Deadline Day Drama

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Argo said:

So by my reckoning the bench by looking at that lineup will be 7 of this 8.

Caballero, Moses, Andreas, Cahill, Cesc, Drinky, Willian, Bats. I would say that's ahead of our average, enough for 4 comps? Probably not but it'sstreets ahead of last season's. We actually have wingback cover, replacement CB's who actually fit the system and im my book we have upgraded with back up keeper and number 4 CM. 

We weren't in Europe last season. We didn't require a big squad even although conte said he'd like more back then.

We now have CL football and have let go ofidfield options such as Matic, Chabolah, RLC and only brought in Bakayoko (Drinkwater if it's done although he like Baka isn't  fit) so already we are down on midfield options. Up top we have 2 strikers because Costa is somewhere in Brazil playing Beach volleyball. Our third option is?.... We are basically praying Morata plays all season without injury or poor form.

We have around 9 games at least you would think in Europe depending on what happens in terms of progression to latter rounds or Europa worst case squeezed into midweek before league games. More games means more rotation, bigger risk of injury and what not. It's simply poor  planning by the board that out of the top 5 clubs who will be up there we have the smallest squad in terms of numbers of senior players. 

Usually title winning sides strive to improve their squad and starting 11 but it seems like so often we at Chelsea have been left stationary instead. The same excuses were used in 2015 so it's tiresome going over it again tbh 

23 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

Hmm, which is better?

startin 11.png

Our first 11 is better this season. Bakayoko is an improvement on Matic, same with Rudiger and Cahill. It's just our depth I worry about now we have the extra games with playing CL matches. Our squad is far too thin. Hope we have no injuries, otherwise we'll struggle.

9 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

Sooo who are we going for in January then?

I still think Barkley could be on. As it stands, it's being said he has rejected us, i'm not 100% convinced by this though. I think we had something agreed with him, but with him being injured, we think we can get him cheaper in January. Barkley can't just come out and say "i'll join Chelsea for cheap in January" that wouldn't go down well with Everton. It's pure guess work on my part though and i wouldn't be surprised if he is a Tottenham player in January.

I still think Barkley could be on. As it stands, it's being said he has rejected us, i'm not 100% convinced by this though. I think we had something agreed with him, but with him being injured, we think we can get him cheaper in January. Barkley can't just come out and say "i'll join Chelsea for cheap in January" that wouldn't go down well with Everton. It's pure guess work on my part though and i wouldn't be surprised if he is a Tottenham player in January.

Might be some truth in that.
IMG_0812.PNG

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I feel this could be right.  I find the whole thing strange, I mean what kind of medical could a guy who can't play football for 3 months with an hamstring injury do?

I'm not saying zappacosta all season if I can't have zippy at least zappy? But I'm wondering if he will challenge VM right away or be on the bench until there is a problem, also wonder if he can play on the left side.

To be fair if he is any good, we have basically 4 wingbacks if you factor in Dave if necessity calls and even Rudiger can play as a fullback,  I'm starting to think with the adaptability of players like luiz, Dave, Christensen and Rudiger we can will get by fine, if anything I think we are short of attacking options. 

2 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I'm not saying zappacosta all season if I can't have zippy at least zappy? But I'm wondering if he will challenge VM right away or be on the bench until there is a problem, also wonder if he can play on the left side.

To be fair if he is any good, we have basically 4 wingbacks if you factor in Dave if necessity calls and even Rudiger can play as a fullback,  I'm starting to think with the adaptability of players like luiz, Dave, Christensen and Rudiger we can will get by fine, if anything I think we are short of attacking options. 

If we get Costa back then it will be much better !!

Edited by fun2sh

1 minute ago, DonAntonio said:

The adaptability of our players is a plus, the problem is when you get injuries to your adaptable players.  If Luiz and Dave gets injured we've less cover for their main position and the ones they can play.

So we bought 4 good players,  got Anders back.... and Matic who was starting less and less and wanted to leave has gone, maybe replaced by someone better.. plus Hazard stayed.  Good window.    :@)                              plus little Hazard. Not sure if that's good or not ?  

Edited by guddy69

46 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

"Hello, can I have 2 Fish Fillets and some chips please?"
"How about 1 fish fillet?"
"What?"
"Fine, 1 1/2 fish fillets"
"No, I want 2 fish fillets and chips"
"How about 1 fish fillet and Michy Batshuayi"
"What are you even talking about?"
"Can we loan you the chips?"
"Screw this, I'm leaving"

Hilarious, mate. Put me in a slightly better mood. I missed the last couple of hours... Fell asleep only to catch up with the nothing much that happened.

18 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Its not like they had him for a medical. We had him and let him slip through our fingers. Not that i am mad though RLC is def gonna  be better than barkley

Some reports stating there was no medical. Will have to wait and see if that's true.

I just signed up, so new here, about to go to bed but wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the whole transfer debacle. 
(1) Players signed are upgrades without a doubt.
(2) But with CL this year there is no way the squad is big enough. We got lucky last year on injuries, also a lack of CL. 
(3) Why did the board not done and dust the squad players by the end of June and none of this nonsense of leaving it up the last minute to get 2 out 4 targets?
(4) A lack of depth I can't see us competing with UTD and City this year. 
(5) How the f>>k did we get mugged by Spurs, Pool and Utd on players we had in the bag? Spurs? WTF! 

I'm not optimistic about this season. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd hate to lose Conte over a lack of signings if it all goes pear shaped. He doesn't look happy about the situation. Just wanted to vent before I hit the sack for some Z's. 

8 minutes ago, guddy69 said:

So we bought 4 good players,  got Anders back.... and Matic who was starting less and less and wanted to leave has gone, maybe replaced by someone better.. plus Hazard stayed.  Good window.    :@)                              plus little Hazard. Not sure if that's good or not ?  

Hazards brother was brought because of Eden, he's in his 20's and done very little in football.