9 hours ago, Vagabond said:

An open question to posters in this thread:

Do you believe Mason good enough to be a starter in a PL winning team? Because I'm with Brutos on this one, I just don't see it.

Depends on what context you ask.

Do i think he could drag us over the line the way Hazard did in 2015? No. Do i think he can be a cog in a title winning team? Absolutely. If we furfill our potential as a team with Havertz/Puli/Ziyech etc i can comfortably see Mason's skillset complimenting those lot similar to how Pedro's did with all the superstars at Barcelona.   

35 minutes ago, Argo said:

Depends on what context you ask.

Do i think he could drag us over the line the way Hazard did in 2015? No. Do i think he can be a cog in a title winning team? Absolutely. If we furfill our potential as a team with Havertz/Puli/Ziyech etc i can comfortably see Mason's skillset complimenting those lot similar to how Pedro's did with all the superstars at Barcelona.   

I think for us Mount is more like Oscar, hard worker and gets some important goals.

Oscar technically better yet Mount is more flexible, IMO.

11 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think for us Mount is more like Oscar, hard worker and gets some important goals.

Oscar technically better yet Mount is more flexible, IMO.

They are quite similar but Oscar was seen as not good enough also similar to Rambo again wasn’t seen as good enough but Mason absolutely it good enough 😏

8 minutes ago, Brutos said:

They are quite similar but Oscar was seen as not good enough also similar to Rambo again wasn’t seen as good enough but Mason absolutely it good enough 😏

Oscar was very inconsistent. He played great football but equally some days he just didn't turn up.

One thing about Ramires and Mount is that they always turned up and had a go. Ramires is one of my favourite players of the past decade.

1 minute ago, Spiller86 said:

Oscar was very inconsistent. He played great football but equally some days he just didn't turn up.

One thing about Ramires and Mount is that they always turned up and had a go. Ramires is one of my favourite players of the past decade.

I think Ramires is a bit underrated, he was a great player.

Oscar was OK-ish. What wasn't OK is choosing him over Mata, De Bruyne and in lesser degree Sallah. 

We'll see how it goes with Mason but the analogy is frightening to be honest. Wish I didn't read that. We now also have great technical talents in Pulisic, Havertz and Ziyech. We also have hard working lad that is coach's favorite boy. Concerning... 

Edited by Droopy
Just now, Gol15 said:

Yup. Not just for the goal against Barca. 

3 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Oscar was OK-ish. What wasn't OK is choosing him over Mata, De Bruyne and in lesser degree Sallah. 

We'll see how it goes with Mason but the analogy is frightening to be honest. Wish I didn't read that. We now also have great technical talents in Pulisic, Havertz and Ziyech. We also have hard working lad that is coach's favorite boy. Concerning... 

I think that again assumes he is only playing because that is favouritism. That is false. 

37 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Actually wrong, Oscar was seen as very much good enough for 18 months and the vast majority were excited about his potential/projected end product if he carried on the same trajectory. Unfortunately he stalled after that and was rightly let go in 2016.

28 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Quite ironic KDB and Salah are being brought up in this given they were let go due to similar lack of patience currently being displayed by fans to our current young players.

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

Actually wrong, Oscar was seen as very much good enough for 18 months and the vast majority were excited about his potential/projected end product if he carried on the same trajectory. Unfortunately he stalled after that and was rightly let go in 2016.

Oscar played over 100 games for us in the first 2 seasons, he was around the same age as Mount and then he fell off, Mount is being overplayed and there is a risk that he burns out.

To be honest I'm a little surprised by the direction this thread has taken.  I noticed the large amount of posts on here expecting lots of praise for Mason, but it turns out not to be the case.  What has the lad done wrong?  I mean if you had to pick your player of the season right now who would it be?  For me it has to be Mount.  Why is he being replaced with players who have done nothing to deserve his spot?  Havertz has only shown small glimpses of what he's apparently capable of and Ziyech has never kicked a ball in the Premier League, how are they automatically ahead of Mount,  because they have better stats on FIFA?  Maybe further down the line he may not start every game, but right now for me he's the first player on the team sheet.

