Chelsea v Stoke City (PL) - 05/03/16 KO 15:00 BST

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Stoke have managed to string a couple of wins together albeit only against Villa and Bournemouth. Before that they hadn't won in 6 games.

We have a CL match 4 days later. I fancy us for another win. The players need to perform well to build some confidence going into Wednesday after a shaky 2nd half at Norwich.

---------Tibo

Azpi-Cahill-Ivan-Baba

-----Mikel-Cesc

Traore-Willian-Hazard

--------Costa

Hopefully we can get a comfortable lead by the early stages of the 2nd half and substitute our crucial 1st teamers for PSG.

Edited by AlexTommo

For me:

Tibo

Azpi  Cahill  Ivan  Baba

Mikel RLC

Willian      Fab     Hazard

Traore

I want to see Costa rested before PSG because knowing Chelsea's luck this season he'll probably do his ACL or something. Whether he be replaced by Traore/Pato/Remy i'm not too fussy but i've chosen Traore because of his performances in recent weeks. 

Baba back in at LB. Kenedy was great getting forward last game but showed he isn't much of a defender. With Shaqiri down that wing we're gonna need someone that knows how to get a foot in. 

RLC in the middle with Mikel, but this coud also be Matic. Just adds a bit of a back bone in the middle against a team that can be dangerous on the attack if they show up. 

With PSG on the Wednesday I think we will see a few people rested and from Guus' recent comment I think RLC will get a start I also think he will have been impressed with Traore and Kenedy's performances and they will get a nod to start.

Tibo
Azpi Cahill Ivan Baba
         RLC  Mikel
Willian  Oscar  Kenedy
            Traore

A lot of youth I know and I don't imagine they will get the full game but with bigger priorities around the corner the youngsters will at least be thinking about the now and play there hearts out.

Stoke are tough opponents but I reckon we'll win this at home.

A victory here will mean that we have exceeded the 40-point mark and possibly go up to 7th place.

Looking forward to this game indeed.

Potentially tough game and it really depends on the club's priorities. I assume they'll think that the Champions League is all important so will probably rest players which means starts for players like Traore and Loftus-Cheek which is brilliant. 

Hazard is an interesting one. The guy's head just doesn't look right and if it's a fear of getting kicked that's stopping him playing like himself then the thought of going up against Bardsley might break him. Probably best to keep him for PSG because he might be keen to impress in that one.

Defensively though Stoke aren't up to much. No clean sheets in 5 and United and Everton both put 3 past them so I can see us scoring early and running away with it.

If we don't then they have players up top who can cause us problems. Shaqiri against Baba will be a massive test for the young man whilst Arnauotivic against Azpilicueta has the potential to be a terrible match-up. Dave's looked a bit shaky recently, and against Norwich Jerome gave him a few problems. I've been a fan of Arnautovic for a while and he is a unique player in this league, in some ways reminiscent of Thomas Muller and he's amongst the goals this season. That to me is where they're really dangerous. Also looking forward to seeing Imbula who I thought we should've been in for when we sold Ramires.

Stoke's season is over though and they can be put away quickly and easily if we're focussed from the very start. It's why I'd go with the youngsters who have something to prove.

-----------Courtois

Azpi  Ivanovic  Cahill  Rahman

------------Mikel

---Fabregas   Loftus-Cheek

Willian-----------------Kenedy

-----------Traore

It isn't until you try and make a team that you realise just how poor our midfield options are. The only other player I could choose from was Matic and I don't trust him so if you want to give a young player a game and protect him, you need to risk Fabregas and also hope Mikel is focussed. 

The league is inconsequential now. We have ensured that we won't be relegated. 

I'd rather go all out in the Champions League and the FA Cup. 

Pato
Kid 1 -- Kid 2 -- Kid 3 -- Kid 4
            Kid 5 -- Kid 6
      Kid 7 -- Kid 8 -- Kid 9
                 Kid 10

Let's put Pato in goal so he doesn't have to run around too much because of his fitness levels.

Yeah we should put out a second team, maybe even hand Pato his first start?

Stoke is a toughie but we're at home and even our second team should be enough to beat them. Let's not give up on the league just yet, let's win every single remaining game and see where we finish. Keep Costa, Willian and Fabregas on the bench in case things goes pear shaped!

If I were choosing the lineup, which of course I'm not, I'd be inclined to consider resting ALL the players who have been playing almost non-stop (e.g., Ivanovic, Fabregas, Costa, etc). We need them to be fully replenished for PSG and Everton. 

It was clear at PSG that in the second half our lads were close to "hitting the wall" as distance runners say. They didn't become lazy the second half, and it wasn't a matter of fitness. The body has its limits. 

A physio I know said that when you play a physical team, even if you don't get injured, your body gets so rattled and strained that the full physical and physiological recovery time can be up to double. Stoke has become less physical under Hughes, but it's still Stoke. 

PSG and Everton will have the luxury of sending out refreshed players. Our lads need to have a full tank in order to be competitive. 

------------Begovic

Aina-- Cahill-- Miazga --Baba

------Mikel-------RLC

Traore----Hazard----Pato

-------------Remy

Hazard and Cahill have had some time off recently, they should be fine fitness wise. Some of our players could do with a few extra days off, Bran, Willian, Cesc, Dave have all been playing every match it seems. Shout out to Aina who is out of contract this summer, give him a bit of time and hopefully he changes his mind

Kenedy has a slight groin problem thats why Baba came on , per Guus, so he won't feature

I'm sure Guus will want to try and get JT some minutes if he's available before PSG (off the bench?)

Prem still important so Diego will start imo

we owe them a good hiding please 

Thanks Feck this is at home.  But, based on recent lethargic performance, and Guus' comments, I'd imagine that we will see the likes of Baba, Kenedy, Traore, and RLC start.

Will be tough.

1-0, I hope