Mason Mount

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

13 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Fair to say he turned up today. Scored a top goal was denied by a great save for another and was, as per usual, everywhere running in behind the lines, stretching the full backs and leading the pressing when required. Top performance today. Showed why he is one of the first on the team sheet. 

Frank was spot on after the game when he said recognise he is 21 and he has come from the Championship to the CL in a season 4 years before Frank got to CL level himself. 

I'd suggest we'll be looking for another Mason in the summer instead of a replacement for him. 

Yes I have said that in the match topic after he scored the first goal. We have RLC coming back as well so IMO we need a striker, LB and maybe another winger or CB but our midfield looks good.

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Messi's a fan, he's saying that Mount has the potential to be one of the best in the game.

He needs to iron out a few things, if he can do that, then I think he can be one of the best in the game.

I am amazed by that, yet great encouraging news for Mason.

• 4 weeks later...

On 03/06/2020 at 15:34, Argo said:

Love the spirit these guys have, very lucky to have them.

Seeing that pic of Mount, it reminds me of Ethan Ampadu.  Is he ever coming back to Chelsea, or will he stay out on loan for forever?

Edited by Phillip

32 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I'm not sure about "most important" player, that's obviously Willian, but I think he needs to be there the majority of the time.

Willian's lucky he can finish set pieces because he's been ass in his general play for ages.

I must have seen a different game, I suppose, but it was a poor performance by Mount.
He made a good pass and spent the rest of the game protesting with the referee and walking his vanity.

He has talent, potential, but he's not a star yet, and if he thinks he already is, he's in a very bad way.

Lampard likes him, but the reality is what it is, next year it takes a lot more than that to be able to play in this team.

28 minutes ago, Mr. President said:

I must have seen a different game, I suppose, but it was a poor performance by Mount.

You did and you’re wrong. 

I’ve said this before this season and I’ll no doubt say it again but Mount is so instrument to the way we play. Both he, Pulisic and Azpilicueta are the first names on the team sheet in my opinion. 

We look a shadow of the team when he’s missing, even on his worst days his work rate and intensity lifts the entire team. He’s a crucial cog in this chelsea team and will be for the next decade. He absolutely has to start for the rest of the season if he’s not injured.

For those who don’t rate him but love stats... his record is better than Franks at the same age so it shows you how good he has been. 

Top talent & top player for us this year.

Edited by EdinburghBlue

1 hour ago, Mr. President said:

He made a good pass and spent the rest of the game protesting with the referee and walking his vanity.

He has talent, potential, but he's not a star yet, and if he thinks he already is, he's in a very bad way.

Lampard likes him, but the reality is what it is, next year it takes a lot more than that to be able to play in this team.

I'm absolutely certain you did see a different game because that's 100% not what happened. 

As for you saying he thinks hes a star, where did you get that from, theres nothing at all to back that up, what a weird thing to say.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

You did and you’re wrong. 

I’ve said this before this season and I’ll no doubt say it again but Mount is so instrument to the way we play. Both he, Pulisic and Azpilicueta are the first names on the team sheet in my opinion. 

We look a shadow of the team when he’s missing, even on his worst days his work rate and intensity lifts the entire team. He’s a crucial cog in this chelsea team and will be for the next decade. He absolutely has to start for the rest of the season if he’s not injured.

For those who don’t rate him but love stats... his record is better than Franks at the same age so it shows you how good he has been. 

Top talent & top player for us this year.

Different positions but Mount could be for us what Pedro was for Pep's Barca and to an extent Conte's title team here.

You need these players with a tactical edge and workrate to go along with the star talents (not that Mount isn't naturally gifted in his own right same with Pedro, far from it in fact).

Mount is fantastic and has so much potential but he needs to move a lot more after passing and admiring it. I only watched him more yesterday as my brother had Mount, Willian and Giroud to score and I was urging him to push forward and the amount of times he stood in the same spot after passing out wide instead of bursting into the box showed either a lazy side or lack of tactical knowledge. 

Its a shame to make the comparison, however he should watch videos of Lampard who was the best pass and move midfielder in memory. 

Frank certainly likes Mount.

Now Pulisic is back and we are getting penalties and Willian is dispatching them with aplomb it makes sense to try Mount in midfield.

I don't really notice him there and through the stream never quite sure if it is Mount, Azpi or even Jorginho.

Good to se him get MOTM though.

11 hours ago, Mr. President said:

A bit harsh saying he was poor, more pretty average imho. I like his energy but as with Kova, too often there's not enough end product. If we're ever going to close the gap on Liverpool we're simply going to need a lot more creativity and firepower from more players. However, overall Mount has just about shown  enough this season to be part of the squad next year. Certainly shown more than CHO and the sadly limited and over hyped James.