pity that our match is on Monday though but nevertheless I'm pumped for this one. 

As a newly-promoted side Burnley will be eager to play well so it's not going to be an easy game. I think we have the quality to win this comfortably but don't be surprised if this is harder than expected especially away from home.

Here's the line-up I would go with but of course we need to bear in mind that the match against Real Sociedad and the line-up we present in that match might be a better indication of who we play on Monday night.

------------------------------Courtois-------------------------

Azpilicueta-----------------Terry--------------Cahill------------Luis

-----------------------Matic------Ramires-------------------

Schurrle----------------------Fabregas------------------Hazard

----------------------------------Costa-----------------------------------

I'm still not sure whether I'd start Schurrle, Willian or Salah. Interesting selection headaches to ponder for Jose.

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that the season officially starts this weekend, however it's a pity that our match is on Monday though but nevertheless I'm pumped for this one.

As a newly-promoted side Burnley will be eager to play well so it's not going to be an easy game. I think we have the quality to win this comfortably but don't be surprised if this is harder than expected especially away from home.

Here's the line-up I would go with but of course we need to bear in mind that the match against Real Sociedad and the line-up we present in that match might be a better indication of who we play on Monday night.

------------------------------Courtois-------------------------

Azpilicueta-----------------Terry--------------Cahill------------Luis

-----------------------Matic------Ramires-------------------

Schurrle----------------------Fabregas------------------Hazard

----------------------------------Costa-----------------------------------

I'm still not sure whether I'd start Schurrle, Willian or Salah. Interesting selection headaches to ponder for Jose.

Ramires is suspended.

Guest RFC_CFC

-----Courtois----

Ivan--Cahill--Terry--Luis

-----Matic---Fabregas---

Willain--Schurrle--Hazard

--------Costa-----

Oscar doesn't deserve to start given his poor form and the fact he looks knackered.

Tough one between Dave and Ivan but I'd go for the latter due to last nights showing plus in a war against a newly promoted side we need warriors and Ivan is just that.

Edited by RFC_CFC