Ruben Loftus-Cheek

24 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Injured again. He seems to pick up injuries a lot.

Probably due to his size I think. Athletes who grow too big too quick tend to have them especially those who're still growing. 

I think once his body adapts to the demands he'll stop having these types of injuries provided he trains properly

• 1 month later...

RLC runs the same danger of all those prospects that have gone before him. If you don't grab your chance when you can, you become the forgotten man and everyone is talking about the next crop of youngsters instead (and there are many).

I've seen him do some good things at Palace, but equally some games have passed him by. Doesn't help him that it appears they will be involved in a relegation dog-fight right to the end, but at least we will see if he has the bottle for that.

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

If Conte wants to move to a 3-5-2, then RLC can be an ideal CM for that. Carries the ball so well, has a good passing range. Just some shades of Pogba I would say. Only problem is that (just like POGBA), defensively he can be a slight worry. 

I think exactly the same thing, it's a perfect player for play in 3-5-2, but he also can play in 3-4-3 on the side left forward

Feeling very happy for him and Tammy, a very great achievement for them. Hopefully, they will succeed to impress Southgate and be a part of the National Team.

Let's be honest, if RLC would've stayed with us this season and barely playing, he would never receive a call to National Team, maybe Abraham if he could get a proper chance and score few goals to mark his name, but low chances of this could have happened. Same as Chalobah, left us and joined Watford, started to play regularly, proved himself and was a part of the National Team. 

1 hour ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Feeling very happy for him and Tammy, a very great achievement for them. Hopefully, they will succeed to impress Southgate and be a part of the National Team.

Let's be honest, if RLC would've stayed with us this season and barely playing, he would never receive a call to National Team, maybe Abraham if he could get a proper chance and score few goals to mark his name, but low chances of this could have happened. Same as Chalobah, left us and joined Watford, started to play regularly, proved himself and was a part of the National Team. 

Absolutely, but we let them leave so they could get these chances. They have taken them and it increases their opportunity to get into the first team.

Let's be honest, a top six first XI is a step up from England. But England is a step up from a bottom 14 first XI. 

We have started to manage our academy well. It's been a learning curve but I am confident the way we treat these players now is both in their best interests and ultimately ours. I think our view is now we want to be in a position to "sign" a youth player to our first squad and it feel right rather than us automatically put them in because they happen to be young and one of our own.

Edited by benjsross
15 hours ago, startedwithglenn said:

I heard the other day that Ruben is Carl Cort's half brother, was this common knowledge? (assuming true)

Yeah. I believe his dad Trevor is also the dad of Carl and Leon cort. Was some dodgy dealings at the time of his contract involving his dad and agency if I recall.

What position does he play for them, it looks like it's wide? Hoping he can get some games with us next season. If we can keep people fit and have Kante, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek and Drinkwater as midfield options, we'd be set in the midfield I think.

Very impressive defensively against Spurs, I think he deserves to be called up for England. Without premier league experience, playing for the worst team in the league and at the age 21 is marked by National Team is something very big. I just pray every day that we will bring him and play him. He has so potential in him, now when he has the opportunity to show himself, he does his best and impresses us.  

4 hours ago, Zeta said:

What position does he play for them, it looks like it's wide? Hoping he can get some games with us next season. If we can keep people fit and have Kante, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek and Drinkwater as midfield options, we'd be set in the midfield I think.

From the small amount I've seen he seems to be playing behind the striker with a bit if freedom to drift wide, a number 10 type. Which is a position we don't use really, but he could play similar to Baka in the utd match.

18 hours ago, Zeta said:

Seems to be playing either as an attacking mid behind the striker or the b2b mid in a three man midfield. Could easily fall into the roll that Baka played on Sunday.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Seems to be playing either as an attacking mid behind the striker or the b2b mid in a three man midfield. Could easily fall into the roll that Baka played on Sunday.

I would say more into the Cesc role. Baka role does require a lot of defensive work. RLC does not seem to be doing much of that with CP.