Hull City vs Chelsea (PL) 22/03/2015 KO: 16:00 GMT

axman2526

Just under 1 week before our next game. It is Hull, we should be beating sides like Hull if we are going to go on and win the title as Jose says we will.

Early days ahead of this one. Huge weekend coming up I feel, day before this City host WBA and Arsenal go to Newcastle. We will likely be 3 and 4 points respectively above them.

We need to start showing we can handle the pressure.

Come on Chelsea!

Need to win this one, no excuses.

I would like to see us go with this.

Courtois

Azpilicueta

Cahill

Terry

Luis

Zouma

Matic

Cuadrado

Fabregas

Hazard

Remy

Ivanovic should be on the bench, his positioning at RB is shocking most of the time and he leaves the position so open. I have been saying since the start of the season that most of the oppositions attacks have been from his side, they know he is our weak link defensively. He has big goals in him and he is an important player for us but from time to time he needs to be rotated. Luis deserves some games and we should put Azpilicueta in his natural position.

I would play Zouma in midfield, i don't trust Ramires to do a decent job for us, he's not good enough.

I don't like Fabregas playing behind the striker because i don't think he is as effective, but with Oscar and Willian being as poor as they are, i don't think anyone else could play there.

Cuadrado has looked poor so far but he is getting hardly any game time. Give him a run of 3 games and see how it goes. Willian offers us nothing going forward and defensively he get's outmuscled. Just like Ramires, he isn't good enough.

Remy in for Diego Costa. Remy needs a game.

no 'gimme' games from now on....tough fixture...pressure is on

No games are easy imo especially after adopting that tactic to take the lead and then try to be conservative. Plus Hull gave us quite some game at the Bridge.

I agree that any Premier League side deserves respect and the proper preparing before facing them.

However if we are going to go on to lift the title we are going to be facing more sides of the caliber and standing of Hull, Stoke, Palace etc than we are the very top sides now.  So, despite them being a potential tough opponent, as anyone could be, we need to be able to beat those sides. Respectfully, with the quality of players we have and the manager we have, there is little good reason why should not beat Hull.

If we cannot beat Hull and sides like them, then that wonderful scene of Liverpool looking on as we lift the title after playing them at the Bridge will become the same dream that evaporated in to a nightmare for Liverpool against us one year ago.

No excuses. Respect Hull, prepare for them properly. Any other outcome than us winning though would be a massive blow.

EDIT:

Ok at this moment in time I would like to see for this game a switch back to a 4-3-3 system with:

Tibo

Azpi

Zouma

JT

Luis

Ramires

Matic

Cesc

Cuadrado or Remy

Hazard

Costa

I wouldn't drop Costa he looked a lot sharper second half today and got his goal.

Plus no to Zouma in DMF, emergencies only

It's not dropping Diego Costa, it's giving a game to player who has been massively under used. A player who i feel could get us more goals if he was given more of a chance.

I also think Zouma would do a lot better than Ramires would. Zouma has only played a few games in midfield but he has had better games than Ramires has had when he has played in midifield this season.

We have scored 7 goals in our last 6 Premier League games............this is not good enough. Something needs changing. All it takes is a few more poor results from us and a few good results for City and they are right back in it.

Due to our continued, recent poor performances I think ALL Teams now fancy their chances against us.

Hull under SB will definitely be fired up.

Therefore, I think this may be yet another frustratingly, hard fought 1-1 draw ...

More points dropped and gap closes ...

Hope I'm wrong.

It's not dropping Diego Costa, it's giving a game to player who has been massively under used. A player who i feel could get us more goals if he was given more of a chance.

I also think Zouma would do a lot better than Ramires would. Zouma has only played a few games in midfield but he has had better games than Ramires has had when he has played in midifield this season.

We have scored 7 goals in our last 6 Premier League games............this is not good enough. Something needs changing. All it takes is a few more poor results from us and a few good results for City and they are right back in it.

Ramires played well today, I'd rather see him kerp his place

No way I wanna see zouma in midfield. He did okay, but nowhere near good enough in possession to start centre midfield for us on a regular basis.

I'd go with

Courtois

Azpi zouma Terry luis

Ramires matic fabregas

Remy costa hazard.

I think that Matic is still trying to play with a niggling injury, and I think that Cesc is gassed.  I'd rather see Ramires and Matic in the middle.

Cuadrado isn't going to suddenly start either.  Maybe we'll see Zouma

I have no idea why you are talking about exhaustion. We rested 2 of 5 weeks because of lack of FA matches. In Champions League we are out. The Christmas marathon is gone.

This is not excuse for our football. Our players don't have to be tired. And they are not. Fabregas was injured 2-3 weeks - he didn't play. Matic was suspended - he didn't play. Diego was suspended - didn't play. Oscar, Willian and Ramires was rotated. 

The only one who hasn't rested is Hazard. And he is the man in the shape. 

It's time to attack, to smash and to score goals. Many goals. No more excuses. 

0-5 

Archived