Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

39 minutes ago, Drogbaholic said:

Really wish he wasn’t being managed by that dinosaur Hodgson but hopefully he keeps improving. 

You think that's bad, Boga might be playing under Alex McLeish soon :slap_face:

Edited by Argo

Palace fans I work with pretty much say he's the only positive thing about their season. I'm not sure if he's actually playing well or if he just looks good because he's surrounded by excrement. 

I've seen some of the MOTD highlights and he has set up a Benteke for a sitter, and the latter fluffed it. He has also looked lively playing in a second striker role, one that I think he could make his own. Feel he needs that first goal to kick on. 

In every game, he is near to score, and his assists are missed by Palace players.... But i think that when he will score his fisrt goal, he will be more confidence. 

I bet he will be the first scorer from Palace 

16 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Palace fans I work with pretty much say he's the only positive thing about their season. I'm not sure if he's actually playing well or if he just looks good because he's surrounded by excrement. 

He's definitely playing well. He should have 4 or 5 assists already this season, the Palace players have missed easy chances that he has set up for them.

4 hours ago, didierforever said:

Can easily be a Cesc replacement next year or the one after that. 

Cesc has a contract till 2019, by the time he would be 32 anyways. So probably perfect timing for RLC.

I think too, he have need more time in the pitch for his progression ahead to be back at Bridge. 2 years it's perfect. But i already think that if he comes back next year, he will play more that his last years at Chelsea

21 hours ago, didierforever said:

Can easily be a Cesc replacement next year or the one after that. 

Cesc has a contract till 2019, by the time he would be 32 anyways. So probably perfect timing for RLC.

Cesc imo will still be playing at a high level by then. Pace has never been a part of his game. Bit like Pirlo in that aspect. And players like that never lose their vision. Don't think we should let Cesc go but knowing our policy, he'll be offered a 1 year deal, which won't be good enough for him as he'll also be offered 3-4 year deals by other attractive clubs in Europe. So in the end, you might be right. RLC might be his replacement. If Conte rates him.

In his first few appearances for us he was like that - bursting runs through the middle, confident to try things, but with so little game time given to him, he became more and more reserved on the chances he did get, just trying not to make mistakes, which is the curse of the chelsea youth player, because they might only get 10 minutes and they are just desperate not to do anything wrong.

3 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Unlucky to not have a goal and assist.

4:01 what on earth was that touch?? Ruben is playing with players from the conference league. 

Also how on earth is Benteke a professional footballer, I could control a ball better than him. He's always had talent, and we've taken a very long time in giving him a chance, this loan should've happened 2 years ago but I'm very happy with what I saw. Just looking at that performance alone you know he has the chance to make it to the top flight. 

15 hours ago, Slojo said:

4:01 what on earth was that touch?? Ruben is playing with players from the conference league. 

Also how on earth is Benteke a professional footballer, I could control a ball better than him. He's always had talent, and we've taken a very long time in giving him a chance, this loan should've happened 2 years ago but I'm very happy with what I saw. Just looking at that performance alone you know he has the chance to make it to the top flight. 

Just a season or 2 ago, Benteke was as good if not better than Lukaku. 

Same goes for Origi too (after his 2 good performances in the world cup), he became a better player than Lukaku, who is nothing more than a belgian Darren bent, apparently. :laugh2:

Things people have said on here. Just shocking.

Wah i saw the video, all simply brillant, i'm very impressed by his performance against City, again once... He have really the talent for play with us. Just win experience with Palace and his come back at Chelsea will be massive !!!!

55 minutes ago, Cyborg7 said:

Wah i saw the video, all simply brillant, i'm very impressed by his performance against City, again once... He have really the talent for play with us. Just win experience with Palace and his come back at Chelsea will be massive !!!!

I have watched most of CPs games live/later on. He has simply stood out. Maybe thats not much to say given that its a team with 6 losses in 6 games with no goals scored, but I can honestly say that IF you replaced benteke with morata/lukaku... RLC would have had an assist in each of the games.

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

I have watched most of CPs games live/later on. He has simply stood out. Maybe thats not much to say given that its a team with 6 losses in 6 games with no goals scored, but I can honestly say that IF you replaced benteke with morata/lukaku... RLC would have had an assist in each of the games.

Yes, i think just he gotta win in experience and mostly play, this young need to play for take confidence more and more ! 

I have watched too a couple games, you feel the talent in him. I gonna see his forthcoming game against Man.United saturday before the big game against Manchester City. :smile:

9 hours ago, didierforever said:

Just a season or 2 ago, Benteke was as good if not better than Lukaku. 

Same goes for Origi too (after his 2 good performances in the world cup), he became a better player than Lukaku, who is nothing more than a belgian Darren bent, apparently. :laugh2:

Things people have said on here. Just shocking.

Look at the correlation though, that factors in with Liverpool hype from Liverpool fans mostly, the most deluded fans on earth. Plus it's the media who hype them up, I saw an article on Sky when Solanke went to Liverpool 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10912157/dominic-solanke-profile-how-good-can-the-forward-be-for-liverpool

I never heard a word about Solanke when he was at Chelsea, as soon as he went to the Liverpool hype train he got his spotlight. 

But back to Benteke conversation, he does have similarities with Lukaku, although Lukaku is a better footballer. Lukaku is woeful on the ball, but you also can't deny that he's a goal machine. 

14 hours ago, Slojo said:

Look at the correlation though, that factors in with Liverpool hype from Liverpool fans mostly, the most deluded fans on earth. Plus it's the media who hype them up, I saw an article on Sky when Solanke went to Liverpool 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10912157/dominic-solanke-profile-how-good-can-the-forward-be-for-liverpool

I never heard a word about Solanke when he was at Chelsea, as soon as he went to the Liverpool hype train he got his spotlight. 

But back to Benteke conversation, he does have similarities with Lukaku, although Lukaku is a better footballer. Lukaku is woeful on the ball, but you also can't deny that he's a goal machine. 

I agree with you on the media hype.

BUT... i was not talking about that. I was talking about the opinions of chelsea fans on this forum, who used to think the same. If it was influenced by the media, then its just sad.