Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

He played very well and he no doubt has ability, but this was a half arsed exhibition match where there was no pressing or intensity. So nothing really changes, he could make it at Chelsea, but he's still got a long way to go.

Ian Wright in the studio saying he thinks RLC is better than Bakayoko, not sure about that tbh, I think this is a kneejerk reaction, I think he has the potential to be better, but he's not there yet. I like RLC, I hope one day he forces his way into our team.

19 minutes ago, Snedger said:

He played very well and he no doubt has ability, but this was a half arsed exhibition match where there was no pressing or intensity. So nothing really changes, he could make it at Chelsea, but he's still got a long way to go.

It's a big game for him, the biggest he's ever played, on a big stage with millions watching, and a lot at stake, not just for him but for a lot of those players on both sides. 

He done really well. Giggs was very astute talking about him I thought, saying he was better on the left, where the game opened up for him because he can see more of the pitch because he's right-footed. He also said he stood still a lot, which he meant as a compliment, that it showed he had confidence and a good understanding of the game.

Wright and Dixon had a pop at Chelsea and in a way I agree with them. I think they're underestimating Bakayoko and don't really understand what his role is and how much you're required to run for Conte, especially if Fabregas is in the side, but there's no doubt we've completely mismanaged RLC in my view, and we have barely any idea how to nurture kids. RLC has effectively wasted the last two years of his career and he's way behind schedule in relation to his potential. He's nearly 22 and he should be starting for Chelsea at this stage because he has the ability but he hasn't got the experience because we didn't loan him out earlier. He's only got about 20 games under his belt which is criminal, he should have two seasons under his belt by now and he'd be a lot further down the line in his development.

Edit: Anyway pleased for him. If he stays fit he'll be on that plane to Russia. He's got more class than most of the England squad put together.

Edited by Davey Baby

1 minute ago, the special one said:

Still think he's missing that bit of quality that the top players have, perhaps why he doesn't have many assists for Palace, but other than that did nothing wrong tonight.

The reason he hasn't got many assists is because they have Benteke up front.

9 minutes ago, the special one said:

Still think he's missing that bit of quality that the top players have, perhaps why he doesn't have many assists for Palace, but other than that did nothing wrong tonight.

He set up more opportunity for Palace's strikers, but they messed up... 

7 minutes ago, Cyborg7 said:

He set up more opportunity for Palace's strikers, but they messed up... 

Don't get me wrong I do think he has something, but top players make a difference -  if the strikers mess up he needs to carry Palace by scoring himself for example.

Edited by the special one

Just now, the special one said:

Don't get me wrong I do think he has something, but top players make a difference - if the strikers mess up he needs to carry Palace by banging one in from 30 yards for example.

I'm agree, let's see his forthcoming games with Palace, the season is still long 

20 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Ian Wright in the studio saying he thinks RLC is better than Bakayoko, not sure about that tbh, I think this is a kneejerk reaction, I think he has the potential to be better, but he's not there yet. I like RLC, I hope one day he forces his way into our team.

This is just Ian Wright continuing with his agenda against Bakayoko. He even moaned about Bakayoko the other day and said we should have played Willian or Pedro ahead of him. He obviously doesn't like it that we have signed a foreign CM instead of giving one of our young English players a go.

6 minutes ago, the special one said:

Don't get me wrong I do think he has something, but top players make a difference -  if the strikers mess up he needs to carry Palace by scoring himself for example.

He's very, very inexperienced. He has exactly 30 senior games under his belt, and many of those were substitute appearances for us.

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

This is just Ian Wright continuing with his agenda against Bakayoko. He even moaned about Bakayoko the other day and said we should have played Willian or Pedro ahead of him. He obviously doesn't like it that we have signed a foreign CM instead of giving one of our young English players a go.

He basically said that Bakayoko wasn't that great on Sunday, not sure what match he was watching.

26 minutes ago, Theafonis said:

We’ve badly mismanaged RLC and Ian is right. 

RLC would be incredible right now had he developed at Southampton or Everton. 

