Chelsea v Liverpool (FA) Tues 3rd Mar 19:45 GMT

Have to wonder if the mix up between James and Batman for the last sub went something like:

Frank: Last sub Jody, think we should send on the guy with the dodgy haircut.

Jody: You think boss? Ok I will tell him to get Ready.

Frank: Cheers Jody.

*Batman is ready*

Frank: No Jody I meant the one who is only dodgy with his hairdo not in his game.

*batman sits down*

You can see glimpses of what frank wants to do in games like this that why it winds me up when people blame him so harshly, look at what he has and some of the performances we put in, his vision and his style of play are brilliant. 

Imagine this side with ziach one of cho or pulasic on the wings, Tellas at lb and RLC instead of Barkley, we would certainly be challengers I feel. 

13 minutes ago, OnePeterOsgood said:

Never thought I’d say this, but thought we looked a lot more solid with Zouma at the back. 

I was looking forward to a zouma rudi partnership all that pace and power is intimidating for forwards if the two of them could get an understanding going that has to be a solid pairing. 

For me Christensen just gets beaten to the ball on crosses too many tines, zouma does not, rudi needs to work on his positioning greatly, but the ability us there they both just need well drilled 

• Good night, I put a small bet on us to win too.
  • Good performances, Kepa was solid.
  • The defence was ok even Alonso.
  • The forwards played well and the midfield did ok even with the enforced changes.
  • Gilmour looks worthy of a start in the league.
  • Barkley scored with a stunner even though I thought he should have passed to Pedro.

Pedro deserves a mention, worked very hard and is a great example for the rest of the team IMO.

Edited by Strider6003

15 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Really impressed with the side, bloody shame about the injuries though. 

Any news on how serious the injuries are? With Kante and Jorginho being out against Everton, it’s bad news that we probably won’t have Kovacic and Willian either!

6 minutes ago, ekimozturk said:

Any news on how serious the injuries are? With Kante and Jorginho being out against Everton, it’s bad news that we probably won’t have Kovacic and Willian either!

Heard nothing unfortunately, I've been googling it all night, I'm praying to the footballing gods that both are okay. 

2 minutes ago, ekimozturk said:

Just read this: Lampard reports Willian and Kovacic both came off with Achilles issues. He says Willian's appears the less serious but he hopes neither is too drastic.

F***ing achilles again!

Strange I thought Kova was pointing at his knee.

47 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Have to wonder if the mix up between James and Batman for the last sub went something like:

Frank: Last sub Jody, think we should send on the guy with the dodgy haircut.

Jody: You think boss? Ok I will tell him to get Ready.

Frank: Cheers Jody.

*Batman is ready*

Frank: No Jody I meant the one who is only dodgy with his hairdo not in his game.

*batman sits down*

I think the third referee intervened.

”Are you f*cking kidding me? He’s hopeless”

I'm loving this Chelsea throw back to the 1970's - midfielder with a proper footballer's name, a centre-forward who just does centre-forward things and gets cramp if he comes into his own half, a back four that is dodgy as anything in defence but brilliant in attack, scrappy draws against sh*te teams and mullering the league leaders in the Cup. The only thing that could make this better is Eddie McCreadie in a sheepskin coat...