We've got a new Kepa

Zeta
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Yeah but he's young, he's going to develop, keepers dont become world class until they are in their 30s, none of the goals were his fault, why don't you try being a keeper in front of that defence. 

Get rid. Hes sh*t. 

Kepa had no chance for goal 2 or 3 last night, i doubt any other goal keeper would have done anything else. He also saved us when 1v1 against Antonio at one point. We need to worry about our defence before we consider taking a hit on Kepa and upgrading there.

If we swap him now we have a world class keeper conceding the same goals and the finger of blame being pointed at them.

I as a defender on corners wouldn't be happy with him in goal. Did he ever catch it mid air, punch away or control his area? 

It's like he put on the wrong kit and he is the most expensive goalie. I know the price tag is not his fault but come on, you would expect he gets better with time but no. 

Cant hear the phrase "for X goal he could not possible saved it". When was the last time he truly made a world class save, not many for sure.

I have seen some truly horrifying stats on Kepa circulating on Twitter today. Stats don’t always tell the whole story which I get, but the eye test alone is enough to see he is simply not good enough.

I recall Rob Green doing an interview where he said that Kepa carries his price tag around with him, and IIRC he gave the impression that he was quite arrogant about it. His behaviour in the League Cup final alone should have been enough to set alarm bells ringing.

Quite simply he is not good enough. His save percentage is awful, he doesn’t command his area and somehow he’s the most expensive goalkeeper in the history of football. I haven’t seen many stats in relation to his distribution, which could be his only saving grace. Again, based on the eye test alone I don’t think he’s particularly great with the ball at his feet. 

All in all he’s absolutely bloody awful. We will never recoup the money we spent on him, and we should sell him before things get any worse. I understand the club won’t want to cut their losses on him so soon but he is never going to improve. I can’t recall a player in the last 15 years I wanted to see the back of so badly.

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Kepa had no chance for goal 2 or 3 last night, i doubt any other goal keeper would have done anything else. He also saved us when 1v1 against Antonio at one point. We need to worry about our defence before we consider taking a hit on Kepa and upgrading there.

If we swap him now we have a world class keeper conceding the same goals and the finger of blame being pointed at them.

Keepers are meant to save shots. He doesn't save enough. 

He was at fault for the first two goals (I'm counting the goal disallowed). Any goal that goes in off a corner for me is always the fault of a keeper + one defender. He martials the defence, he is in charge of his 6 yard area. It is his responsibility. 

I'm tired of people making excuses. He's not good enough. 

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

Keepers are meant to save shots. He doesn't save enough. 

He was at fault for the first two goals (I'm counting the goal disallowed). Any goal that goes in off a corner for me is always the fault of a keeper + one defender. He martials the defence, he is in charge of his 6 yard area. It is his responsibility. 

I'm tired of people making excuses. He's not good enough. 

What's he meant to do if Azpi is weak as piss and Tammy can't clear a ball coming straight at him? 

Stick Alisson in net and everyone will still be moaning as he'll be conceding 2 or 3 a game with the absolute shambolic defence in front of him. Look what happened to Petr Cech when he went to Arsenal and no longer had Terry in front of him. Errors every other game. 

5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

He also saved us when 1v1 against Antonio at one point.

He was late as usual and it was extremely lucky not to get punished. 

The same situation 1 week ago but it was Sterling and got saved by the bar. 

So yeah, even for a short goalie, with bad footwork, low percentage of savings, can't command defense, bad at set pieces and sh*tty mentality on top of all of that, he is not even agile and quick in situations like these.

Yeah, pretty much Christensen situation. Can't be explained. 

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

What's he meant to do if Azpi is weak as piss and Tammy can't clear a ball coming straight at him? 

Stick Alisson in net and everyone will still be moaning as he'll be conceding 2 or 3 a game with the absolute shambolic defence in front of him. Look what happened to Petr Cech when he went to Arsenal and no longer had Terry in front of him. Errors every other game. 

Did you seriously compare one of the greatest goalies of 21th century with this arrogant piece of work? You can have Petr for 10 more seasons like these with Arsenal, Kepa will never catch up. 

Backed him through everything and thought he’d eventually show why we forked out 70m+ on him but honestly he really is absolute dross..

The defence doesn’t help him and they all need replacing but he Doesn’t come out and claim crosses which put them under pressure, he flaps at everything, supposedly shot stopping is his best attribute well he’s not good at that either. Would cut losses and sell him ASAP.