It's the case of the guys that are not playing always seem to look better. Remember when RCL and Rudi were out injured? People were calling for them to start as soon as they come back and we all see what happens.

Yes, RIGHT NOW Mount is in form and healthy and should be in the 11. However, I do think that when Havertz, Ziyech, and Pulisic are full healthy and start hitting their forms; I am concern about Mount's place in the 11. But that is still yet to be seen. 

1 hour ago, DarkMata said:

To be honest I'm a little surprised by the direction this thread has taken.  I noticed the large amount of posts on here expecting lots of praise for Mason, but it turns out not to be the case.  What has the lad done wrong?  I mean if you had to pick your player of the season right now who would it be?  For me it has to be Mount.  Why is he being replaced with players who have done nothing to deserve his spot?  Havertz has only shown small glimpses of what he's apparently capable of and Ziyech has never kicked a ball in the Premier League, how are they automatically ahead of Mount,  because they have better stats on FIFA?  Maybe further down the line he may not start every game, but right now for me he's the first player on the team sheet.

Its utterly bizarre, the abuse he receives is absolutely baffling, theres a huge amount on social media who are all over him simply because hes English and kept their shiny foreign player out. 

I've been watching the DVD of Spartacus War of the Damned.

Crassus has this saying when he gets fed up with his number two and appoints another, 'You are now my word and will'

Get the feeling that is like Mount with Lampard, his general on the pitch.

That first comeback goal against WBA was what you would want your main man to do,

FL at half time, 'Mason get us back in the game!'

33 minutes ago, dkw said:

Its utterly bizarre, the abuse he receives is absolutely baffling, theres a huge amount on social media who are all over him simply because hes English and kept their shiny foreign player out. 

Is it extreme to say it's bearing striking similarity's to the way WHU fans were with Frank? 

5 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Ramires was far from a great player. He had days where everything would click, but more often than not his passing, shooting and touch was too erratic. It's the same with all of the Brazilian players we have signed in the past decade. They were all capable of producing world class performances, but it was never consistent.

8 hours ago, dkw said:

Started last season on social media with the Americans having a tanty about Pulisic not playing. People have had a set on him ever since.

Completely unfairly btw. This is another one of those (a bit like the Frank out carry on) where the crazy social media echo chamber view would be completely different to the match day fans view.

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Ramires was far from a great player. He had days where everything would click, but more often than not his passing, shooting and touch was too erratic. It's the same with all of the Brazilian players we have signed in the past decade. They were all capable of producing world class performances, but it was never consistent.

Maybe not consistent overall if we are to review his whole career, but for some years he was really great, I think he had good finishing and at some point he was covering so much ground with his energy and running without the ball and those things you won't see in most stats. Not only was he good at that but he could tackle and dribble at a pretty high and consistent level for a few seasons. He was really good in more than one position because of his qualities, he was good in the central midfield, as a box-to-box player and also as a wide midfielder.

I think he was a great player overall because he had a lot to offer, similar to Mount that is not only good in pressing and having endless energy but also good technically and pretty versatile as well.

2 hours ago, brownindian said:

Ramirez was instrumental in us winning the champions league game vs Barcelona when we were a man down. Having spend tons of money on

Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Palmieri, Kennedy and so on so forth - is this the player we want to criticize ? 

No, it was just something I wanted to point out. It's a forum, multiple things will get talked about at once.

Edited by Scott Harris
12 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Started last season on social media with the Americans having a tanty about Pulisic not playing. People have had a set on him ever since.

Completely unfairly btw. This is another one of those (a bit like the Frank out carry on) where the crazy social media echo chamber view would be completely different to the match day fans view.

It's a bit depressing that Mount can't experience the match day fans because social media is the only fan feedback he can get right now. 

We've always backed hard working players in the ground.