Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Coxy15 said:

Wait, you don't watch the game via a live updating spreadsheet? Is THAT what they mean by "the games are on TV"? People watch them?

Ah dammit, theres why I cant fit in with the youth of today, all this time I've been basing my opinion on what I've seen a player do rather than the Excel spreadsheet formulas, XG and all that bollocks... funny thing is I`m sh*t hot at Excel too, use it nearly every day as part of my job. So I can see just how bullsh*t stats and figures can be and how easily manipulated to show just what you want it to show.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

Ah dammit, theres why I cant fit in with the youth of today, all this time I've been basing my opinion on what I've seen a player do rather than the Excel spreadsheet formulas, XG and all that bollocks... funny thing is I`m sh*t hot at Excel too, use it nearly every day as part of my job. So I can see just how bullsh*t stats and figures can be and how easily manipulated to show just what you want it to show.

I see you work at Manchester City's legal defence team...

Good job on those spreadsheets the other day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coxy15 said:

I see you work at Manchester City's legal defence team...

Good job on those spreadsheets the other day!

No problem, hid a few 0`s, lost a few transactions then bam, were innocent...

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Deino said:

He was immense. Need to work on his shooting from range. It was a poor shot but thank god he hit Butterfingers

I said to my united mates it was actually three mistakes that led to the goal. Williams pass to mount, de gea fumble and Mounts rubbish shot. 

Still, like Frank would say, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I said to my united mates it was actually three mistakes that led to the goal. Williams pass to mount, de gea fumble and Mounts rubbish shot. 

Still, like Frank would say, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

Willams pass intercepted by Mount. 

De Gea may have fumbled but he didn't do enough to stop Oli's goal or Mounts decent shot (hardly rubbish). Let's give our players the credit for scoring thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

Willams pass intercepted by Mount. 

De Gea may have fumbled but he didn't do enough to stop Oli's goal or Mounts decent shot (hardly rubbish). Let's give our players the credit for scoring thank you.

It was just a joke calm down. 

It was a rubbish shot though you will notice I gave Mount credit for taking the shot. 

Edited by bisright1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

Willams pass intercepted by Mount. 

De Gea may have fumbled but he didn't do enough to stop Oli's goal or Mounts decent shot (hardly rubbish). Let's give our players the credit for scoring thank you.

Plus, apart from the unnecessarily conceded penalty, we didn't make costly mistakes, neither did we give ManU many chances. All that combined gave us a much deserved win. Let's not pretend that we wouldn't have won without those De Gea mistakes. Sometimes that is what the result is hanging on, but not this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Plus, apart from the unnecessarily conceded penalty, we didn't make costly mistakes, neither did we give ManU many chances. All that combined gave us a much deserved win. Let's not pretend that we wouldn't have won without those De Gea mistakes. Sometimes that is what the result is hanging on, but not this one.

I genuinely think De Gea didn't make a mistake for the first and last goal. In my mind any goal conceded in the 6 yard box is only the keepers fault if it is in the air. At that distance you are always second favourite from a shot. The BBC really decided to run with the narrative that De Gea was the reason United lost even before Mount's shot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Plus, apart from the unnecessarily conceded penalty, we didn't make costly mistakes, neither did we give ManU many chances. All that combined gave us a much deserved win. Let's not pretend that we wouldn't have won without those De Gea mistakes. Sometimes that is what the result is hanging on, but not this one.

Agreed. We had several chances that would have gone in had it not been for De Gea's reflex saves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Mount made the cross for our first chance, scored from the free kick and then assisted for the second goal. Solved it. Doesn't matter where you play him it seems, he's THAT good.

 

 

NamnlösMM.png

Took us to the CL. Unreal that he's 21 years old that has just played 26 PL games in his first season. The sky is the limit with Mount.

Ed3SM33WsAEnyY7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

 

Edited by Gol15
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great season for him, has become such an important player so quickly! Needs to add consistancy and probably better end product but he's done better than we could have hoped for as is the case with our other youngsters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought he actually struggled with the physicality of wolves in the first half, as did Pulisic. 

He deserved that goal afger coming close on a few occasions, and the weight if his pass was excellent for Giroud.

2nd half we saw that swagger that can bring, and we saw it against Everton and Spurs at the bridge aswell.

Excellent season for him overall, made the step up effortlessly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Big credit for Lampard to put trust in Mount, he benched him when was needed and played him when needed. 

Season still not over yet, but we all can be happy with a quality of Mount. Proper academy player that made it and put his name strong into the next season.

I can say that he won us the game today, fantastic free-kick, great assist. Please do it against Arsenal again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Took us to the CL. Unreal that he's 21 years old that has just played 26 PL games in his first season. The sky is the limit with Mount.

Ed3SM33WsAEnyY7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

 

37 games by my reckoning. Clearly one of, if not the, first names on the teamsheet. In a team that has seen rotation in almost every position, that is pretty incredible. Only Azpi and Mount have had guaranteed starting positions throughout the season. Add Pulisic and Giroud to that with their post lockdown form but Mount is clearly one of the stars of this team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups or video adverts, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!