ForeverCarefree

Pre-season matches 2019

I think we'd struggle with width in the league with this formation to be honest. PL-clubs are really good at clogging up and shutting down the middle of the park and none of our fullbacks are good enough or fast enough too provide proper width offensively.

Just now, IliyaKrostin said:

Boring second half to be honest. The first eleven were much more creative, much more interesting to watch.

Agreed. More urgency, more energy ... not many of the fringe players on the pitch in the second half have done themselves too many favours today ... Gilmour and Palmer started brightly, but both have faded. Kenedy, Alonso, Pedro and Bakayoko all look bang average ... Zouma just looks awkward ... I think Gilmour will get a loan, Palmer will get sold, and if we get any offers for the others I mentioned, then we'd surely have to consider them !

15 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Young Billy showing the senior pro Bakayoko how to play as a midfielder. 

His name is asking for a decent chant 

Its hard to judge anything in preseason, but gilmour looks to have more about him than Bakayoko or Drinkwater. 

We look pretty decent, just need to get some sharpness in front of goal. 

Im really liking the amount of games we have in pre season, i think it will bode well for the season. 

Positives: first half display and 4-4-2 Diamond, Michy, Mount, Abraham was good, Gilmour, Giroud, Kovacic. 

Negatives: second half display, Bakayoko, second half formation. 

I feel Mount could start for us this season. Opponent was what it was but he was very sharp and eyes up all the time. Gilmour was very good but maybe he needs to go to Derby or some other Championship team for next term. 

Bakayoko can go where ever he wants. I just don't want to see him in our shirt again. 

Can't wait to see Pulisic play for us. 

38 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Not on the bench again today either...

Rumour has it he and Lampard have fallen out of the false 9 position. Clear case of player power gone bad. I predict we sell him.

5 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Rumour has it he and Lampard have fallen out of the false 9 position. Clear case of player power gone bad. I predict we sell him.

Interesting !

Surely he won't go to Juventus...

Edited by erskblue