World Cup 2018 Qualifiers

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Ive never really though of Lampard as a streak scorer, is there evidence he was? I can remember him starting slowly a few seasons though.

That's a better way to put it. I saw his slow starts as poor streaks that happened to be at the beginning of the season. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone watch the Italy Spain 1:1 last night ? 

I watched it with interest to see who Conte might be interested in from the Italian squad more than anything. It wasn't a great match but of course a million miles away form the quality that England can produce at the moment.

Anyway Linked to Bonucci at CB  - did okay, looks okay. The whole Italian defense looked a little slow to me and we clearly need some pace so that would be a bit of a worry. However they would have kept a clean sheet if it wasn't for a howler from Buffon

Imobille came on for Italy in the second half, he is a strange one for me as he is a bit of a journey man footballer. However he really caused Spain some problems and turned the game just through his tenacity, never really considered him in the past but I think he would be a really pain in the arse to the opposition in the premier league, maybe.

And of course for Spain,  there was this great forward Deigo Costa I think his name was, didn't score but upset everyone around him - brilliant :-)

Well, that was a pretty sh*te game. All England could manage was a 2-0 win at home against Malta........it's Malta. England are just so uninspiring pretty much every time they play. Seeing Rooney play in midfield pass the ball side to side is just painful. To be honest, just watching England play any kind of passing and moving game is painful, they are just so bad at the basics. It's like as soon as they put an England top on, they forget how to play the game.

Edited by Scott Harris

Had the good fortune to be in Belfast for the game against San Marino last night. Great way to mark the new national stadium, a comfortable win, 4 goals, some great football from  Steven Davis in particular. The Green and White Army in fine voice. Bring on the Germans!

On 10/9/2016 at 01:57, Scott Harris said:

Well, that was a pretty sh*te game. All England could manage was a 2-0 win at home against Malta........it's Malta. England are just so uninspiring pretty much every time they play. Seeing Rooney play in midfield pass the ball side to side is just painful. To be honest, just watching England play any kind of passing and moving game is painful, they are just so bad at the basics. It's like as soon as they put an England top on, they forget how to play the game.

New coach or not they're like that. SMH

Was at the Ireland v Georgia game last thursday, absolutely sh*te match against a team we should have been beating by two or three goals, and to top it all off, they weren't selling booze in the stadium, which compounded everyone's misery. However with Wales drawing against them, our scrappy 1-0 win was definitely a plus, and has us sitting pretty in the group. The Maldova game was pretty rubbish as well, but on the whole we probably deserved the two goal margin, even though again, couldn't string three or four passes together in the opposition half. Anyway, onwards and upwards, looking forward to the next two matches which are big ones against Austria and Wales. One win our of those two and we'll be looking pretty good. 

3 hours ago, RMCM said:

Was at the Ireland v Georgia game last thursday, absolutely sh*te match against a team we should have been beating by two or three goals, and to top it all off, they weren't selling booze in the stadium, which compounded everyone's misery. However with Wales drawing against them, our scrappy 1-0 win was definitely a plus, and has us sitting pretty in the group. The Maldova game was pretty rubbish as well, but on the whole we probably deserved the two goal margin, even though again, couldn't string three or four passes together in the opposition half. Anyway, onwards and upwards, looking forward to the next two matches which are big ones against Austria and Wales. One win our of those two and we'll be looking pretty good. 

I wouldn't say that we should be beating Georgia by a large margin. They've always given us a tough game, and beating Spain 1-0 and drawing with Wales shows Georgia are no pushovers. Hopefully they'll do us a favour again in this campaign!

I'm fed up with all of the praise Stones get's. So far, he is closer to being as bad as Titus Bramble than he is to being as good as someone like Terry. Stones was terrible for England last night, he was all over the place defensively and his passing out of defence is so overrated. People in this country act like passing out of defence is some sort of amazing achievement for a CB when it isn't.

He is more error prone than David Luiz, the difference is that David Luiz get's ripped apart for it.