Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

What a game! Ruben was brilliant, really... According to me He is better than Drinkwater, but this is my opinion of course :) I hope so, that Conte think about Ruben #MVP.

I look at him and like many here think that he can be a bit lazy and not putting it in on the field. I wonder what the stats says as far as distance covered and maybe I’m being deceived by his languid style, a bit like Yaya Toure.

Good performance. I was impressed by how readily he recovered defensively. That said let's not get carried away. He has 30 senior games and outshining luminaries like Jake Livermore and Harry Maguire doesn't count for much

18 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

You can see he has loads of talent, but he never looks like he's busting a gut, needs Sir Frank to tell him whats properly needed in a midfield kingpin role.!

Yaya Toure never looks like he busts a gut but i wouldn't mind him in his prime. Some players just make it look effortless. 

Edited by RIP Mourinho

20 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Yaya Toure never looks like he busts a gut but i wouldn't mind him in his prime. Some players just make it look effortless. 

Ballack was called lazy by some, but he was a pretty decent player in his prime as well.

And this is exactly why I said RLC needed a loan at a premier club where he was guaranteed to get a lot of game time... Because look how amazing he looks this season compared to the last few where he hardly played!

The board should take note and loan out more of our players to premier league teams where they will almost be guaranteed to start. There is no point in sending them to a weak team in a weak league where it has no true reflection on how they will fair, its just a waste of time imo. 

Someone like Baker, instead of wasting his time at vitesse could have played for a weak team in the PL and he would have faired much better, but now it seems like his talent has been wasted

1 minute ago, big blue said:

Didn't play well. Has gone off injured after 30 mins. England have barely had the ball tbf. 

Yeah he looked a lot like I remember tonight before the knock. This is maybe the issue with RLC, needs to find consistency at a high level before he will be able to command a place here. 

13 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Yeah he looked a lot like I remember tonight before the knock. This is maybe the issue with RLC, needs to find consistency at a high level before he will be able to command a place here. 

He doesn't has even touched 10 balls like whole english team, how you can tell he looks bad ? 

Edited by Cyborg7

Shame he couldn't have put in a good performance against Brazil - would have done wonders for him. John Barnes whole career was largely based on one good performance and memorable goal against Brazil!!

On 13.11.2017 at 12:51, JJP said:

And this is exactly why I said RLC needed a loan at a premier club where he was guaranteed to get a lot of game time... Because look how amazing he looks this season compared to the last few where he hardly played!

The board should take note and loan out more of our players to premier league teams where they will almost be guaranteed to start. There is no point in sending them to a weak team in a weak league where it has no true reflection on how they will fair, its just a waste of time imo. 

Someone like Baker, instead of wasting his time at vitesse could have played for a weak team in the PL and he would have faired much better, but now it seems like his talent has been wasted

Thats an excellent idea, cant imagine why that hasnt been thought of sooner. 

Maybe, just maybe, its because theres no such thing as guaranteed playing time. And when a player cant break through its «another pointless loan from the board». If Lewis-Baker was loaned to Palace last year and not given a look in, people would be up in arms. Cant win