Atletico Madrid Vs Chelsea (CL) Wed 27 Sep 2017 KO 19:45 GMT

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

What are you struggling with here? Fabregas is not playing on the wing. We're playing with three in the centre of the park. 

Change to a two and against strong sides we'll be cut through. 

Cesc is replacing the wing Pedro/Willian etc

TBH I eve think Batman is abetter fit than Morata for this game 

Fabregas as a wing I thought that was a joke
Replace him by Pedro
or they will double their lead
I think Luis is very uncomfortable playing with Cahill at the Back

I wonder how comfortable Cahill and Azpilicueta are playing with Luis at the back right now.

7 minutes ago, charierre said:

We've played well, Conte spot on with his tactics and then the idiot strikes

That "idiot" is a Chelsea player

It's completely fine to be upset at what was a dumb move on his part. But true supporters don't namecall their own players

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

Luiz was at fault but the criticism on here is absurd. He's been a rock for us since he signed, no player is free from those sort of things. It's football 

we should have taken our chances, you can't expect to dominate the play and waste several great opportunities and not regret it playing a side this good. 

I agree. These are games where we should be as clinical as possible. Fine margins and all that

People saying get Fabregas off are out of their minds. His role means Bakayoko and Kante can control that midfield, that is a major reason why we looked so in control in the first half. We cut off most of Atletico Madrid's attacks. Take him off for Pedro and that would mean that all Atletico Madrid would have to do is wait for one of Bakayoko or Kante to push up and they can play a ball through.

4 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Also, from the moment the penalty was given, Luiz has been all over the place. He's been constantly out of position and that chance they had at the end, he was jogging back with his back to the ball when they were running at the box, then half-heartedly closed it down. I don't know what's going on, but he's lost his head.

Spot onZeta. This happens with him. Makes a bad mistake, his head goes and he loses the plot. It was a stupid error caused by how completely rubbish he is at marking. But he needs to box it and get back to how he was playing because up till that point he was good.

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

Luiz was at fault but the criticism on here is absurd. He's been a rock for us since he signed, no player is free from those sort of things. It's football 

we should have taken our chances, you can't expect to dominate the play and waste several great opportunities and not regret it playing a side this good. 

He has been great last season, but in his last 2 games he's given away a needless penalty, and got himself a 3 game ban for a ridiculous tackle. He is supposed to be a leader for us, but these errors are schoolboy, so I think the criticism is fair. 

Just now, Qaz said:

That "idiot" is a Chelsea player

It's completely fine to be upset at what was a dumb move on his part. But true supporters don't namecall their own players

He was an idiot wether a Chelsea player of not. 100% a penalty I only wish more would be given for same offence, defend proper in future.

3 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

He is but these brain farts have plagued his entire career, he's late 20's now and it's still happening all to frequently. When you have a player like Christensen who so far hasn't put a foot wrong since he started getting game time, Luiz needs to be looking over his shoulder.

Just now, charierre said:

He was an idiot wether a Chelsea player of not. 100% a penalty I only wish more would be given for same offence, defend proper in future.

It was an idiotic act. Calling him an idiot though is not something a self respecting Chelsea fan should do