Southampton vs Chelsea (PL) 28/12/14 KO: 14:05 GMT

IliyaKrostin

Another tough match, City still chasing us and we're in amazing form. Can't see us losing, hopefully all squad will be fit for this match. Southampton has lost to United and City, they must have problems against big teams. We should continue the winning line and can't see them stopping us. 

I'd say:

Courtois

Azpi

Cahill

Terry

Luis

Matic

Fabregas

Willian

Oscar

Hazard

Costa

I also would like to see Remy finally on the bench.

I could also see mikel playing in front of oscar and maybe Schurle for Willian. Some of the lads likely carrying knocks we don't know about as well.

What is the point in having a large talented squad if you don't use it. Especially when the games are so close to each other

Still this game is tough. Once again it's 1st v 4th so can't be regarded as easy, whereas citeh play burnley. Such a joke. Maybe pellegrino saying we would slip up was the steel the players needed. Let's take the fizz out of his bottle.

Clyne could be out. Bertrand definetly out because of loan. Think Hazard needs to play in that case if they have both of their first choice full backs missing.

I'll be really disappointed if we don't win this. I like Southampton but we should beat them.

Clyne could be out. Bertrand definetly out because of loan. Think Hazard needs to play in that case if they have both of their first choice full backs missing.

I'll be really disappointed if we don't win this. I like Southampton but we should beat them.

I'm not getting the logic. Why? Shouldn't it be the opposite? Hazard can be given a rest if they play with a weaker team. 

Hope that Southampton come out and play their usual game which I think will help us, not sure if they would know how to park the bus. I think they will be more cautious though as they got punished against City and utd.

Can see Jose starting with the same team that started against West Spam, or no more than two changes.

The fact they've recently played Arsenal, Man City, and United and this is our 2nd game in two days makes me think this will be a tough match and can't see a repeat of last season's 3-0 victory on their patch. Nonetheless can't see past a win for us. I think Haz will be rested.

Courtois

Brano - Cahill - JT - Felipe Luis

Fabregas - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Schurrle

Diego Costa

Southampton have done well because they are a good team who can hold the ball.

But when they come up against a team who holds more possession they do not look so good.

They will come under extreme pressure when they have the ball, and because they do like to play football, I can see us scoring a few on the break.

I'd like to see Remy involved, it would be a good fixture to bring him on and stretch his legs.

Archived