47 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Did you seriously compare one of the greatest goalies of 21th century with this arrogant piece of work? You can have Petr for 10 more seasons like these with Arsenal, Kepa will never catch up. 

Can't take you seriously when you start calling him arrogant and pretending like you know him as a person. You speak to him much? He got benched for Caballero and didn't complain a peep.

Edited by Stim

41 minutes ago, Stim said:

Can't take you seriously when you start calling him arrogant and pretending like you know him as a person. You speak to him much? He got benched for Caballero and didn't complain a peep.

Nope, but most people here haven't met the players from academy yet they speak very kindly of them. 

I don't need to speak to him in person, he embarrassed himself in front of millions. But what is most important, he embarrassed his coach, his friend so-called captain, and the club. 

So nice try anyway, but I couldn't care less about meeting such a persona. 

Edited by Droopy

At the start of the season they said you won’t win anything playing the kids I beg to differ and change it to you won’t win anything playing that back 4 and keeper 

if the club is serious about challenging City & the dippers then a new defence and goalkeeper is needed. Maguire may not be worth all that dosh but even he is clearly an upgrade on the dross we saw yesterday. Need a leader back there either a center half a la JT VVD etc or a keeper that commands his box currently we have neither and are thus always vulnerable to what we saw yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Nope, but most people here haven't met the players from academy yet they speak very kindly of them. 

I don't need to speak to him in person, he embarrassed himself in front of millions. But what is most important, he embarrassed his coach, his friend so-called captain, and the club. 

So nice try anyway, but I couldn't care less about meeting such a persona. 

You obviously weren't around during the rumoured transfer of Hudson-Odoi to Bayern, or the times when Christensen didn't cover himself with defensive glory, or when Mount broke the lockdown rules. Need I go on?

Kepa got slated for refusing to be subbed off, and Lampard prabably clipped his ear for it. It was highly unprofessional, he made a mistake. But we have no idea what he's like as a person, so deducing he is "this arrogant piece of work" is quite a stretch. Can we just focus on his performance?

57 minutes ago, Valerie said:

You obviously weren't around during the rumoured transfer of Hudson-Odoi to Bayern, or the times when Christensen didn't cover himself with defensive glory, or when Mount broke the lockdown rules. Need I go on?

Kepa got slated for refusing to be subbed off, and Lampard prabably clipped his ear for it. It was highly unprofessional, he made a mistake. But we have no idea what he's like as a person, so deducing he is "this arrogant piece of work" is quite a stretch. Can we just focus on his performance?

Yep, I can.

His performance is sh*t!

2 hours ago, Droopy said:

Read what i'm saying rather than jumping to conclusions you numpty. What's the point of buying a top keeper with a sh*t defence. Any GK in our net is conceding multiple goals a game with Rudiger and Alonso in front of him. 

42 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Read what i'm saying rather than jumping to conclusions you numpty. What's the point of buying a top keeper with a sh*t defence. Any GK in our net is conceding multiple goals a game with Rudiger and Alonso in front of him. 

You say that and I agree to an extent but it works both ways. Just as a keeper could do with better defenders in front of him, the defence would gain confidence in having a better, more commanding keeper behind them.

The sorry truth is, NONE of them are good enough and we need replacements.

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

De Gea had 3 seasons with worse defense in front of him and he made some incredible stops.  I don't see any from Kepa. The sh*tty defense gives him a chance to shine, instead of making good stops he constantly concedes stupid goals. 

12 minutes ago, Droopy said:

De Gea had 3 seasons with worse defense in front of him and he made some incredible stops.  I don't see any from Kepa. The sh*tty defense gives him a chance to shine, instead of making good stops he constantly concedes stupid goals. 

I find very disturbing your obsessions with these young skinny lads with no facial hair. That's not good man. 

Come on big man, what are you trying to insinuate with that one? Say it with your chest and drop your location while you're at it. 

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

You say that and I agree to an extent but it works both ways. Just as a keeper could do with better defenders in front of him, the defence would gain confidence in having a better, more commanding keeper behind them.

The sorry truth is, NONE of them are good enough and we need replacements.

Who's getting replaced first though, the £70m gk with 5 years left on his contract.

Or Rudiger, Christensen and Alonso who are all coming to the end of their contracts and never been solid defensively. We have to choose where we upgrade first, we aren't chucking £200m at our defence in one window.