Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

14 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I think we have to start accepting that the academy isn't there to bring players into the first team, it's there to make money.

It's to teach and develop young players to a standard that they can make a career in football. Occasionally you unearth a gem that will make it right to the top with the club. The players who aren't upto that quality find their feet lower down the league structure keeping smaller clubs alive. This is a reverse to how things were before the influx of foreign players,when larger clubs looked to the lower leagues for recruits. The money made will be miniscule and the profits will be sunk into the next batch of players, which in turn keeps the football ladder alive.

2 hours ago, Zeta said:

Think he needs a PL loan really. If he can find a club where he can play 20-25 games next season, it will do much more for him than sitting on our bench and making 2 minute cameos.

Agreed, sitting on the bench is doing nothing for him, he needs game time. If we have no intention of playing him regularly, let's see how he performs in a full season elsewhere. 

We either need to use him in cups and off the bench next season or loan him to a PL club. I hope we don't get rid of him - as much as people like to criticize him I think he's a decent player with a lot of potential

Personally from what I have seen from him, he is not good enough, yes he pops up with the few goals here and there(in youth football) but its all too fancy Dan from him. He doesnt seem to have any grit in midfield which unfortunately you need at premier league level. 

I would love to see it work out for him but not quite sure of his attitude either. He should be demanding a loan move to a premier league club where he is going to get minutes. I'm disappointed we bowed to his demands of 50-60k a week(not sure if this is completely accurate) I hope so much that I am wrong about him but he just strikes me as a typical English youth player who had it too good too quick. I'm more disappointed with the loss of Ake as I think although he is not that young I think he has potential to be a great player. I can only hope we have a buy back on him and I presume we do. 

Really getting frustrated with the youth teams doing so well and not making the grade with the first team, some of these players need to show that they would kill someone to get in that first team. Unfortunately, it seems that they have too much too soon and are happy to play a bit part and collect their wages at the end of the week. 

3 hours ago, mullincfc said:

Personally from what I have seen from him, he is not good enough, yes he pops up with the few goals here and there(in youth football) but its all too fancy Dan from him. He doesnt seem to have any grit in midfield which unfortunately you need at premier league level. 

I would love to see it work out for him but not quite sure of his attitude either. He should be demanding a loan move to a premier league club where he is going to get minutes. I'm disappointed we bowed to his demands of 50-60k a week(not sure if this is completely accurate) I hope so much that I am wrong about him but he just strikes me as a typical English youth player who had it too good too quick. I'm more disappointed with the loss of Ake as I think although he is not that young I think he has potential to be a great player. I can only hope we have a buy back on him and I presume we do. 

Really getting frustrated with the youth teams doing so well and not making the grade with the first team, some of these players need to show that they would kill someone to get in that first team. Unfortunately, it seems that they have too much too soon and are happy to play a bit part and collect their wages at the end of the week. 

Honestly, i kept a close eye on him when i went to The Bridge for the Brentford game and his body language was reminiscent to mine as a kid when i had no choice but to go Ikea with my mum. It's a shame because he has/had potential, but hasn't come close to demonstrating it.

Even if he impresses on loan he's not going to be getting into the team next season, he will need to play at a perm team for a few years and show consistency. 

We should sell him with a buy back otherwise he's just going to keep getting loaned out.

Looks like Palace is the destination, he definitely needs games at the top level! When you watch him play youth football it's too easy for him....his goal against Liverpool youth where he just ran in a straight line brushing players aside with ease is an example.

Needs to start using that Physique and turn into a midfield destroyer!

Possible 2 year loan...question is what's happening with Zouma? There was talk that he was Palace bound himself but obviously he can't go there now and as he's no longer seen as HG this year he may need to go on loan elsewhere to accomodate Rudiger and Christensen...I think he wants to stay in EPL so maybe West Ham or WBA or Stoke maybe? 

I hope he proves me wrong but i just don't think he's PL material and that will be ruthlessly exposed out on loan (like it did with Bamford).

9 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

This is his big chance tbh. If he doesn't do well for palace he's not Chelsea quality 

Hopefully it will be a good opportunity to show what he can do off the ball. I've found he never looks industrious enough when we are not in possession. Happy to be proven wrong!

Edited by MissouriBlue

Townsend-RLC-Zaha + Benteke could be quite nice. Could see them doing damage to our rivals. Tactical loan me thinks. Much like letting Everton have lukaku first time round. Strengthen a mid-table side for when they take on the rest of the top six.