Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

4 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I would say more into the Cesc role. Baka role does require a lot of defensive work. RLC does not seem to be doing much of that with CP. 

RLC has had an incredibly high work rate with Palace this season and most Paace fans have commended him for his defensive contributions. The myth about his low defensive work rate seems to have been busted this season. 

Some glaring issues that still needs fixing but overall a good performance. Might need another year of PL level football but we'll see come end of the season.

17 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I would say more into the Cesc role. Baka role does require a lot of defensive work. RLC does not seem to be doing much of that with CP. 

Exactly, I reckon that his better place in our team is to play instead of Fabregas, because he has the technical for. More he can set up opportunity alone with his technical and his dribble. 

I watched every its games, he can play behind the striker, but likewise in the middle, or the right side like he does currently with Palace. 

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

RLC has had an incredibly high work rate with Palace this season and most Paace fans have commended him for his defensive contributions. The myth about his low defensive work rate seems to have been busted this season. 

Na mate. Not talking about his work rate. I would say cesc has decent work rate, but defensively he leaves a lot to be desired. I would put rlc in the same bracket. Maybe it's the role given to him, but time and again, defensively his positioning has been quite poor

18 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Na mate. Not talking about his work rate. I would say cesc has decent work rate, but defensively he leaves a lot to be desired. I would put rlc in the same bracket. Maybe it's the role given to him, but time and again, defensively his positioning has been quite poor

Seem to remember him doing a very good job against Liverpool on his debut and he certainly has the physical presence to do it. Perhaps just needs a bit of coaching. Bakayoko was poor in his first few seasons at Monaco until Makelele turned up. 

Why make some one their not, he's an excellent attacking talent, can probably put his foot in and defend a bit but I don't see the point in trying to turn him in to a DM or even a box to box.

next season, if conte is still here and we are still looking at this formation he could do very well in either the role Cesc played on sunday or as Hazard played, in support of a central striker 

He looks an incredibly exciting player when he runs at the opposition.

From what I saw he was good in the air both defensively and offensively.

A bit of good inter-passing and bad inter-passing too.

Some poor decisions on the ball though that equally could be because he has not played with the players long enough to know their likely movements. 

I think for Loftus Cheek and Tammy see Christensen often play, can motivate them. It's possible to play in the Chelsea XI when you comes from the academy, but it takes be very good. 

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

So Ruben will start for England. I hope Conte is watching.

Yes, if he's watching (and I'm sure he will be) and Rueben has a good game, that will hopefully put an end to the speculation that we are still interested in Barkley.

Kross is the only world class one out of the 3, Itzik is capable of brillianace but not world class, and if names on paper won games burnly and palace would be at least 3 points lighter so far this season

Good luck to him he's done well this season deserves his chance especially with the sh*t England have in midfield and with injuries.

Still think he could do with 1 more loan at a better club than palace, seems to have worked well for Christensen.

Edited by dan_cfc

Would love to see RLC dominate tonight. The way he plays he could really replace the ageing cesc we currently have and as people have already pointed out, RLC-baka-Kante MF would make people sh*t their pants

Been England's best player by far tonight. The lad has so much ability its unreal. He just needs regular playing time like he is getting at Palace and to keep on being consistent and he can be a top player. His acceleration on the ball is excellent too.

Edited by STATS

If he doesn't make it at us then not sure what it takes. 

I get he's got the lazy tag here. But you can afford a luxury player with enough ability. He's worked hard tonight though.