1 hour ago, Coxy15 said:

Wait, you don't watch the game via a live updating spreadsheet? Is THAT what they mean by "the games are on TV"? People watch them?

Ah dammit, theres why I cant fit in with the youth of today, all this time I've been basing my opinion on what I've seen a player do rather than the Excel spreadsheet formulas, XG and all that bollocks... funny thing is I`m sh*t hot at Excel too, use it nearly every day as part of my job. So I can see just how bullsh*t stats and figures can be and how easily manipulated to show just what you want it to show.

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

Ah dammit, theres why I cant fit in with the youth of today, all this time I've been basing my opinion on what I've seen a player do rather than the Excel spreadsheet formulas, XG and all that bollocks... funny thing is I`m sh*t hot at Excel too, use it nearly every day as part of my job. So I can see just how bullsh*t stats and figures can be and how easily manipulated to show just what you want it to show.

I see you work at Manchester City's legal defence team...

Good job on those spreadsheets the other day!

1 minute ago, Coxy15 said:

I see you work at Manchester City's legal defence team...

Good job on those spreadsheets the other day!

No problem, hid a few 0`s, lost a few transactions then bam, were innocent...

5 hours ago, Deino said:

He was immense. Need to work on his shooting from range. It was a poor shot but thank god he hit Butterfingers

I said to my united mates it was actually three mistakes that led to the goal. Williams pass to mount, de gea fumble and Mounts rubbish shot. 

Still, like Frank would say, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

29 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I said to my united mates it was actually three mistakes that led to the goal. Williams pass to mount, de gea fumble and Mounts rubbish shot. 

Still, like Frank would say, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

Willams pass intercepted by Mount. 

De Gea may have fumbled but he didn't do enough to stop Oli's goal or Mounts decent shot (hardly rubbish). Let's give our players the credit for scoring thank you.

12 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

De Gea may have fumbled but he didn't do enough to stop Oli's goal or Mounts decent shot (hardly rubbish). Let's give our players the credit for scoring thank you.

It was just a joke calm down. 

It was a rubbish shot though you will notice I gave Mount credit for taking the shot. 

Edited by bisright1
12 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

Plus, apart from the unnecessarily conceded penalty, we didn't make costly mistakes, neither did we give ManU many chances. All that combined gave us a much deserved win. Let's not pretend that we wouldn't have won without those De Gea mistakes. Sometimes that is what the result is hanging on, but not this one.

3 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Plus, apart from the unnecessarily conceded penalty, we didn't make costly mistakes, neither did we give ManU many chances. All that combined gave us a much deserved win. Let's not pretend that we wouldn't have won without those De Gea mistakes. Sometimes that is what the result is hanging on, but not this one.

I genuinely think De Gea didn't make a mistake for the first and last goal. In my mind any goal conceded in the 6 yard box is only the keepers fault if it is in the air. At that distance you are always second favourite from a shot. The BBC really decided to run with the narrative that De Gea was the reason United lost even before Mount's shot. 

4 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Agreed. We had several chances that would have gone in had it not been for De Gea's reflex saves. 

54 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Mount made the cross for our first chance, scored from the free kick and then assisted for the second goal. Solved it. Doesn't matter where you play him it seems, he's THAT good.

NamnlösMM.png

Took us to the CL. Unreal that he's 21 years old that has just played 26 PL games in his first season. The sky is the limit with Mount.

Ed3SM33WsAEnyY7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by Gol15

Great season for him, has become such an important player so quickly! Needs to add consistancy and probably better end product but he's done better than we could have hoped for as is the case with our other youngsters.

Thought he actually struggled with the physicality of wolves in the first half, as did Pulisic. 

He deserved that goal afger coming close on a few occasions, and the weight if his pass was excellent for Giroud.

2nd half we saw that swagger that can bring, and we saw it against Everton and Spurs at the bridge aswell.

Excellent season for him overall, made the step up effortlessly.

Big credit for Lampard to put trust in Mount, he benched him when was needed and played him when needed. 

Season still not over yet, but we all can be happy with a quality of Mount. Proper academy player that made it and put his name strong into the next season.

I can say that he won us the game today, fantastic free-kick, great assist. Please do it against Arsenal again!

30 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Took us to the CL. Unreal that he's 21 years old that has just played 26 PL games in his first season. The sky is the limit with Mount.

Ed3SM33WsAEnyY7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

37 games by my reckoning. Clearly one of, if not the, first names on the teamsheet. In a team that has seen rotation in almost every position, that is pretty incredible. Only Azpi and Mount have had guaranteed starting positions throughout the season. Add Pulisic and Giroud to that with their post lockdown form but Mount is clearly one of the stars of this team.