Kalidou Koulibaly

sign koulibaly and mahrez .... tell conte....our club chelsea is becoming a laughing stock..our rivals are strengthening.. @Capitancarloc

@MichyyBichyy Michy,I appreciate your desire to help,but rest assured, the Club is doing everything they can to build a competitive team.

I'm cringing!

3004322-9976099713-100.g.gif

I agree with Jon stokes, did I just write that. Bailley was so tough, competent and energetic. Sure just against Burnley, just one game but it illustrated how far off the level we are in defence.

Edited by ozboy

This Saga is winding me up a touch now. Why is it that we only seem to have 1 target?

Last year it was Stones (with a last minute bid for Marquinos) and this year KK. I know Marina plays hardball, but surely we should be putting other plans in place. We might well be doing so, but we didnt last season and ive not heard anything to suggest we are here too.

If the alternatives are players not good enough then I'd pass, last thing we need is a CB version of Baba.

Now we could be like Liverpool and scrape the barrel with bargain buys like Klavan or we could go for the best.

If rather fail going for the best than just settle for average sh*te just for the sake of getting business done early.

While I recognise that we need to sign a new CB, where would that leave Christensen next season? Would he come back if e.g Zouma & Koulibaly are starting? Could Zouma, Koulibaly & Christensen be a back 3?

On the other hand would Christensen want to come back to us if we miss out on Europe again and he has offers from some of the biggest clubs? Fact is we need to strengthen now for the upcoming season.

he would have to come back to us lol. If he can get first team football, which next season would be highly likely with terry aging and cahill just about good enough. we could use 3 at the back, or 4 with azpi, zouma, christensen and koulibaly (he we get him) at rb.  

he would have to come back to us lol. If he can get first team football, which next season would be highly likely with terry aging and cahill just about good enough. we could use 3 at the back, or 4 with azpi, zouma, christensen and koulibaly (he we get him) at rb.  

He wouldn't have to. Player power is immense. If Andreas wanted to move he could easily force his way out.

He wouldn't have to. Player power is immense. If Andreas wanted to move he could easily force his way out.

He signed a new contract before going out on loan.

He can try but if we don't want to sell there is little he can do. I think playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe in the best league in Europe would trump where he is now.

Like we saw with De Gea or John Stones last summer? If the club puts its foot down he wont have an option.

If he has a good season again, his price would be closer to £50m next summer. How many clubs are there that will want to pay that much.

I am increasingly sure we are getting him and a deal is in place waiting for Napoli to get Maksimovic.

No way that the club make the same mistake two seasons in a row.

Like we saw with De Gea or John Stones last summer? If the club puts its foot down he wont have an option.

If he has a good season again, his price would be closer to £50m next summer. How many clubs are there that will want to pay that much.

Much the same with Ronaldo back in '09, Stones this summer, Suarez (after he signed a new contract), Gallas, Sterling (just signed a new contract).

If a player wants to leave and another club offers enough money it's going to be hard to stop anyone leaving. 

Much the same with Ronaldo back in '09, Stones this summer, Suarez (after he signed a new contract), Gallas, Sterling (just signed a new contract).

If a player wants to leave and another club offers enough money it's going to be hard to stop anyone leaving. 

Well liverpool are a small club and Gallas could not get into our team, so you have two examples in Ronaldo and sterling. One went for a world record transfer and other went for twice of what he was really worth.

Which clubs will offer enough money to pry away one of out star home-grown defenders and at what price will we become willing to sell him given he has a contract till 2020?

Well liverpool are a small club and Gallas could not get into our team, so you have two examples in Ronaldo and sterling. One went for a world record transfer and other went for twice of what he was really worth.

Which clubs will offer enough money to pry away one of out star home-grown defenders and at what price will we become willing to sell him given he has a contract till 2020?

Your point was we have a contract so he can't leave. Chelsea are a small club in comparison to Barcelona, they could then get Christensen if they wanted.

Gallas made 44 appearances they year before he left. Hardly 'not getting in our team'.

Do you think it could be one of those you can have him but we have to find a replacement first type deals?

Could be Bobby but that's a risky way to go about your targets because if they don't find anyone then you are left with 2 weeks before the window shuts and no further forward in the CB search.

I'd hope we have our fingers in a few pies and don't have to rely on last seasons panic buying which was a complete disaster.

Could be Bobby but that's a risky way to go about your targets because if they don't find anyone then you are left with 2 weeks before the window shuts and no further forward in the CB search.

I'd hope we have our fingers in a few pies and don't have to rely on last seasons panic buying which was a complete disaster.

It is indeed mate but wouldn't shock me were it the case.

If the alternatives are players not good enough then I'd pass, last thing we need is a CB version of Baba.

Now we could be like Liverpool and scrape the barrel with bargain buys like Klavan or we could go for the best.

If rather fail going for the best than just settle for average sh*te just for the sake of getting business done early.

I agree no need to buy for the sake of it. 

But considering there clearly is a large fund for us to bring in a defender, surely we can identify 3-4 targets, all of which are deemed World Class and an improvement to our team. The amount of money we are talking about spending on KK, would buy us a Top Class CB. If there is £40-£50m there, surely we can indentify similar targets. This wouldnt be scraping the barrel.

Your point was we have a contract so he can't leave. Chelsea are a small club in comparison to Barcelona, they could then get Christensen if they wanted.

Gallas made 44 appearances they year before he left. Hardly 'not getting in our team'.

Its unlikley that Barcelona (or madrid or PSG) would be able to afford him. Sure they may be able to buy him off of us but the fees will be way too big to make any sense.

Gallas wanted to play CB and could not get ino the team ahead of Terry and Carvalho. So yeah its fair to say he could not get into the team.

I agree no need to buy for the sake of it.

But considering there clearly is a large fund for us to bring in a defender, surely we can identify 3-4 targets, all of which are deemed World Class and an improvement to our team. The amount of money we are talking about spending on KK, would buy us a Top Class CB. If there is £40-£50m there, surely we can indentify similar targets. This wouldnt be scraping the barrel.

What world class CB is available? The board cant just invent one