We should have loaned him out last season. Thankfully we have loaned him out this year and with a season (or two) under his belt he will improve

We are learning all the time about how to develop the academy. It is going in the right direction.

Also Chelsea produce more professional footballers than Southampton or Everton. 

Edited by benjsross

He was really good today but he's got to improve his work rate to be in our team, though at the moment I can see him in Cesc's free role in front of 2 hard workers, albeit not nearly as effective.

He's done more growing in 3 months on loan than 2 years on our bench, it will be interesting on seeing how good he will be at the end of the season, have to say though I don't think he'll be ready until after another season loan.

And the pundits bashing Bakayoko clearly want to keep the narrative going that we f**ked up on Matic, they can't accept that we planned to upgrade his position and did just that.

Didn't see the game, caught rlc' s touches though and he looked like he did well. Not really surprising tbh, his style seems well suited to international football. 

I would love to see him make it here, as he will be a formidable midfielder if he reaches his potential. 

Just needs to stay fit and keep performing for palace. Hopefully the switch to 352 will see him get more if a chance here next season. 

Stay fit keep your feet grounded and you feature for Chelsea next season. If we continue with 3 midfielders there is plenty of chances for RLC. Danny seems to be pretty injury-prone.

10 hours ago, the special one said:

The only reason he has not had more assists for palace is because Benteke kept missing SITTERS

I watched the match in between doing dinner.

RLC certainly played well and stood out certainly.

Defensively from set pieces he seemed to be clearing nearly everything. 

Held his position in the middle and was good at linking up play in a way that opened up opportunities to attack Germany.

I recall Gullitt say he was really impressed by the potential of RLC, and I wondered if this was because he reminded Gullitt of his younger self. 

Now I would say he does have quality and like Gullitt he does not appear to be a busy player more a strong yet clever midfield player. He does not look like he can get around the pitch quickly enough though I concede this might have been due to instructions to hold his position.

I think he should stay at Palace the rest of the season and only bring him back then to give him the best chance of getting to the WC.

Interesting talking about and comparing him to Baka, I don't necessarily see them playing in the same role more as a complementary player and could see them playing along side each other at some point.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I watched the match in between doing dinner.

RLC certainly played well and stood out certainly.

Defensively from set pieces he seemed to be clearing nearly everything. 

Held his position in the middle and was good at linking up play in a way that opened up opportunities to attack Germany.

I recall Gullitt say he was really impressed by the potential of RLC, and I wondered if this was because he reminded Gullitt of his younger self. 

Now I would say he does have quality and like Gullitt he does not appear to be a busy player more a strong yet clever midfield player. He does not look like he can get around the pitch quickly enough though I concede this might have been due to instructions to hold his position.

I think he should stay at Palace the rest of the season and only bring him back then to give him the best chance of getting to the WC.

Interesting talking about and comparing him to Baka, I don't necessarily see them playing in the same role more as a complementary player and could see them playing along side each other at some point.

RLC, from what I saw last night had a good game, seemed to find space all the time, but with sh*te like Livermore and dier playing they didn't always get there head up and see the simple 5/10 yard pass into him, not that I give two sh*ts about England, but I thought if RLC plays with englands 1st choice next time it will help, until I realised Henderson is there 1st choice!!!

I agree with Strider's post. He does have quality and composure but hasn't got Baka's drive and energy, so they are not the same player. I also agree with Davey that he's wasted the best part of two years by not playing enough. He really did not make the most of the few opportunities he was given, and Conte seeing him as a potential centre forward simply confirmed my belief that he is a player without a natural position. I think he could play behind the striker(s) but I don't think he is a natural holding midfielder. He looks very comfortable at Palace in a forward position, but he is also impressing in some of his defensive duties (notably in the air at set pieces). It will be fantastic if he can add goals to his game. He would have scored last night if Trippier hadn't been a selfish tw@t.

He looked really good last night and has a real chance at the work cup squad, which would be a great reward for his patience. 

he would have had an assist last night if vardy had better decision making in the box. i dunno why vardy didn't shoot when ruben set that ball up for him, it was pretty much on a plate to smash it into the net, instead he knocks the ball over to tammy.