ForeverCarefree

Pre-season matches 2019

I quite like the look of us with two strikers, gives the defenders a bit more to worry about than when we go with one. Tammy and Bats link up well as well. That flick Tammy put in to Bats would have been a sensational goal if it had dropped a bit quicker!

2 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

How's Tammy doing so far ?

Not really had a chance but approach work has been good, a couple of excellent runs and very good to see him physically dominating defenders. 

Zappacosta still looks dug-meat. I mean I don’t take pre season too seriously but having never really looked like challenging the first team, this is his chance to impress. 

Mount on set pieces is good, at least he can beat the first man, what a pleasant change!!

4 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

How are we set up ? 4-1-2-1-2 ? Width from the full backs and a narrow diamond, or are the 2 (presumably Barkley and Kovacic ?) pushed a bit wider ?

A bit of both, full backs getting forward but Kova/Mount supporting. 

Mounts set pieces have been very good in the main, causing the defence problems. 

Good play by bat's again, but a poor finish again also. 

Just now, dkw said:

Mounts set pieces have been very good in the main, causing the defence problems. 

Good play by bat's again, but a poor finish again also. 

This is what worries me, he’s had quite a few good chances today and not taken any of them. I thought he should passed it to Abraham who would have been able to take it first time on his right.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Another great ball by Kova, he's been outstanding today. 

Yes. Would have been a great assist. Hopefully the sign of things to come from him. 

I've enjoyed the display so far.

Good half.

There is a lot to like about our pressing to regain possession when we lose it. Impressive performances by a few players including Mount which is encouraging. Some sublime passes from Kovacic in this half as well who's been very good overall.

Both our strikers need to work on their finishing though. We need to bury those chances in the PL or you lose points. But their movement and first touch has been good.

The one big negative for me is Zappacosta who is just atrocious and i'd prefer him sold.

But overall very encouraging stuff.

Edited by Sindre

36 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Batshuayi starts for us next season, not a doubt in my mind.

He had a really good first half. The way he finishes, on most days he has two already. 

He's dropping a bit deeper, and has done well as a target man linking up and pushing forward. 

Both strikers seem hungry... That in itself is refreshing.