Jump to content

ForeverCarefree

Pre-season matches 2019

Recommended Posts

10 July Bohemian (Dalymount Park, Dublin) 7.45pm

13 July St Patrick’s (Richmond Park, Dublin) 2pm

19 July Kawasaki Frontale (Nissan Stadium, Yokohama) 11am

23 July Barcelona (Saitama Stadium, Japan) 11.30am

28 July Reading (Madejski Stadium) 3pm

31 July RB Salzburg (Red Bull Arena) 7pm

3 August Borussia Mönchengladbach (Borussia Park) 5pm

 

With the first game of our busy pre-season under a week away I thought it might be useful to have a thread for those games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would think we would start to see his preferred shape and team by the Barcelona game. The first 3 friendlies are a good time to give everyone minutes and assess everyone fairly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody seen a list of who has traveled to Ireland today?  Saw that the club tweeted out pictures showing Caballero, Pedro, and Batshuayi, but that was it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Anybody seen a list of who has traveled to Ireland today?  Saw that the club tweeted out pictures showing Caballero, Pedro, and Batshuayi, but that was it.

The squad of 22 is on the club website now.

Willy Caballero ; Jamie Cumming
Cesar Azpilicueta ; Davide Zappacosta ; Kurt Zouma ; Ethan Ampadu ; Dujon Sterling ; Fikayo Tomori ; Marc Guehi ; Ian Maatsen
Danny Drinkwater ; Tiemoue Bakayoko ; Lewis Baker ; Kasey Palmer ; Trevoh Chalobah ; Conor Gallagher ; Billy Gilmour
Kenedy ; Pedro ; Lucas Piazon 
Michy Batshuayi ;  Ike Ugbo

An interesting mix ...



 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

The squad of 22 is on the club website now.

Willy Caballero ; Jamie Cumming
Cesar Azpilicueta ; Davide Zappacosta ; Kurt Zouma ; Ethan Ampadu ; Dujon Sterling ; Fikayo Tomori ; Marc Guehi ; Ian Maatsen
Danny Drinkwater ; Tiemoue Bakayoko ; Lewis Baker ; Kasey Palmer ; Trevoh Chalobah ; Conor Gallagher ; Billy Gilmour
Kenedy ; Pedro ; Lucas Piazon 
Michy Batshuayi ;  Ike Ugbo

An interesting mix ...



 

 

 

 

Thanks.  Sounds like more players will be joining up next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to the game against Barcelona, to see how to current state of the squad. I hope the team will have a good pre-season.

Because the first premier league game, is very important. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few familiar faces have joined up with the squad today. Probably won't see them feature in the game on Wednesday evening as it might be a bit early for them... Otherwise I assume they'll be getting limited minutes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

A few familiar faces have joined up with the squad today. Probably won't see them feature in the game on Wednesday evening as it might be a bit early for them... Otherwise I assume they'll be getting limited minutes. 

 

So by my count, that makes everyone except Pulisic, Barkley, Luiz, Willian, Alonso, and the injured players.

Where is Alonso?  Don't think he had any international duty, unless I'm mistaken, and he's not injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The full squad currently in Ireland is as follows:
Kepa Arrizabalaga
Willy Caballero
Cesar Azpilicueta
Davide Zappacosta
Kurt Zouma
Ethan Ampadu
Marcos Alonso
Andreas Christensen
David Luiz
Emerson Palmieri
Mateo Kovacic
N’Golo Kante
Jorginho
Danny Drinkwater
Ross Barkley
Tiemoue Bakayoko
Kenedy
Pedro
Mason Mount
Izzy Brown
Lewis Baker
Kasey Palmer
Michy Batshuayi
Olivier Giroud
Tammy Abraham
Trevoh Chalobah
Dujon Sterling
Lucas Piazon
Jamie Cumming
Marc Guehi
Conor Gallagher
Ike Ugbo
Billy Gilmour
Ian Maatsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh ok, so looks like Alonso, Barkley, and Luiz have all linked up.  So then it's just Pulisic and Willian awaiting return from international duty and the injured 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coco said:

Marc Guehi is interesting...........

so how many of CFC players are in this pict? This is from the FIFA 2018 U17 World Cup

england.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Guys, how are you? Are the international-friendly games live on television or livestream?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iamLuc said:

Hello Guys, how are you? Are the international-friendly games live on television or livestream?

They will be streamed live on the official website and the 5th Stand app. To my understanding they will be free to watch, not 100% sure though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cRyptic said:

They will be streamed live on the official website and the 5th Stand app. To my understanding they will be free to watch, not 100% sure though.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/09/chelsea-pre-season-fixtures-2019-2020--how-to-watch

How to watch the live stream on the website

If you choose to watch here, you can view all seven pre-season games for £10.99. If you sign up after the first game the price will remain the same.


How to watch the live stream on The 5th Stand

If you choose to watch on The 5th Stand, the seven pre-season games are available match by match from just £1.99. Each game can be purchased from two hours before kick-off.

Please be aware that you will only be able to watch on the channel you sign up on. If you pay to watch the game on The 5th Stand app you will only be able to watch on the 5th Stand and not the website. If you sign up to watch on the videos section of this website you will only be able to watch on the website and not The 5th Stand. 

Please note, due to international broadcasting rights, all matches are available in the UK and Ireland, and three matches are available globally. Rights are subject to change so enable notifications in The 5th Stand app to find out if matches become available in your region.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boyne said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/09/chelsea-pre-season-fixtures-2019-2020--how-to-watch

How to watch the live stream on the website

If you choose to watch here, you can view all seven pre-season games for £10.99. If you sign up after the first game the price will remain the same.


How to watch the live stream on The 5th Stand

If you choose to watch on The 5th Stand, the seven pre-season games are available match by match from just £1.99. Each game can be purchased from two hours before kick-off.

Please be aware that you will only be able to watch on the channel you sign up on. If you pay to watch the game on The 5th Stand app you will only be able to watch on the 5th Stand and not the website. If you sign up to watch on the videos section of this website you will only be able to watch on the website and not The 5th Stand. 

Please note, due to international broadcasting rights, all matches are available in the UK and Ireland, and three matches are available globally. Rights are subject to change so enable notifications in The 5th Stand app to find out if matches become available in your region.

I was wrong after all, thank you for the clarification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So what team would we like to see tonight ?

You could pick two XI's from the original 22 and play one half each, with the first team regulars and others that joined up later as the back up options if it all goes tits up ?

Edited by Sexyfootball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to pay the £10.99 for the 7 games to be honest, at least this year we get to watch them all rather than some not being available due to it being in Thailand of wherever.

Expect a lot of the youngsters will be playing in the first few?  Fine by me, looking forward to seeing what we will be working with this season.  I'm so willing on Abraham this season and if he gets regular games I'm betting he will do well, as will many other's I'm sure.

Gunna be so weird not seeing Hazard though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standard first game is 45mins each player. Second game some will do 60mins then those in the third game that only did 30mins in second game will do 60 mins. We start to see our starting line up by the time we play in Austria and Germany 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...