Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

1 hour ago, MissouriBlue said:

Hopefully it will be a good opportunity to show what he can do off the ball. I've found he never looks industrious enough when we are not in possession. Happy to be proven wrong!

His main strength is when the team have the ball, Iactually think he makes some decent moves in that aspect.

However what really lets him down is he doesn't do nearly enough when he has the ball himself and as you've alluded to is rubbish when the opponent's do.

This is his last big chance to salvage a Chelsea or even PL career but ultimately I think it will be invain.

Edited by Argo

1 minute ago, Argo said:

His main strength is when the team have the ball, Iactually think he makes some decent moves in that aspect.

However what really lets him down is he doesn't do nearly enough when he has the ball himself and as you've alluded to is rubbish when the opponent's do.

This is his last big chance to salvage a Chelsea or even PL career but ultimately I think it will be invain.

Without being rude better prospects than RLC have come, not made the grade and been sold. I agree, don't think he has much going for him (in terms of giving us a reason to keep him on) except the HG thing maybe.

The Dutch love their 4-3-3 and if de Boer implements it at Palace I can see Ruben thriving.

Midfield 3 of Milivojevic (the destroyer), Cabaye (the passer) and Ruben given licence to get forward as much as possible (think Lampard in a 3 or Pogba in the Juve 3) looks very tasty on paper.

Fingers crossed he becomes a hit there, it'd be so nice having him come back as one of the most sought after English footballers.

Good timing too as he'll want to go to Russia next summer.

Be interesting to see where Palace play him. 

Conte clearly wanted him nowhere near his two man midfield but I can't see RLC getting many minutes ahead of Zaha, Townsend or Puncheon. 

Could maybe play alongside Milivojević, who seems quite good at doing the dirty work so would let RLC express himself a bit. 

I hope he becomes a better player under De Boer and over there at CP. Really hope he breaks out or at least prove himself at a lower table side

Must be tough playing under Conte whose playing career was based around hard graft

Edited by Deino

4 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Someone has told me he knows Loftus Cheek's brother and he said he's going to Palace for a TWO years loan.

The two years loan has surprised me. I find that really hard to believe.

I mean he's got four years left on his deal, and if they pay his wages, it'll essentially work for all parties. I guess the assumption is that it will take him some time to bed in as a premier league regular. Come 2019, he will have really proven himself or not. Not a disaster, I'm sure there will be a recall option. 

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/01/ruben-loftus-cheek-given-60000-a-week-contract-after-making-12-appearances-for-chelsea-5725951/ 

38 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Someone has told me he knows Loftus Cheek's brother and he said he's going to Palace for a TWO years loan.

The two years loan has surprised me. I find that really hard to believe.

I think we should start looking at all our loans at his level being 2 years. it worked for Christensen. Gives the club more incentive to develop the player and at the end we have a better idea about whether to stick or sell. 

58 minutes ago, benjsross said:

I think we should start looking at all our loans at his level being 2 years. it worked for Christensen. Gives the club more incentive to develop the player and at the end we have a better idea about whether to stick or sell. 

I agree, a one year loan is difficult for the loaning club, 2 year gives them something to use and also gives the parent club a better time reference when they get back.

yeah 2 years is good. clubs who get the loanees often dislike the idea of building the player up for a return to chelsea in a year's time, but 2 years could really benefit feeder club. i would like to see us also loan more young players to spanish clubs. playing in la liga would be a great learning experience in the best technical league (imo) in europe. 

Make or break year for him this, if he is as talented as some think he should be able to break into that less then stellar Palace side. I have my doubts but hope he proves me wrong

My mate (palace fan) was raving about RLC after their friendly against Schalke. He's over the moon to have him there this season, and thinks that he'll be a regular starter. I still believe in him and think he'll turn into a world beater. Hopefully he can prove it this year, as we certainly haven't given him much of a just. It's impossible to establish yourself with a few cameos (unless you're a Messi or Ronaldo).

1 hour ago, DannyVblue said:

My mate (palace fan) was raving about RLC after their friendly against Schalke. He's over the moon to have him there this season, and thinks that he'll be a regular starter. I still believe in him and think he'll turn into a world beater. Hopefully he can prove it this year, as we certainly haven't given him much of a just. It's impossible to establish yourself with a few cameos (unless you're a Messi or Ronaldo).

I hope he proves me wrong.

The idea of RLC is great, however the reality has been a let down dus far.

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 15:38, RIP Mourinho said:

Hopefully they play him in a midfield 3 and don't try to pigeon hole him in an attacking midfield role. 

That's funny I thought that was where he was best in an attacking role.

I hope he gets a good run so we all know if he has it or not.