14 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Like who though?? Nobody in a penalty shoot out that I know of has been slandered on here. Tammy was defended by everyone on this forum after he missed in the Super Cup. 

Obviously there's incidents like Barkley's miss against Valencia which got him a lot of criticism. That's mostly because he wanted to be the one to take it and had a horrible game, then to top it off missed a winning penalty. 

Penalty shoot outs are completely different, and being a 5th place penalty taker is never easy, especially for a youngster. 

No, he wasn't. I remember posts accusing him of arrogance, being unfocused and overhyped. It was a minority, but let's not pretend all forum members rallied behind Abraham without any exception.

16 minutes ago, Valerie said:

No, he wasn't. I remember posts accusing him of arrogance, being unfocused and overhyped. It was a minority, but let's not pretend all forum members rallied behind Abraham without any exception.

Come on, there's always going to be exceptions, that's never changed has it? But the general consensus on here was behind Abraham at the time, just like it is now with Mount, even though some are blaming him. 

That's to be expected. 

4 hours ago, Brutos said:

Wtf are you talking about, if Jorginho or Emerson missed their penalty the abuse they would have received is nothing compared to what Mount is getting.

It seems it's one rule for the natives and another for foreign player's which I have noticed a few year's now.

You see it on social and just check Jorginho/Emerson/Alonso/Rudi/Christensen thread

You are joking? Mount gets absolutely blasted on social media, dare I say it's starting to resemble stark similarities to the treatment Frank got by West Ham fans.

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Come on, there's always going to be exceptions, that's never changed has it? But the general consensus on here was behind Abraham at the time, just like it is now with Mount, even though some are blaming him. 

That's to be expected. 

Then don't claim Abraham was defended by everyone after he missed that penalty, when he wasn't, not here and especially not on social meedya. As the slogan goes, there will be haters, as Mount is showing in his turn.

Edited by Valerie
9 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Then don't claim Abraham was defended by everyone after he missed that penalty, when he wasn't, not here and especially not on social meedya. As the slogan goes, there will be haters, as Mount is showing in his turn.

Really Val...

I would've expected you of all people to at least apply some nuance, you clearly know what I mean. Most people supported Abraham, there, happy now? 

9 hours ago, Slojo said:

Really Val...

I would've expected you of all people to at least apply some nuance, you clearly know what I mean. Most people supported Abraham, there, happy now? 

The nuance was needed from you, and that's what I've been pointing out. If you don't mean to say 'everybody' then don't write it! So yes, I'm deliriously happy now :biggrin:

We scream to give youth a chance for as long as I can remember then as soon as we do, the young guns get slated. 

Mount - my favourite young player. Loads of potential and a good all round game. 

Tomori - again he has a lot of potential and has all the physical attributes to succeed. Needs a good mentor though and hopefully Thiago Silva will provide this. 

Tammy - blows hot and cold. He is likely to grab a goal though and cannot he written off. His hold up play and generally game is poor. He really struggles again good defenders. 

RLC was always my favourite but cannot really fall into the youngster bracket anymore. He’s close to moving on as he has stagnated with no improvement. I would hate for people to mock him in a few years as happened with Lingard as ‘player with potential’ at 28. 

Reece James is a physical specimen and he will go onto he our right back for years. Still improvement to be made he has all the attributes and is more about developing his game now. 

CHO - offers width and goal threat and whilst he is extremely inconsistent, without Ziyech and Pulisic, he should be starting every game at the moment to develop him as opposed to throwing central players out wide. 

4 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

We scream to give youth a chance for as long as I can remember then as soon as we do, the young guns get slated. 

Mount - my favourite young player. Loads of potential and a good all round game. 

Tomori - again he has a lot of potential and has all the physical attributes to succeed. Needs a good mentor though and hopefully Thiago Silva will provide this. 

Tammy - blows hot and cold. He is likely to grab a goal though and cannot he written off. His hold up play and generally game is poor. He really struggles again good defenders. 

RLC was always my favourite but cannot really fall into the youngster bracket anymore. He’s close to moving on as he has stagnated with no improvement. I would hate for people to mock him in a few years as happened with Lingard as ‘player with potential’ at 28. 

Reece James is a physical specimen and he will go onto he our right back for years. Still improvement to be made he has all the attributes and is more about developing his game now. 

CHO - offers width and goal threat and whilst he is extremely inconsistent, without Ziyech and Pulisic, he should be starting every game at the moment to develop him as opposed to throwing central players out wide. 

good post this spot on regards all of them

Add Billy to the mix who before his injury had the potential to be the best of the lot. Hopefully he comes back stronger after the injury and doesn't go down the same path as RLC.

49 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

Good post. Agree with all of that.

I think we will see a couple of the loan guys really kick on and come into the fold as well.

Conor Gallagher and Marc Guehi are the ones I'm keeping an eye on in that regard ...

Edited by Sexyfootball

I tried to get a fair comparison for Mason & came across the stats of Bernardo Silva in the 2018/19 title winning season when he was lauded for his performances during the season. Comparing those stats to Mason's first season in the PL he doesn't really disgrace himself, the lad is clearly not average.

image.thumb.png.03ec5014a1d0d4c26a6730c0e8f0bfea.png

Both have approximately 2800 minutes

9 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

An open question to posters in this thread:

Do you believe Mason good enough to be a starter in a PL winning team? Because I'm with Brutos on this one, I just don't see it.

without doubt he is capable of playing 30 games in a title winning team. 

He has ability and his work rate is one of the best in the squad. 

Title Winning teams are made up of different types of players and in my opinion there is definitely room for a player like Mason.

only time will tell i suppose. 

3 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

Excellent post, it highlights perfectly some of the moronic toxic fans we have on social media and unfortunately we are now seeing on this board also. We often hear from "fans" that we need to introduce you to the side and how patient they will be with them. We heard the same when Frank became manager, how they understand its going to take time to build into what we need to be. Yet one or 2 iffy displays and it all turns and the moaning and whining is pathetic and embarrassing. I would much rather keep the young players and young manager and bin the whiney dickheads off than get rid of any of our young first teamers.

19 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

Do you believe Mason good enough to be a starter in a PL winning team? Because I'm with Brutos on this one, I just don't see it.

Yes, yes he is.

Can I ask you a question, Is he any worse than Henderson?

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Yes, yes he is.

Mount reminds me a bit of Tiago in our 2004/5 title winning team ... does a lot of unsung donkey work, and you only really see how effective that work is when he isn't in there doing it ...

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Yes, yes he is.

Are you serious? Henderson is a grown man with tons of experience. Mason is a 21 year old kid going into his second season of PL football. Of course Mason is worse.

8 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

Are you serious? Henderson is a grown man with tons of experience. Mason is a 21 year old kid going into his second season of PL football. Of course Mason is worse.

Your right, Giroud is much better than Mbappe as he is a grown man with tons of experience, Mbappe is only going into his 3rd season.

1 hour ago, Vagabond said:

We won two league titles with Willian on the wing and one with Alonso and Moses out wide.

Of course Mason is good enough. 

Henderson is way better than Mount currently, passing, tackling, tactically, leadership, vision, mentality. He is captain for one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the world for a reason. 

I dont think mount starts 30 games for Liverpool or City at the moment, so the answer to the previous question, would be no, he isnt good enough to start regularly for a title winning side.

But in a couple of years he may be, but he has some areas of his game he really needs to improve, which is normal for a 21 year old. There is also no harm un pointing out said flaws, as long as criticism doesnt turn into abuse, which unfortunately it does regularly on twitter.