Deadline Day Drama

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Just now, Chelsbear said:

Sandro too

Oh yeah, make that seven then......SEVEN in one window !!

Never seen anything like it, not even mid table and relegation threatened teams struggle this much......and we are Champions for f**k sake.

People can try and swing this any way they like, but the fact is the board has f**ked up in this window on multiple occasion's. We have gazumped deals against United, Tottenham and Liverpool over the years, now it's like they have all done the same to us in one window.

Doesn't feel good to be rejected by Ox and Barkley but on the other hand, are they any better than what we got? Would they really challenge for places? 

I think part of our problem is that our first XI is so strong some players don't believe they have what it takes to break into the team.

At least that's what I will be saying to anyone who laughs at Chelsea tomorrow! 

Emenalo: What do you want Conte?
*Looks at photo of Diego in Atletico kit.
Conte: Grrr, I WANT TO ZAP A COSTA!
Emenalo: No problem bruv 
*12 hours later
Conte: Who the hell is this?
Emenalo: Zappacosta mate, can't say I don't give you what you want. 

Edited by TomCFC85

If zippy and drinkwater are confirmed I suppose we got what we needed WB cover and CM, our other 3 signings were good it's not an atrocious window to be fair it's actually pretty good but you know, I want a little jazz, a little pizazz I was hoping to be amongst the big names, well it is what it is, at least the transfer window is shut, it's a relief to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, dhidza said:

i woul take the new squad!!!   we still have moses and cahill.  only matic out is out and costa.  but we have christensen and bakayoko and rudiger in.  also the confirmed zapacosta.  id take the new squad any day

I think we have a brilliant team, most of the players we never got except for Sandro weren't that exciting anyway and the ones we did get look great already..  I am.happy.

13 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Not much difference but if you compare benches them I think it would be another matter 

So by my reckoning the bench by looking at that lineup will be 7 of this 8.

Caballero, Moses, Andreas, Cahill, Cesc, Drinky, Willian, Bats. I would say that's ahead of our average bench last term, enough for 4 comps? Probably not but it'sstreets ahead of last season's. We actually have wingback cover, replacement CB's who actually fit the system and im my book we have upgraded with back up keeper and number 4 CM. 

Edited by Argo

Just now, guddy69 said:

I think we have a brilliant team, most of the players we never got except for Sandro weren't that exciting anyway and the ones we did get look great already..  I am.happy.

This is the definition of positivity. Glad that we didn't get the players we went for because they're sh!t. There is a crazy logic to this tbh. Good post.

"Hello, can I have 2 Fish Fillets and some chips please?"
"How about 1 fish fillet?"
"What?"
"Fine, 1 1/2 fish fillets"
"No, I want 2 fish fillets and chips"
"How about 1 fish fillet and Michy Batshuayi"
"What are you even talking about?"
"Can we loan you the chips?"
"Screw this, I'm leaving"

HAHAHAHA
At least you've been on top form during this transfer window (not implying that your not on form during the season lol)
Can't say the same for the board... bunch of jokers

8 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

If zippy and drinkwater are confirmed I suppose we got what we needed WB cover and CM, our other 3 signings were good it's not an atrocious window to be fair it's actually pretty good but you know, I want a little jazz, a little pizazz I was hoping to be amongst the big names, well it is what it is, at least the transfer window is shut, it's a relief to be honest. 

Zappy has been confrimed and I think Drinkwater will also be confirmed.  The picture is this - we swapped Matic for Bakayoko and I think we did well on this move.  Costa was exiled and we got Morata and I think Morata will get the same if not more goals!  We bought Rudiger and got Christensen back.  We have Musonda and Kennedy as well for the capital one cup and FA cup.  I think we did pretty well this window in all honesty and we should be just fine.  I think our squad has improved and wait till the international break is over, I was against Martinez calling Eden but I actually think it was the right move cause he is gaining fitness against weak side (Gibraltor) and will return to Chelsea fit for the Leicester game.  I am actually excited for this season!  Of course we missed some targets - but I am happy we didnt sign barkley and oxlade, we had matching quality in RLC already so I am glad we didnt take this excess bargage!

Our squad is actually quite solid if you look at it!  

the bench will be like Moses Cahill Willian Basthuayi Caballero Christensen/Rudiger Drinkwater

Come on Chelsea!!