coco

Chelsea vs Arsenal (EL FINAL) Wed 29th May 20:00 GMT

1 minute ago, enigma said:

Nizaar was saying that Kante was lightly training, but not holding out lots of hope he will play. 

looks like Kante is training with the main team now

D7q500fXoAAAd3c.jpg

20 minutes ago, charierre said:

Returned to dressing room shortly after starting according to BT.

Sarri stormed off training pitch shortly after following incident between Luiz and Higuain.

@ForeverCarefree thanks for video. That was the end of the incident he had thrown his cap a few times on the way off. 

incidents like this cast doubt on my mind is he the right man for the job? Similar to the Kepa incident , your the manager show your authority to the players and don't act like a spoilt child.

10 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I was just about to post that video - did you notice how the talking heads immediately started to criticize Don Maurizio? 

Is there actually any context? 

Hopefully there is nothing much to it, barring a little bit of handbags. 

This could be the reason Sarri is pissed: 

Well, looks like everyone just prefers to get on with the summer and some move along elsewhere. I hope we do not just show up and nothing more. Would be a sad end. 

Would like to see us really play well as in the League Cup vs City but am feeling more and more this will be the squad that lost to City at the Etihad by 6.

Come on you Chelsea, fight for the Blue Flag and crest on the shirt!

Apparently Arsenal have scheduled a victory parade for Friday, and released the details.

We have no plans for a parade if we win.

Thanks for that little bit of extra motivation, Arsenal.  And this shows the difference in mentality between a team that has won consistently, and one that has existed in mediocrity for years.

4 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Apparently Arsenal have scheduled a victory parade for Friday, and released the details.

We have no plans for a parade if we win.

Thanks for that little bit of extra motivation, Arsenal.  And this shows the difference in mentality between a team that has won consistently, and one that has existed in mediocrity for years.

Let’s hope we screw it up for them, and they don’t get a refund for cancelling the bus.

or will they still have the parade to celebrate 5th place in the premier league and reaching a European final? 🤣

This whole set up is like a Sunday league side compared to our warriors of 2012. All we can hope for is that the players wake up tomorrow  and want to fight for the trophy. 

32 minutes ago, Shug said:

Let’s hope we screw it up for them, and they don’t get a refund for cancelling the bus.

or will they still have the parade to celebrate 5th place in the premier league and reaching a European final? 🤣

They can have a "we finished in 2nd place" parade.  Oh wait...….Liverpool do that...…...

Posted (edited)

I have booked a day off, paid $ 2.99 to stream the match in at home. Don't know what to expect from us re the lack of mid fielders, RLC & Kante. Up top they look slightly better although we have the wild card our # 10. Mid field would say they edge it just even wo Ramsey & Mikitarian. Defences are equally matched up as both on their day can be useless, especially our zonal marking from set pieces. We may just have the better keeper.

So result wise tomorrow cannot predict, not that confident really in Chelsea but likewise the gooners dont install me with tons of it either. I went to the FA Cup final 2 years ago and it sucked losing to them, that day they were up for it more, I can only hope that Chelsea are up for it tomorrow that little bit more then.

Edited by General

41 minutes ago, Shug said:

Be nice if we can but is not looking likely at the mo...is all down to Hazard....again....as normal....

Not as confident as I was having just seen Sarri’s reaction today. My concern is not with the players not being up for the game but the difference in the management sitting in the dugouts tomorrow, especially if/when changes are required. Emery has won this trophy three times and knows exactly what’s required to win. Sarri will just stick to Plan A and if it’s not working simply stick to the same game plan regardless. There is a large contrast in Emery’s ability to influence a game in play compared to Sarri. 

I suspect the players know this and know it’s up to them to perform and them only. 

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Not sure I like Sarri’s petulant tendencies either.

As you say after the League Cup final this is the second time we’ve seen him storm off in hissy fit.

People have 3 ways of dealing with confrontation in such situations:

1. Get in a yelling match trying to stamp their authority (mourinho)

2. Try and be placid and calm things (undermines manager power)

3. Show his discontent say his bit then leave and come back when he and the situation is calm, and address it. 

I would in no way describe sarri as petulant I think he has shown to have an excellent temperament.

We have lost 2 top managers with this group of players, basically refusing to try for them, he has kept them under control better than both and brought us back from a terrible and now typical patch of downing tools, again which both previous managers failed to do. 

I think he might have this man management thing under control better than us looking in from the outside.