Tottenham V Chelsea (PL) Sat 24th Nov 17:30 UK

coco

I have a feeling this game could make or break this season. Either we brush off spuds from the top 3 spot and get confidence going forward and make a great sequence of results, or they bring us the first defeat in the season and doubts start to gloom over the squad and we start dropping points left and right...

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I have a feeling this game could make or break this season. Either we brush off spuds from the top 3 spot and get confidence going forward and make a great sequence of results, or they bring us the first defeat in the season and doubts start to gloom over the squad and we start dropping points left and right...

Could well happen......good teams get up fast and quick after a draw or defeat so you never know. But a defeat vs these c**ts is not good. It never is.......and they will most likely get their injured players back by then so a huge effort is needed......we want fight and passion. Start the way we have these past games and we are likely done for.........its f**king spurs, a win is crucial for our top 4 and confidence. Ohh and expect the ref to f**k us over......put Money on it.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

"Its the wrong type of GRASS!!!!!!!!!" sob sob....what a d**khead.

I hope we play better than they do, no matter the result, then if we lose we can expect to hear Jermaine post-match waxing lyrical about how unlucky we were and the Spuds "didn't deserve that".

We need a bit of variation in our team.  It's concerning how when Jorginho gets pressed - Chelsea can't really perform.  Overall I'm happy with the direction we are going but I think we can do better in big games against top 6 playing Kante at CDM and gaining the most defensive value from him.  

Kepa

Azpi Rud Luiz Alonso

Kante

Cesc     Kovacic

Willian   Morata   Hazard

Against weaker sides we can use Jorginho and rest Kante cause we can attack better with guys like Barkley and Loftus Cheek instead on having Kante as CAM.

20 hours ago, dhidza said:

We need a bit of variation in our team.  It's concerning how when Jorginho gets pressed - Chelsea can't really perform.  Overall I'm happy with the direction we are going but I think we can do better in big games against top 6 playing Kante at CDM and gaining the most defensive value from him.  

Kepa

Azpi Rud Luiz Alonso

Kante

Cesc     Kovacic

Willian   Morata   Hazard

Against weaker sides we can use Jorginho and rest Kante cause we can attack better with guys like Barkley and Loftus Cheek instead on having Kante as CAM.

So you think Kante can bring the ball out from defence?

I think might what might be better is when Kovacic and Luiz are closed down Kante moves into space to receive the ball rather than switch roles.

5 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Kepa
Dave    Rudi   Luiz    Alonso
       Kante       Jorginho
Pedro      Barkley   Hazard
               Morata

I would switch from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 just for this game.

I really believe this formation should be tried, we have the players for it and Kante can do his magic.

29 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Jermaine Jenas in the huff after we beat Spuds 4-2 at Wembley in the FA Cup Semi Final in 2017.

Funny !

The all time Premier leagues top scorer, sat next to the Premier leagues all time scoring midfielder,..........and Jermaine

28 minutes ago, coco said:

The all time Premier leagues top scorer, sat next to the Premier leagues all time scoring midfielder,..........and Jermaine

I love Lamps at the end 'When you think you've played well and you get beaten 4-2, that's when I'd be upset' :biggrin:

This game is more important than simply a season decider ... It will define how we would be playing under Sarri for as long as he's in charge imo. Therefore a win will be a very encouraging sign for the future if we win with Sarriball. Otherwise, it's a jump into the unknown !!

This is the biggest game of the season for me - I cannot stand them. Horrible team and fans. They've really upped their game against us the past few seasons, Kane, Eriksen and Dele Alli play like men possessed. It pains me to say it, but Eriksen really is a great player, and he's the one that makes them tick. We'll need to try and keep him quiet. We're the better team, so if we get our line-up/tactics right we win this. 

My team:

Kepa

Azpi
Rudi
Luiz
Alonso

Jorginho
Kante
Kovacic (hopefully he's fit)

Pedro
Hazard
Morata

I'd play RLC over Barkley if Kovacic isn't fit as he retains the ball better than Barkley for me. I think Barkley is a bit more prone to getting caught in possession against attacking/pressing teams - although he is more clinical for us in the final 3rd.

Nervous for this one already - come on the Chels!

Archived