Jack Grealish

forbzy

11 hours ago, big blue said:

David Bentley 2.0 

That's harsh and had forgotten that name and probably would have remained that way.

David Bentley at one time touted to be the next Beckham and disappeared very quickly due to being very limited.

Grealish on the other hand has some genuine skill, can carry the ball and score some cracking goals.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

That's harsh and had forgotten that name and probably would have remained that way.

David Bentley at one time touted to be the next Beckham and disappeared very quickly due to being very limited.

Grealish on the other hand has some genuine skill, can carry the ball and score some cracking goals.

So did bentley. 

In fact Bentley at 24 had made a bigger impact than Grealish has. 

Grealish is a good player, but has a lot to prove, and unfortunately, i think his love for villa will ultimately stop him from realising his potential. 

Just now, big blue said:

So did bentley. 

Grealish is a good player, but has a lot to prove, and unfortunately, i think his love for villa will ultimately stop him from realising his potential. 

I agree on his strong ties to Villa a bit like Steve Bull at Wolves, however if he were to move I could see it being Utd.

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I agree on his strong ties to Villa a bit like Steve Bull at Wolves, however if he were to move I could see it being Utd.

Maybe united, but i think he will be priced out of a move as long as villa are in the prem. 

He is stay a big fish in a small pond imo.

5 minutes ago, big blue said:

So did Bentley. 

Think I was a bit unfair on Bentley yet remember he never seemed to live up to the hype, suppose the next Beckham tag didn't help.

Forgot he went to Spurs too and see he retired at just 29, wonder what went wrong for him.

• 10 months later...
11 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

He's a player this guy, i have to hold my hands up and say i got it wrong. Hes taken over Hazard as the best dribbler in the premier league.

Yeah I didn't realise how good he was until I watched him recently. 

I'm not sure we would be in for him though, I reckon he's more likely to end up at United if anywhere. No disrespect as Villa are a good side at the moment but it's very likely if he wants to achieve something in the game he needs to leave at some point.

For me Grealish does not score enough goals, he will take a shot and pull a save out of the keeper yet is unlikely to score without a deflection.

On the positive, when on the ball he can hold it up until he sees a run then move around his marker to put in a quality cross. 

Good energy too and will play for the team.

4 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

For me Grealish does not score enough goals, he will take a shot and pull a save out of the keeper yet is unlikely to score without a deflection.

On the positive, when on the ball he can hold it up until he sees a run then move around his marker to put in a quality cross. 

Good energy too and will play for the team.

He's just a very tricky player to play against, he draws fouls and makes spaces for a few of his teammates so even if he doesn't score that many goals he's a good playmaker.

2 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Can't stand him. And he wouldn't fit into the side really.

We learned to love Ashley Cole, so perhaps maybe possibly there might be a whiff of an outside chance we can learn to hate Grealish one degree less if he became a superstar for us for the cost of just a packet of crisps.

Yeah, I know, I'm a dreamer.

46 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

No just a translator as that type of Brummie is difficult to work out though perhaps Alexa can be programmed 😀

I can translate thick black country, which is like ultra Brummie accent. would love to see a spark in midfield. and stop him going to the theatre of w**kers.

29 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I reckon United sign him.

Probably, someone did say either United or Spurs. I personally think that he looks like a Spurs player, he has that aura about him and the way he plays...

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Probably, someone did say either United or Spurs. I personally think that he looks like a Spurs player, he has that aura about him and the way he plays...

I always thought he was destined for Spurs but now Mourinho is in charge, I just can't see it. He isn't a Mourinho type player and would get more criticism and stick than poor Joey Cole used to get!