Just now, jack_super_class said:

Doesn't help that Frank plays him every minute of every game when we also have Barkley, Loftus Cheek and Havertz. Baffling.

I was suprised Barkley didn't start, he has been playing well, Mount is getting flogged! Although he the inconsistent vision and final ball is something ive noticed last season aswell. Hopefully he will improve in that respect because i think he needs to be better in those positions to compete at the very top.

People's exaggeration last game after one real contribution in terms of scoring/assisting which is his primary job is what brought many of the haters here.

I won't hate on him because he doesn't deserve it. He usually doesn't produce like this. But the pass on the 2 on 1 situation is what he usually does. The guy has no talent in terms of playing the right the way and creating chances. This needs to be addressed if he is going to continue playing on the position he's been playing so far. 

4 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Such a cheap reply, any criticism makes him a scapegoat?. Frank doesn't help him by playing him out of position and playing him every minute of every game. He gets criticised because he played poorly.

The knee jerking because he was the one who missed the penalty is what makes him a scapegoat. 

What about Emerson who was no where on the goal? Giroud didn’t play well. Tammy was rubbish when he came one. Werner apart from the goal didn’t really offer anything.

Mount didn’t win the game single handedly and missed his penalty (where are the senior players stepping up?) but he wasn’t by far the only one who didn’t have a great game. 

Just now, Munkworth said:

The knee jerking because he was the one who missed the penalty is what makes him a scapegoat. 

What about Emerson who was no where on the goal? Giroud didn’t play well. Tammy was rubbish when he came one. Werner apart from the goal didn’t really offer anything.

Mount didn’t win the game single handedly and missed his penalty (where are the senior players stepping up?) but he wasn’t by far the only one who didn’t have a great game. 

Im not blaming Mount for missing a penalty, it happens. Im more annoyed at Frank for playing him every game.

3 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Getting a sh*t ton of abuse on social media because of the miss..

I can imagine. Proper cringeworthy 'fans' that will no doubt be picked up by journos seeing the tweets and get published tomorrow, making us all look a bunch of pricks.

Steer clear buddy, we won't have any of that here. The day this place gets swamped with crap like that is the day it gets cancelled.

Sarri had Jorginho he got booed by his own fans in his home ground.

Lampard has mount he will be fine he will play on the wing just so Lampard can have him in the team but like I keep saying I don't see us being premier league champions with players like mount in the starting 11 great squad player but not a starter. 

And if we do manage to win the premier with him being constant starter I will tip my hat to Frank 

Really like Mount. Has a great moto, presses hard, and always give everything for the team.

BUT, Lamp is not doing him any favor by playing him every minute, anywhere in the field. Heck, I think Lamp would put mount in as a CB if that's what it takes to get Mount on the field.

Lamp will either run him to the ground real quick, or he'll quickly loose the respect of his players.

Lamp will need to manage Mount much better, for the benefit of the team and Mount's career.

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

Anyone who slams him for missing a penalty is a f**king idiot, it can happen to anyone. 

He had a good game, however, he made an awful decision which was a simple squared ball which would've put Werner (I think it was) through on goal. It's stuff like that where I think Mount doesn't come up with the quality. 

Agree completely.  The penalty miss is the last thing I would criticize him for...Mount is a very good DEVELOPING player...but he's not a consistent creative 10 on a big club...maybe he will get there someday but he's not there yet. 

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Tammy also missed a penalty at the start of the last season and that only pushed him to become better.

I think the 5th pen in a shootout is too much pressure for a young player, Lukaku, Tammy and now Mount has missed it for us. I think the best takers should be first and last.

25 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

I think the 5th pen in a shootout is too much pressure for a young player, Lukaku, Tammy and now Mount has missed it for us. I think the best takers should be first and last.

It's a good point. Kane went last of the designated 5 for Tottenham

Credit to Mount for having the cojones to take the responsibility.

Edited by Sexyfootball